Do all WoW players listen to the same type of metal?

You know what? Nevermind your distinctions:

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll find something to hate on! Let me know what server you’re on and I’ll make a character and join your guild lol.

Gotta watch:

1 Like

You ever listen to G3?

Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen was my favorite line up of them. This year had Satriani, John Petrucci, Uli Roth with Carlos Santana, Huey Lewis, and Neal Schon.

3 Likes

thanks for the recs, i’ll listen to them when i get a chance!

there was some damn good music produced in the 80s. i have a few on my itunes and also some Queen songs i love. I’m not very specific on metal and Rammstein is the only band name i’ve really paid attention too when browsing metal music

I like some of nightwish and within temptation, although I’m more of a fan of two steps from hell these days - and no… that is not a metal band

this one is one of my favourite tunes though

4 Likes

Yeah, but I wanna hate on something that makes you happy.

Actually, feel like I’ve distracted the thread enough. I’ve just always found that phrase “Don’t hate me, but…” to be odd. Usually it’s used right before someone says something flameworthy. I can’t imagine anyone being upset that you don’t like music. Do you actually find people that get mad because you prefer quiet?

I usually listen to EDM! Some favourites are G@nja White Night, RL Grime, TIpper, Bassnectar, Noisia, Blacksun Empire. When I do metal, it’s all over. It can range from classic Iron Maiden, more modern with Rammstein or crust punk like Fall of Efrafa.

Ogre Battle.
Fairy Feller’s Master Stroke.
Seven Seas of Rhye.
March of the Black Queen.

The 80s had some good stuff, and so did the 90s. I love the way the old songs sounded on the old style component systems. So much sound they could shatter windows lol. I have my old component system connected to my pc, ipod ect, and man kids nowdays have no idea how good music sounds on a real system. You can hear so many more levels of sound with a real setup.

1 Like

in all honesty, my taste in music is kind of eclectic? like, the playlist i have setup has a decent amount of industrial metal, but it also has like a bunch of 80s anime openings and 80s synth pop and disco and like, backstreet boys and britney spears.

one minute i could be listening to spieluhr by rammstein, the next it’s like rasputine by boney m

1 Like

I listen to all kinds of music from smooth jazz to Lordi to Floyd to Devo to Dethklok.

3 Likes

I listen to a HUGE variety of music basically from AC/DC to ZZ Top with a lot of top 40, classic rock, classical, and older hip-hop in between.

With Christmas coming up soon I like to catch up with little Cindy Lou Who

I pretty much listen to whatever moves me in the moment.

2 Likes

If you want to hear what everyone’s been listening to, turn on FM radio or look at the iTunes charts. Pop is, by definition, the “popular” music of today, and metal is actually nowhere to be found. People (Americans anyway) listen to primarily hip hop, rnb and country (in that order), trailed distantly by rock, oldies, and electronic.

Personally, I listen to a little metal, mostly older stuff, but I also listen to electronic, ambient, pop, classical, oldies, prog rock, hip hop, jazz, and a host of other styles of music.

I think it’s really cliche to assume all WoW players even listen to metal, despite the devs best effort to make the Horde… rock out? I guess that would be it. In America, the percentage might be higher than the average music listener, but I can guarantee you that in EU and Asian areas, it’s a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

METAL. :metal:

I just saw Whitechapel, Oceano and Chelsa grin last night:) Was insane I loved it <3!! I been listing to whitechapel and ozzy osbourne and Lamb Of God! Also in a metal band! Mwahah, too much metal <3

Also, if this is just going to turn into a thread of people posting their favorite music, we already have that. Come by and share!

1 Like

I listen to all sorts of music.

I am one of those people that can go from Metal to Kpop instantly.

1 Like

My top five metal bands, in order: Iron Maiden, Amon Amarth, Dethklok, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir.

Fun fact, I’m in this video, 1:23, far right side with the green background. My favourite metal thing to ever happen to me :smiley:

This is my choice also. I throw in the odd uplifting trance too.