DMF in ally territory WITH Fire Festival?

Payback is a b^&#$. Going to camp this all week. World buffs should be removed when you zone into the instance.

1 Like

On an unrelated note, pretty sure I dispelled you in boot bay the other day. And I’m damn sure gonna dispel you from here on out. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Quoted for irony

4 Likes

Please tell everyone to camp him on your server.

I will be posting this thread on your server disc so all the Alliance can kill him, set up a campfire and toast marshmallows over his dead body.

you are comparing two completely different things. WCB and DMF. They aren’t equivalent.

compare your DMF to OUR DMF. Ours is way the heck and gone in TB AND its farther away from its GY. Allies can insta spawn @ their DMF.

You’re a healer.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Jeeze does the horde whining ever stop.

You already have every advantage on 90% of the PVP servers, and you’re complaining about a couple of 60 minute buffs? Absolutely cannot wait for warcraft logs phase 5 where there is a no world buff category and all these 99s end up being 65s when they only compete with other players with world buffs. Its gonna be glorious.

That doesn’t make sense.

If they are parsing a 98, that 98 is taking into account EVERYONE, with or without buffs.

Only thing that will happen is the size of the players it took from. For instance mage parses are usually against around 400,000 mages.

If you’re parsing a 98 with buffs, your parse after the logs change shouldn’t do anything. The only change I see is the people WHO DON’T get buffs, their parses will go up because they are no longer against people with buffs.

In reality the Horde are free to kill anyone they want in Booty Bay while the guards are asleep thanks to the population disparity

Delimicus! Bro!

Fist bumps

1 Like

Crying over the other faction’s parses has got to be the single most petty complaint I’ve seen on these forums, and that is saying a lot.

3 Likes

Depends on your server.

Naw it makes perfect sense. It’s like trying to be in the top 10% of your class at a private school vs a poor school in the country. If you’re only competing against try hards with world buffs, you’re taking the scrubs out of the pool entirely which means your overall percentage relative to the rest of the pool will go down considerably. If you include them in the pool, they’re just increasing the overall pool meaning there is more room at the top. It’s kind of the same logic behind pvp “pool party’s” as well.

1 Like

I am just a dumb truck driver but I feel if I parse a 98 on average, it’s still VS EVERYONE who gets buffs and doesn’t get buffs.

Why would removing the people who don’t get buffs lower my parse??

If I’m going to parse a 98, it’s still vs the other try hards.

For instance if I parse a 92 on a boss, just because you remove the players who don’t get buffs, I was still competing with the people who do, so I assume (I’m just a dumb truck driver so I may be wrong) it wouldn’t matter?

Which is easier. Finishing in the top 10% of a race between everyone in your neighborhood, or finishing in the top 10% in the Olympics?

You’re no longer being compared to the worst of the worst. If average between 1 and 100 is 50. If you remove the bottom 50%, then the average between 50 an 100 becomes 75

If I finished already in the 98th percentile already VS both, it’s the same?

But why would it change the top 2% of players if they are already against them all already??

I will use a more extreme example. If you remove the bottom 90% from the pool, then only the top 10% are remaining. 90-100. That means a 95 become a 50% parse.

So “parsing a 92” means you parsed better than ~91% of people of the same spec etc. So if I do 90 dps and the other 9 parses all did 85-95 dps because they all had world buffs) then I’m probably parsing right in the 50th percentile (someone around 50% did better, 50% did worse.)

But if I do 90 dps, and the other 9 parsers are doing 30-95 dps (because some have world buffs and some dont) then I’m going to parse much higher, because more people are doing worse than I am.

Parsing is a relative measure, not an absolute one. That may be where we’re not connecting?