Do Arms Warriors suck?

No they do not suck. But they have a specific purpose and generally bringing more than 1 warrior is poop.

Arms Warrior has an ability called Sharpen. That ability is why arms warriors are wanted.

A warrior’s primary purpose is to target call and yell out 2 to 3 seconds before they use their ability sharpen so people can focus warrior’s target.

Except everyone has a healing debuff now a days…

BG’s are full of fury warriors and few arms warriors. I think theres something in that statement worth considering.

• says that warriors don’t actually suck
  • argues that because of one single healing reduction that they’re good

big think

garbage.

play a paladin, pop your wings in a 1v1 and just win against anyone, even resto druids fam.

False, the maledict trinket from this season single handedly replaced arms warriors in RBG’s. Please do your research next time.

That’s how much blizzard hates us, firstly the EP removal trait, then the execute nerfs, now this, what next? They should delete arms IMO. Yet somehow it manages to be a fun spec to play at least in M+.

Tried arms for the first time since like December last night.

Oh my god the damage is no bueno.

What did they do to it?

Arms does decent damage at about 400ilevel with the right talents/traits, it’s its lack of survivability that’s the problem. Once blizzard fixes that, then it won’t be a broken spec.

As for my winrate, went 0-3 as alliance, and 0-2 as horde. That was just now. Blizzard just loves putting me in B squad pleb groups.

I’m at 390, decent traits.

Personally I’ve always been an arms guy vs fury.

Leveled up my warr (this is honestly just my posting toon lately) and loved chunking people’s health in arms.

It just feels like it doesn’t as much as it did in early bfa. Got a couple decent 30k ms crits, but execute is just meh now.

The survivability I know sucks. I’ve been pretty much just rocking fury since December, but got a few gear upgrades to use for arms so did so last night.

Yeah arms in Uldir was absolutely a monster, but no blizzard has to buff their fury second love child spec so that it fits their C L A S S F A N T A S Y. Just another example of #fublizz.

1 Like

Yea dude. It’s sad.

My arms warrior has been my pseudo main (despite altoholism) since I started in wrath.

I fell in love the patch they added ms auto Crit after charge when some hunter opened up on my in ungoro crater and I blew him up.

My gf thinks warrior is my favorite because I get all giddy when I’m running around smashing execute on people. It’s the most satisfying feeling in the game.

1 Like

Dying quick isn’t so bad if damage output is high enough to make up for it… like I could live with a blow shiz up and die sort of spec, but Arms isn’t even that. It’s more like running around slapping people with a big noodle and then dying because everybody and their brother has some form of combat regen but you as an Arms warrior don’t. To add insult to injury, said combat regen is so strong that our signature healing reduction barely registers.

It’s unfortunate because you couldn’t pay me to play the goofy dual washboard spec. I’d rather let the character collect dust than spec fury.

Oh I suppose I could waste time by reiterating what’s already been said, but I fear your head would melt from the reading.

Another benefit is its a fairly simple class so most can play it without to much trouble.

Even without maledict…sooo many classes have a healing debuff now if they talent it.

Dks, rogues, hunters, locks…am I missing any?

1 Like

Prot actually has decent damage, better than Fury at times, don’t cut it till you try it.

Or you possibly could take an easier solution and not talk about classes that you literally have no idea how to play tbh.

I would say its the weakest arms has ever been, arms is literally the absolute worst pvp spec right now, id rather see a blood death knight in my bg

Arms warriors are only good if you know how to play them correctly. If you just log in with one as an alt, and use a cookie cutter build off of icyveins or some other site that thinks they know it all based on statistics, you’re going to suck and get frustrated.
There are only a few talent choices that are bad for pvp or arenas such as cleave.

Other than that

There is no bad choice, it is purely based on playstyle. If you want to get good at arms in pvp and pve you have to go through a system of trial and error to figure out what works best with how you want to be a resource for your group.

A good way to do this is spend time in front of various training dummy’s. Pick a talent spec you like most, and attack the dummy for about 3 minutes and look at your dps, then go to multi targets.

Then change 1 talent, and see how it effects single target vs multi target vs pvp target.

After about an hour after taking notes, you will end up honing in on what talents work best for you and then you have to add in utility.

To do that, if you want to do battlegrounds you have to try a couple, one time try storm bolt, then try using 2 charges of charge, try out second wind.
Think about what you want to do, chase healers? be a flag carrier? node defender? there are specific talents to help you out with whatever you decide you want your specialty to be in the battleground

There is always more to do than just the dps meter, however, if you want to get that thing cranking i suggest using warbreaker in combination with a bursty trinket, avatar, and bladestorm.
-Thats probably the best combination for extreme burst dps every 2 minutes or so

Also, azerite gear and pvp talents can greatly change your utility or single target damage, sustain damage, burst, survivability etc.

1 Like

Don’t listen to this guy.

BFA arms warrior does far less damage relative to health pools than Legion arms warrior. BFA arms warrior has almost no self-sustain while Legion arms warrior had excellent self-sustain with souls of the slaughter.

There is absolutely no way you could have played Legion arms warrior and be happy with BFA arms warrior. It is total trash in comparison. Before souls of the slaughter arms didn’t have good self-sustain in Legion but it still had damage that would delete people. In BFA arms has neither good damage nor good self-sustain.

Ive always played arms. There are times when it isn’t as great as before but you can always find ways to make it work.
I always come within the top 5 in damage in bg’s, raiding, mythic dungeons I’m usually first or second in damage, and I provide great utility to the group with interrupts, commanding shout, burst aoe damage and sustain with cleave.

You must be playing it wrong because I adjusted and hold my own just fine

• plus I have yet to see a fury warrior pass me in anything ever since bfa started