Do all WoW players listen to the same type of metal?

Nightwish, Tarja, Within Temptation, Epica, that sort of thing. I mean it makes sense, them being fantasy lyrically and musically and all, just wondering if this was what everyone’s been listening to.

5 Likes

I listen to some occasionally, not any specific bands. Rammstein is one of them, I usually listen to classical orchestra and soundtrack music though.

8 Likes

Aaaand go.

6 Likes

I like Within Temptation, but honestly… I don’t count them as Metal.

I do like original Nightwish… but I also like Behemoth, Disturbed, In This Moment, All That Remains, BFMV, Deathstars, and the band my guild is named after.

Then there are people who don’t listen to Metal.
Fine by me, not everybody is going to like the same genre(s).

I wish I could rename my guild…

I don’t listen to any metal. I wouldn’t count Rammstein for me since I mostly listen to them because I like the way German sounds.

1 Like

Iron Maiden, Sabaton, Motorhead, Celtica, you get the idea.

15 Likes

I listen to everything, im a music lover. There is no right or wrong music…there is just music. It either moves you and speaks to you or it dont. I live my life to music, and dance, because its something that evokes strong feelings , and relates to our life, and our fantasies.

10 Likes

i’m not super versed in metal, i tend to listen to whatever catches my ear. usually stuff with lots of heavy guitar chords and bass.
i THINK i trend towards power metal and industrial for the most part. i really like stuff like rammstein and sabaton

Oh, and this.

1 Like

I listen to whatever. Currently it’s Christmas songs.

If you want a true ‘fantasy’ theme to your music, listen to “Hawkwind” which had Michel Moorcock as a member from 1970 to 1975

6 Likes

Don’t hate me but I rarely listen to any music at all these days.

6 Likes

Can we hate you for other reasons?

I usually have pandora set for shuffle .

My tastes run from late 60’s on but I do have some stations set based on bands like Rammstein (toon name inspired by Waidmann’s Heil) Combicrist, Kmfdm, Metallica.

But also have stations in my shuffle not metal inspired like Eagles , Funk ,80s , b52’s , Rush ,Dream Theater , Joe Bonamasa ,Pink Floyd and many more .

5 Likes

Been listening to a lot of TSO holiday music lately

5 Likes

I listen to top 40 and Broadway. Lol.

2 Likes

just wondering if this was what everyone’s been listening to.

Never heard of any of them.

8 Likes

You can, a lot of people do.

These are 2 of my favorite Nightwish songs you may like it.

2 Likes

Well then, what would you like to be hated for?

i have listened to nightwish before, they had a few songs i liked