Do I really have to do 11 - 15 M+

Posted what? The forum table of contents? You posted that 24 hours ago? I mean you really just want to argue for argument’s sake.

1 Like

I don’t get why you’d be dishonest on something easy to prove/disprove.
Here’s 2 pictures of the thread titles on this forum from the top (most recent):

Imgur

Imgur

The only thread other than this that would remotely cover what the OP of this thread is talking about is that one by Sifu, which was created 10h ago, so long AFTER this thread was made. That’s scrolling past a good 25-30 threads. And that’s on the “Latest” tab, if I was a user using the “Top” tab, you can literally get all the way to the bottom and see nothing other this thread on this topic. This front page narrative makes about as much sense as citing a source on the 5th page of Google results, it’s a little unrealistic/unreasonable to expect people to scroll past all of that to look for more.

Even if there is one other thread, no one’s breaking the forum CoC for creating a second thread. The same user has to develop some form of pattern for making duplicate threads on the same topic, or making the same thread across different forums, to be in violation.

If anything, what you’re doing actually fits multiple criteria on what counts as “Spamming/Trolling” in the forum’s CoC.

Blizzard have specifically talked about not wanting people to feel incentivised to run lower keys as one of their goals with the upgrade system, so that would in fact not be a good thing at all. And frankly, telling someone to go PvP or do Heroic raids is kind of a silly way to go about it when there are legit reasons for people to choose a pillar of the endgame to play, and each mode should be sufficient for its own needs.

2 Likes

They are just defending a new feature that Blizzard just released and said they would adjust on player feedback (essentially asking for that feedback), which is exactly what this topic is doing. Saying there are other options, or saying that we just don’t understand the system is tantamount to trolling. Which is why I won’t be responding to that person anymore.

Yes I think the crest system is better than valor, but no I don’t think it is perfect. Some QoL changes should be made (like being able to downgrade or upgrade crests, or getting lower crests when we cap the higher level ones). The good thing is, Blizzard is listening and responding to these concerns.

Do I have to literally spell it out for the both of you?

OP started this thread yesterday. My initial response was:

Zero post classic, seems like a sock puppet making multiple threads about the same thing at this point. You can downgrade crests if you need, but you should have lower crests from pushing keys

You posting a screen shot of what threads are up at this current moment does not reflect what was at the time of my posting. I literally cannot understand how you are both so dense.

What do you think you are doing exactly? Takes two to tango.

Then report me and see what happens. I legit cringe whenever I see you in my notifications. At least your word salad isn’t as much of a novel this time. You act like some forum arbiter when in reality you are the “well actually…” guy that no one likes, but people put up with.

It was like that yesterday as well - I actually did check at the time I wrote my first reply. You can keep scrolling further now, and you won’t hit some barrage of threads talking about it. This is literally something anyone can visually see, simply by scrolling down the Latest tab to threads in the “2d”, “3d”, “4d” range for “Activity”.

What are you blabbing about? Literally your very first action coming into this thread was an attempt to forum police. The hell kind of projection is going on here?

Since this thread was started, we have a Blizz post pointing to this as something they’re in discussion about. So even going away from the forum police attempt, the merits of the actual issue in this thread have been acknowledged as a legit issue that warrants improvement. Are you going to spend another 70 posts railing at Blizzard that people can just downgrade crests?

1 Like

That’s usually what I say to your word walls.

If people keep tagging me I can go all day. You think I’m the one initiating arguments with all these people? No, it’s people who initiate with me and continue to do so.

So you don’t get to say that I’m derailing anything when every other person takes equal part in it. Including yourself.

It would be cool if the rewards were stacking. So let’s say you do an 11, you get everything up to wyrm crest. If you do a 16, you get everything including wyrm crest materials and the next one. And so on

1 Like

But my screenshot isn’t of a topic list, its the front page of the forums that list all the sub forums (what I consider to be the forums first page) in response to your:

Again, you are just arguing just to argue. You didn’t even bother to look at the screenshot, and are accusing others of being dense. I mean if you want to have a conversation, at least follow along.

Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, meet Pot.

1 Like

the downgrade system being 1:1 is silly imo
should be 1:2 or something (1 aspect gets you 2 wyrms so on)
but then we’d be gearing way too fast i guess.

1 Like

Again, you initated this whole thing with mo real purpose except to dig up some pointless argument. Again, you kept this dragging on.

This it’s you trying to play semantics.

My only real problem with the upgrade system is that flightstones do not drop from enough places. If I like doing dungeons or raiding, I shouldn’t have to do 20 world quests to get the stones to do 1 upgrade.

All Bosses should drop a fair amount plus there should be a fair amount in your various caches for weeklies.

How would you know? You never even looked at the screenshot, which proves:

And aside from replying to you, I actually contributed to the thread in my original reply rather than just attack the OP like you did because you were unhappy with his post.

1 Like

Flightstones are a bit scarce in open world content.

If I do M+ and run a +11 it takes 15 minutes to clear a dungeon and I get 120 flight stones at the end. In 15 minutes in world quests I’d get only like 20-30.

I don’t have to look at the screen shot because of the fact you took it over a day after I made the statement. You’re trolling.

Why not just have crests drop from the vault? Where you get a certain number based on each vault slot that you unlock, and the type you get is based on the difficulty level of that vault slot. Seems like a much easier solution than this overly convoluted system that we have now, and it would incentivize people to actually run the highest content that they want to…

The other issue with overgeared people spamming 11-15s is that it makes it much harder for people who are actually at that level to get into groups. There is a major flaw in this system around wyrm crests and it creates the wrong incentives…there is simply too big of a mismatch between the gear ilvl that wyrm crests are needed up until and the difficulty of content that they drop from.

Its not different from Season One in that regard - they just changed Valor into a more relevant progression. At least those new or learning players can actually improve on low keys without having to compete for spots in level 1-7 keys with those who are used to running high keys and are Valor farming.

It is though, you could run whatever you wanted in season 1 but it was just faster / more efficient to run +2s. Now you can’t run higher keys at all for wyrm crests, you have to run lower ones.

A better system would be to let you choose your crest award.

Time a 20 = pick between 12 aspect, 18 wyrm, or 25 drake/whelp (which are BOA)

But since crests are only needes the first time in reality the entire crest system will be pointless in 5 days. Really bad design imo.

I know I’m ahead of the game here but in 2 weeks these fourms will be full of “useless crests” threads

You use the lower Crests in higher volumes to upgrade gear so all Crests are useful and you can trade the higher ones for lower in Loame. I doubt that Crests will be useless unless you have so many wrong ones because you are farming the wrong dungeons.

I’m already 437 ilevel. I need 5 more wyrm and 1 more aspect for upgrades. After you have 441 it only costs flightstones, and 4 aspect per craft.

So yes crests are almost useless for me.