Do NOT nerf Guardian Druid Mage Tower

No, it isn’t. How are you not realizing that you are speaking in extremes, making judgments about a person’s entire character and positioning yourself as the arbiter of what is or isn’t extreme? Wow.

Again, positioning yourself as the arbiter. There is no more validity to your argument than those “opposing people asking for adjustment”. The raw arrogance here is astounding. I’m glad you hate me; if you liked me I’d be doing something very wrong.

Edit - FYI you’re already on ignore, so save your fingers some effort.

1 Like

Then stop opposing people who ask for tunings with statements like “No, it’s supposed to be challenging, don’t gut it!”. Tuning is not gutting.

No, you oppose people, I oppose you. This is an open forum.

Why do you think your position is more valid then ? Especially when it’s covered in the stench of “No, I got mine!”. Just because we managed to do it in the conditions that are in game right now doesn’t mean those conditions are fun or in any way what they should be.

Strange, because you’re the one sounding arrogant to me in all of this. “I got mine! You shouldn’t have a slightly easier time than I did!”.

2 Likes

For those who have enough skill at arbitrary button-mashing.

“Many” who are extremely good at arbitrary button-mashing.

Oh, we get it. And it sucks. Being permanently gated from something one desires because one’s best will never be good enough is a bad feeling in any situation. It’s a worse feeling when you pay monthly to experience it.

I have met bad people in my life, but you brother, you take the first on my list, how can you be so selfish and conceited?
You scare me…

1 Like

If it’s just arbitrary button mashing that completes the challenges, then surely anyone could get good at it. Just arbitrarily mash buttons harder, right?

You’re only permanently gated from it if you choose to be. Nothing is stopping people from improving, learning the fights, and using old gear.

You pay monthly for access to the servers. You do not pay monthly for the mage tower…

Yeah, it feels bad.

Here’s me lamenting that possibility before I got my kill:

Not once do I say “Well I deserve the bear because I sub”. I managed to put the elbow grease in and eventually beat the content pre-nerf, but I could have failed and fallen short and been a bit sad but at the end of the day, you have to acknowledge that you can’t be selfish and want to take an experience away from the younger gamers. They’re playing the game too, and is it really fair for you to want to have the content ruined for them just to satisfy your own ego?

I hate to say it, but I don’t have mythic raid gear, or current season gladiator PvP sets. The MT is hardly the only thing in the game out of reach, so I’m not sure what makes this case special.

What’s wrong with the mage tower IMO:

I need to follow a cookie cutter spec and build.
I need to follow a specific dance, no creativity involved.
They removed all my borrowed-power that i’m currently using that are part of my today build.
For Guardian, I need to be a Boomkin. This isn’t about being a druid, it should be about being a Guardian druid.
The challenge is a time-walking event meant for everyone who wasn’t there before to see what was there. If you want challenges, you already have Mythic raiding, Mythic + and Rated PVP.
In Legion, you could eventually outgear the magetower. Don’t pretend that everyone who did it in legion is somehow a superstar of the keyboard dance and copy-pasting cookie cutter videos.
The mage tower removes all sense of choice that we made for ourselves when we built a character.

Great job at being a monkey I guess.

4 Likes

Scared you because I think things should’ be earned and not just given because the majority can’t do it?
Man, that is literally the best compliment I have ever got. Thank you so much.

And by the way, if you read my OP, I still have not attained the Druid skin. So how is this selfish? Lol nice logic.

If you can’t down the mage tower you just a casual it’s ok

This game was so popular in its day because it mimics life.

You go through tragic events, bear arms, and go out to defend your people. You choose your profession to make gold along the way. Then you engage the big bad guy, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The only real difference is the respawn after death.

The game really hasn’t changed, the players have. You’re one of the new ones, that believe just because you pay, you should get every reward, even if you can’t beat the challenge. The game was never designed that way, even FF has challenges the average player can’t beat.

So yea, the game is like life, and I still pay to play because it is difficult. The day they nerf this game to a everybody wins situation will be the death of it. There’s no point in playing a game with no challenge that requires zero effort.

There’s no need to reply, we will never see eye to eye on this matter. You have a good day.

I pay monthly for developers to consider everyone who plays their game when they’re continuing to develop the game. I wouldn’t want to access their servers if they didn’t. This iteration of the Mage Tower is an example of tone-deaf developers who are not mindful of how their tuning will affect players.

The original MT was irritating, but since it was meant for challenge-seekers, the frustration was acceptable to some degree. The solution was simply to outgear it so that it became easier to accomplish.

This version is significantly harder, which is completely unacceptable. What’s worse, certain specs are grossly overtuned compared to others.

It’s bad design. It needs to be fixed or scrapped.

1 Like

Actually, as a casual myself, I consider the mage tower to be incredibly casual friendly. I can queue for it whenever I want and I can stop whenever I want without consideration of others.

The cynic in me says “They can create cognitive barriers to their inability to get Mythic Raid, M+, or PvP rewards. However, Mage Tower is completely accessible and all the responsibility falls on you, so you’ve got nowhere to hide and no excuses to justify your inability to succeed”.

Same reason nobody plays Quake anymore but people love playing CS or Halo. In Quake, if you lost, you lost. In CS or Halo, if you lost, “that was BS, no call-outs, WHERE WERE MY TEAMMATES” etc. A good number of people like to pretend they’re much better than they actually are, and Mage Tower tears down the facade they setup.

Could just be reading too much into it, but that definitely seems like something that impacts at least some subset of players.

Forum meta has shifted. Baddies have gone “mask-off” and now admit that they’ve always meant the term casual to mean "bad at WoW’, rather than hiding behind limited playtime opportunities etc.

You might want to consider freshening up on the EULA that you agreed to. It clearly states that our subscription cost only entitles us to server access… nothing else.

Because everything you mentioned is totally gear-dependant except the Mage Tower. If you gear enough and decide to go for it, you can accomplish everything you mentioned except the Mage Tower. The MT is luck, twitch reflex, over-the-top preparation with potions and specific gems and consumables and all that. That same Mythic Raid gear would not win you the Mage Tower. And that’s part of what’s wrong with its tuning.

He referenced Mythic Raiding and what you listed sounds like how players beat that content. The same goes for super high keys. Gear is a big factor but can only offset poor play up to a point.

1 Like

Obviously you don’t deserve it, I don’t think it has to do with the skill level but with karma, being a person as you are, I think you are the type who prefers to take out one eye so that the person next to you loses his. You just have to read your comments to realize the type ego you have, it sucks by the way.

This is a game for god’s sake. People who ask for changes to the Tower are not that they want the free things, they just want to be able to have a little fun, just that. I don’t give a damn about achievement or transfigurations myself, I just want to be able to have fun doing the challenge (with balance) and not hitting my head against the wall.

For the first 5/10M in SoD (and most raids before it), gear definately trivializes the encounters. The most glaring example I can remember is Eternal Palace. Our first kill as a 20 man guild, we hit enrage and barely got it.

By the time we were farming Azshara, we had 4 carries who died on pull and kill it just before 3 minutes came off cooldown. 4 less people hitting it, half the time to kill it (and a good pay off, since we could bring those 4 carries to the first 4, then we did 2 up to Azshara, and we had 1 for Azshara).

Mythic encounters definately ramp up as you go through bosses and those first few bosses are undertuned because Blizzard knows the first people in there won’t have top level gear trying them.