Do I still have to PvE to PvP?

So far… I’m kinda liking it

PVE trinkets are still dumb af on some classes. The intent is to have you raid and do m+ to have bis gear for pvp. They make too much $$$$ off of pve gold carries.

I just resubbed and hit 60, and I’m very concerned about legendary items in PVP. As I hear it, it may cost 200-500k to get up to a level 3 legendary. This essentially makes it so I’ll have to buy WOW tokens (and probably need to keep buying them as further upgrades becomes necessary) if I want to be viable in PVP. Not a fan of pay2notlose systems. Anyone have any more details about this? It seems like this is heavily skipped/glossed over in many conversations surrounding PVEing for PVP.

Yes, I picked up a 184 2hander from a mythic and makes a massive difference in my lethality.

Every one else saying pve gear doesn’t matter for pvp needs to wake up and join reality.

I’ve not heard if legendary affects stay in PvP but if they do your gonna be a a huge disadvantage without them or without the best one.

Well, let’s face it. Blizzard makes lot of money in the current system. Ppl buying carry most likely dont have time to farm gold as well, so they buy token to get the gold they want. So, in the end, forcing ppl to do PvE to get the best gears make Blizzard more money and they arent going to change it

I finally found out the answer in a blue post:

It seems like the official answer is yes, with systems strikingly similar to BFA.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-rewards-and-item-levels/761970

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-first-week-of-shadowlands-season-1/761552

These posts state that Duelist gear is equivalent to 226, and 226 is also equivalent to a +14 Keystone, thus making anyone’s experience who solely wants to pvp more difficult.

Classic TBC it is.

Yes

Kekw…

for reference you’ve gotta hit 2100 to get 226 gear and 226 vault
mythic 15 gives 210 gear with 226 vault
mythic raid gives 226, with last 2 bosses 233, vault 226+

Power caps based on rating (you upgrade the base 200 conquest gear using honor to these caps)

• Unranked - 200
  • Combatant - 207
  • Challenger - 213
  • Rival - 220
  • Duelist - 226
  • Combatant: 1400–1599
  • Challenger: 1600–1799
  • Rival: 1800–2099
  • Duelist: 2100–2399
  • Gladiator: 2400

You are correct that this system has no goal of fairness whatsoever

1 Like

It’s ight.

just counting down the days until Classic TBC hits.

Most other people here seem to be okay with this system.

never thought about it, but if people refuse to play even the minimal amount of the game outside of pvp they will be awarded as such. i wish i could just log on and do arenas on the daily and have everything i need

youll be fine without pve’ing. the pvp gear is slightly behind right now if you have a fully upgraded honor set (currently rank 5) and current amount of conquest gear, but in a few weeks we’ll be caught up and come out ahead. long term it doesnt matter if you dont pve for gear, but early in the season it will give you a bit of an advantage.

If you want to PVP competitively, you must:

-Run Torghast enough to get a max level legendary piece of gear (about an hour a week).

-Run whatever dungeon gives your best legendary recipe (I ran Plaguefall 17x and still didn’t get mine). Some get it their first try though so it might not be so bad for you. I know someone that ran it 80x and still didn’t get it though.

-Run raids/mythic+ to get the best gear (currently, although in a few months pvp gear should catch up once you can get a full set of conquest).

-Level your covenant renown to get access to conduits (about an hour a week).

So there’s a ton of PVE you have to do.

If PVE players had to do anywhere close to that much PVP to be raid viable, I’d wager half the players would unsub.

2 Likes