DK Shadowlands Changes...2H Frost! :D

Well, ideally they would restore it to how it was in Wrath, where the bonus is different between 1H and 2H… So if it’s put on a 1H then it boosts by +15% and if you put it on a 2H then it boosts +30%.

But as I said, I am and will continue to be a DH Frost DK, but I don’t begrudge anyone else playing what is fun for them.

Oh don’t get my wrong, they can play with and however they want. want to play with icy talons, obliteration, glacial advance and Horne of winter, by all means go for it. Just don’t expect others to group with you and don’t expect Blizzard to balance around you. In Wrath the dk was still in development. Talents being moved around, things being added, others taken away. The end of wrath was pretty stable though.

I don’t remember at all there being a 2h Razorice that boosted frost damage by 30%. Or fallen crusader. There was a 2h version of other runeforges though.

I feel like it would be easy to have an internal proc chance be based off weapon speed.

2 Likes

It was when the trigger wasn’t based on auto crits. 2h had a higher chance than 1h weapons, it’s just you had 2 1h weapons. So you had around a 20% chance ever 1.3 seconds (before haste) and 2h had a 30% chance every 3.6 seconds before haste.

With it being based off of autos it’s a really, really hard problem to solve unless you just ignore it. If you chance how it procs to be based off of ability uses then it removes the entire problem, though it does add others it just wouldn’t be weapon choice problems.

#removevoidform

1 Like

Or you can just read biceppumps post on the alpha forums.

5 Likes

That would require her to actually do something other than say the logs show this but not post the logs saying we have to go look at them or pointing to one fight way back when…

2 Likes

S/he will not post logs or evidence and got called out with facts. I wouldn’t pay attention to her post.

To more constructive people who are posting just keep posting ideas and other cool stuff might be cool to add into and whatnot.

You do know I was a part of that discussion in another thread right and he just transferred the information there. But his solution is it be based off of auto attacks with crit scaling ppm. So, what it sounds like, though he didn’t really go into it, is that it would proc off of regular auto attacks, and the ppm would scale with your crit… how exactly does that fix the issue. So with the same crit value and it proccing off of autos you still end up with the same problem where dw just has more auto attacks that is able to roll this chance. It’s how it was prior to Legion, but instead of the ppm being based off of base weapon speed, it scales with crit. If he wants to clarify anything he can do it.

Still talking trash huh? Seriously what in the world is wrong with you guys? You have been just trashing me with falsities and even if it were true you just make yourselves look like petty people that can’t move on. It’s getting pretty sad and embarrassing at this point, and you guys wonder why threads get shut down.

Was thinking about how we are getting dnd for all 3 specs. Since we are desecrating the ground we are on it should move with us. This way we can keep its meager dps on our targets.

That is because if it scales off your crit rather than off of the number of autos, it equalizes the number of KM procs. Its not hard to understand.

5 Likes

It scales off of crit now as well as haste. The only thing that changes is that the ppm scales off of crit in his design, where the more crit you have, the higher the chance to proc per auto. So say you have 50% crit giving you just say 50% chance per auto, it’s not fixing the problem because at a base DW has an auto every 1.3 seconds while 2h is every 3.6. It’s not fixing anything.

How can this be solved?
I think KM should work off auto-attacks, with a crit-scaling PPM. The 30/60/90/100 probabilities can then be scaled based on DW/2H to create a system where you see the same amount of procs per minute regardless of weapon.

A crit scaling PPM = it becomes equalized because the number of attacks dealt within X time becomes irrelevant.
It simply means within the time period of 1 minute, once you crit and trigger KM it would be equalized.

It isn’t hard to understand.

This is how it works with many trinkets. They operate under a PPM, and this means that within the 1 minute time period they become equalized because once the proc triggers, the ICD is triggered too.

Right now, one hander gets many more proc opportunities, with biceps suggestions, it being based around the number of attempts doesn’t matter anymore

4 Likes

Trinkets use RPPM, or real procs per minute.

You also have a hard time understanding, “should work off auto attacks” and “crit-scaling ppm” this means the trigger would be auto attacks instead of auto attack crits like it does now, and the chance per auto scales with crit instead of base attack speed. This is simple English stuff and like I said, he can go into more detail.

PPM is a proc chance that is calculated out by using base weapon speed, ppm value, and 1 minute.

This is apparently hard to understand because he gives you the trigger which are auto attacks, and then you say it’s a crit which is exactly what we have now. You auto attack crit, it has a 30% chance to proc KM, if it doesn’t the next crit is 60%, then 90% then 100%. If you keep it based off of autos you are doing nothing.

So you have no idea what you are talking about or even how KM works right now.

Congratulations on saying the exact same thing I did. PPM or RPPM mean the same thing.
The rest of your post is simply nonsense that does not need to be entertained. We are discussing how KM should work, not how it currently works. All you have done is demonstrate your inability to understand what is being stated to you. Given this fact, you’ve established yourself as someone who simply should not be entertained on the class forums. Have a good one.

5 Likes

I wonder if they’ll add back that in back from legion where frost had floating swords from autos that strike additional to the targets.

You mean thronebreaker? I believe that was the initial gold trait you got after acquiring the blades… frost didn’t get an active artifact trait until sindragosa lol.

3 Likes

Thronebreaker was added in 7.2 and made Crystalline Swords always activate when you used Obliterate.

Crystalline Swords was the garbage gold passive you received for getting the blades and I’d rather not see subpar and poorly designed traits come back.

2 Likes

PPM and RPPM are 2 different types of procs. PPM gives you a proc chance to happen per attempt. Take the way KM used to work off of auto attacks. Depending on the expansion the PPM value was slightly different but on average it had a value of 5. Then you would take the base weapon speed, and 60 seconds, to determine the proc chance per auto. 2h was 29.99% and 1h was around 20-21% per auto.

RPPM is real procs per minute. It has built in protections to get you the value it has per minute. So if it has an RPPM of 1 then you get 1 proc per minute.

You should seriously look this stuff up before you say they are the same thing when they aren’t.

You have to first understand how it procs now, to be able to know how to change it for the future. It proccing off of regular auto attacks, while it having a ppm that scales off of crit (proc % per auto) doesnt fix the issue.