Do Arms Warriors suck?

Just wondering what their current state is like, I have had nothing but negative experiences with them since ive re subbed.

meant to post on this character

Warriors are bottom of the barrel right now sadly.

Arms warrior is the weakest 1v1 melee at the moment. Not recommended.

They’re ok for normal BG’s, although I’d say Fury is generally stronger. Arms is a bit group-dependent, the self-sustain is pretty weak, and you have to make some choices between mobility, survivability, and control. The damage isn’t great, but will supposedly be buffed somewhat in the next patch.

I still enjoy it, even though it’s not as strong as it has been at other times. I think you can definitely be a positive factor for your team, but it’s not ideal for a lot of 1v1 or 1vN situations and it has some pretty hard counters. So it requires some tenacity, anticipation, and calculated aggression.

Warrios are pretty bad solo.

They need a healer but can dish out some good damage and utility. The new buffs coming out for rend apparently could be a really strong buff with the right traits iirc.

1 Like

I’ve always found arms to be more fun than fury. We seem a little lacking though admittedly.

Same, I actually find Arms just as sustainable as Fury, if you use second wind well. Both are fodder though really.

I’ve been doing BGs as Prot and it’s super fun. Not great dmg but super annoying.

Arms has been on a steep decline since their glory days of mop

Only reason I havnt levelled my warrior for the past 3 expansions is because arms is so dumpster tier. I have no interest in fury and I wish arms was better.

2 Likes

Since I Pvp as one

1. Similar to how you pvp as a rogue you gotta pvp as an arms warrior. As in pick your fights, situational awareness and be smart about your cooldowns.

2. Right now really gear dependent to be decent

However if someone is healing you, you’re a one man wrecking crew.

Fury is a lot of fun right now, no complaints, but what I really dislike about Arms is that for most of WoW’s history, as a warrior I felt like you really had great capability to end a fight if you could close with your opponents and with the changes to MS and execute, that’s gone or severely diminished.

1 Like

They deal such little damage my spirit beast heal can come off cooldown over and over again and they stand no chance of beating a bm hunter or any healer ish dps.

It’s fun, but In BGs / Incursions, my play generally goes like this:

• Pop Avatar. SO BIG. WORGEN SMASH.
  • Heroic leap into group of people fighting. Ka-BLAMMO!
  • SMASH with Warbreaker with 3x azerite talent, woo, big numbers!
  • SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN
  • DYING! DYING! RUN AWAY! POP THAT DEFENSIVE THING. Oh, it doesn’t affect magic damage. HEROIC LEAP AWAY! Crap, on cooldown. Fear! Commanding Shout! Random other buttons! Oh, wait, I’m dead.

…so, when are my cooldowns back up?

4 Likes

They don’t even kill anything though they just deal acceptable damage for 30 seconds then perish.

1 Like

“Deal acceptable damage for 30 seconds and then perish,” man, I should get that tattooed on my forehead.

2 Likes

Think as arms as a one-use flu needle. Get the shot, and then dispose the needle.
In WoW terms: Hopefully global someone then die in the next 30s.

fury damage and healing is more than acceptable. if they don’t kill you before your second spirit mend is up then they got kited or got killed themselves.

now arms warrior stands no chance against a bm hunter, even if their damage was higher than a ret.

Just a note here: arms warrior in Legion was one of the strongest 1vN classes in the game due to souls of slaughter (but that didn’t come until midway through Legion).

Arms hasn’t been this weak in a long time.

I feel warriors got left behind when DKs, Monks, DHs and now SV hunters came along.

They all got the same to better mobility, minus DKs, along with lots of healing and CC.

I’m tempted to try one out in classic, sad thing is they were the same back then. Fodder without a healbot.