Do Brewmaster use 1H weapons now?

Just asking since the Spec says he only uses Staff and Polearms but the Emissary gave me a 1H sword. (I did had BM has loot so no, it wasnt that)

It may appear on SL itself.

Blizzard has announced that Frost Death Knights, Windwalker Monks, and Brewmaster Monks in Shadowlands can once again choose between dual wielding one-handed weapons or using a single two-handed weapon!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311879/two-handed-frost-death-knights-windwalker-monks-and-dual-wield-brewmaster-monks-

1 Like

wq rewards arent spec specific and can roll for any of your specs options.

Not the WQs, i mean the Emissary chest after doing 4 WQs

Yes. My BrM can use two 1 handers now just fine.

1 Like

They can dual wield or use a 2h staff/polearm, same with WW now too.

Well thanks for the confirmation guys, Blizz needs to freaking update the Spec info ingame…

1 Like

cries in enhancement shaman

5 Likes

Frost DK, Brewmaster, Windwalker, and Fury can get 1h or 2h weapons from the Emissary weapon and equipment cache. Frost DK and Fury warrior can set another spec if they want 2h weapon only, Monks are out of luck.

They should have removed the weapon restrictions they added on spec abilities for not just enhancement, but Arms and Ret too. If I want to play non-optimally, that’s my own problem. It’s as if in Legion my characters had brain injury and forgot how to use certain weapons with their abilities…

1 Like

Wish Emissary Caches would allow a choice of reward. Weapons cache can offer 1h, 2h, shields or offhands. Armor caches give you an option between 2 or 3 slots. Trader’s stock choice between trinket or ring.

My Frost Death Knight missed out on a upgrade due to a 2h drop. My mage has had 4 straight armor caches give bracers which are already higher than what drops despite having just about every slot be a potential upgrade.

2 Likes

Also fury has there single minded fury back i can’t wait for that for myself soon!

My panda uses the bone knuckle fist weapons with the wind enchant since he rarely actually uses them to fight, but my human monk looks better with a staff on his back instead of two swords, so I am happy that I can put a staff on his back. I just wish there were actual WW animations that permitted weapon use, would love to see some Donatello moves when fighting, haha.
My BM KT will keep his staff, wouldn’t look right with two one handed weapons, unless they were silly, since he’s always drunk, hmmmmmmm.

If you use the BM artifacts on ww spec you atleast don’t lose it at all when fighting good enough for now but i hope they do that for all 2handers one day for my monk alt.

1 Like

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/dathremar/rhiara

My monk always has a drink handy, and she’s not even BM.

1 Like

I think I’ll have to take a look at my bm monk now, he would look a lot better with weapons like yours, instead of the large staff, haha. Cool looking dwarf! :smiley:

1 Like

(sorry for the necro but my question fit well with this post I found searching the forums )

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I equipe 2 handed weapons and 1 handed weapons, and my monk never uses them, he just punch and kick. Would be cool if there was at least one or 2 animations ( auto attack at least ) that uses them.

Am I just missing something ?

Monks don’t really use their weapons to attack. Brewmaster had an ability that used it, but they took it out for blackout kick.

You can use legion artifacts to at least see your weapon more often. For instance, if you use the Legion Brewmaster artifact transmog, he’ll hold it on his shoulder while fighting, rather than just having a weapon sit on your back.

WW Weaps will come out occasionally as well if you use the legion WW artifact. Only some of the abilities though. And I believe auto attacks.

Thanks, I understand the need for martial arts moves, but it is nice when the weapons comes out once in a while.

I wouldn’t call what they do with weapons “using them” it’s more wearing them which is a bit of a shame