DK Shadowlands Changes...2H Frost! :D

Yeah, the point is they now realized they were wrong and added it back in.

1 Like

I think why they decided to go with DW is pretty important. I highly doubt they just flipped a coin. Maybe its because it was the dominate choice for the majority of Frosts existence?

What does a weapon choice matter if the spec plays the same?

How in the world would you know that, do you have the metrics to support such a statement? I would argue the inverse, which is why 2H frost is being re-added.

2 Likes

Why’s that?

Dominate meaning better performing.

Like I said, they didnt just flip a coin. There had to be a reason why they did it? Right? Its been pretty clear from at least cata that they didnt want people to use underperforming specs with the removal of hybrids. Why would they choose 2h if it was behind DW?

I mean, they kind of did. the patch notes for Legion were massive - aimed at making Frost a DW spec.

And that is based on what exactly?

Don’t think I got the answer to my question. Why does it actually matter why they made their choice?

1 Like

For information and feedback purposes.

I think you analyze things the wrong way. You’re trying to figure the intent behind Blizzard, not how you would think about it. So you have to think about their design philosophy and see what they were doing and make observations and assumptions based on that.

For example, they were removing all sources of confusion, niche abilities, pruning, abstract mechanics from the game in Legion. It was clear and deliberate changes in that regard.

So, it seems well within that design space to remove the types of weapons from a spec that they would not be using at end game (where is where people spend most of their time playing wow) to possibly limit confusion like with every other change /no matter how subtle/ that they did.

So I think your question “What does a weapon choice matter if the spec plays the same” is just not thinking about the right things when you form your assumptions and arguments.

3 Likes

Could you be more specific? If the intent was known, how would that be used?

You should figure out the intent behind blizzard because they are the ones that did it.

And again, if the playstyle doesnt change, it wouldnt have mattered if someone leveled from 58-100 with a 2h, they arent lost in the dark because now the weapon is 2 1h weapons instead.

I think you may have misread or ignored everything I just posted, because it addresses both of those points. One of those points was actually the one that I made.

1 Like

If it was due to balance issues, then those balance issues can be solved… right? If it was just the artifact weapon then why didnt they bring it back in with BFA? Legion and the artifacts were over with, there would be no reason to let 2h stay out of the game at that point.

Not sure if I get your point. How would the information be used?

You said you think I analyze things the wrong way and that I am trying to figure out the intent behind Blizzard, and not how I would think about it. It doesnt matter what I think, it matters why Blizzard did it. You kind of said 2 different things in the same paragraph. So do I look at what I think, or look at what Blizzard has a history of doing?

Nope, that’s not what I said at all. I said that’s what you NEED to do, but what you weren’t doing.

And no, I didn’t say 2 different things in the same paragraph, you’re just misreading that.

I dont know how else to put it. I figured it was pretty straight forward that if people knew the it was a balance issue they could look at the differences between the weapons and solve for it.

The artifact weapon being gone when BFA hit should have brought it back, people were even trying to make 2h work in BFA beta and it was shut down. Why would that be? Maybe because they didnt want to balance it? I mean they did say they wanted balance to be easier where all they had to do is turn a couple of knobs and be done with it.