DK Shadowlands Changes...2H Frost! :D

And it’s trash, so was it on anyone’s desk to look at up to this point?

You guys really need to open a dictionary and take some reading comprehension classes. So far off the mark it’s just sad at this point.

You have zero business telling anyone on these forums to open a dictionary when you contradicted yourself trying to lecture me about “moving goalposts” which you are continuing to do as we speak.

Just like you are in no position to lecture anyone about the class itself because you don’t even play DK for anything other than WQs and you make idiotic comments that further show how clueless you are, like talking about M+, raiding, and high end arena and comparing it to hitting a target dummy as if that is even remotely comparable.

So are you.

3 Likes

Not worth feeding the troll or getting banned for it as that is her next response is to report people. Just put it on ignoring and you wont have to see the garbage.

3 Likes

It’s not my fault you don’t know what moving the goalposts means. Saying you missed the goal is not the same as moving the goal.

You are doing something called confirmation bias. You are looking for anything and everything even if you have to twist it to confirm your bias. Too bad that you have failed miserably.

One thing is, I did not compare high end content to hitting a target dummy. If you had any reading comprehension then you would have understanded it. In fact, what I said was that it didn’t take high end content to notice what is going on with the core of the spec. Do you have to fight n’zoth to notice that your offhand weapon procs km? Do you have to do rank 1 arena content to nice the base damage is almost identical when you swap weapon sets of the same ilvl? Does it take an m+ 25 to notice that dw gets 2 runeforges which makes it the harder hitting option especially when you have the new km to take into account.

No, you don’t have to do that content. Not only that, but high end content doesn’t even mean you understand something. You can drift good, and not know anything about the car you are driving and it doesn’t take high level drifting to know what is going on. It just shows you have an ability to do something.

Another thing “you probably did” is the same as saying “it’s probably true”. It’s an assumption that something happened. You 5 people hijacked this thread to just insult me and it’s hilarious of how blantantly wrong you are. It’s on the same level of flat earth ears that just yell “second law of thermodynamics” when they don’t understand thermodynamics in the slightest.

Might of the Frozen Waste needs to come back as a passive that applies Razorice and normalizes KM procs for 2h Frost. That’s it. No % modifiers for Obliterate, no extra damage for using a 2h.

Fallen Crusader needs to be a baseline passive as well, otherwise these new runeforges are never going to see play.

3 Likes

Runeforges for 2h should let you combine 2 runes

2 Likes

But how would you normalize km procs with the passive. It’s still entirely based on the amount of auto attack crits you can get in any given minute. Taking the base weapon speed of 3.6 for a 2h, you get less than 20 auto attacks per minute, then those autos have a chance to crit, and those crits have a chance to proc KM.

On the other hand with 1h weapons having a base attack speed of 2.6, and being DW that means you auto attack every 1.3 so it’s a little less than 60 auto attacks per minute which all have a chance to crit and then have a chance to proc KM.

What would MotFW do to normalize this? If you want to normalize it, just make it proc off of ability usage and not auto attack crits. The difference in stats between 2h and DW isn’t some vast chasm. It would be more like Rime which is based off of ability use. What ability that would be, who knows. Make it proc off of FF ticks, but dispels would hurt in pvp. Or just take how obliteration works but give Howling Blast and frost strike a slightly high chance to proc KM. Then you can have obliteration to increase the chance to 100% keeping the talent as is effectively.

If you want to normalize it, base it off of something that is already normalized.

Oh there’s a definitely lot more, I just don’t feel like going through the bloated post count to find them.

Whenever the quotes are shown the only counter they have is “out of context!!!1!!”. Same song and dance for like a year now.

1 Like

I’m super excited for 2h frost. Interested to see how they make it competitive with dual wielding.

They could probably have some binary true/false Functions(or series of) that get invoked based on the player having 2h equipped right?

Even if it’s 2 or 3 percent worse I would still take it tbh. Nothing beats the aesthetic of a 2h frost death knight imo.

Then don’t take things out of context. Pretty simple. When you remove context you can make anyone look like they said anything you want.

Dude, just take the L and move on. It’s getting kind of embarrassing at this point.

I agree, it is embarrassing that so many people can gang up on one person and not be accurate at all.

Here is the question, why did all of you jump in to say anything at all in the first place?

I am what some might call a “filthy casual” but my opinion is that more options for us are great.

Will I be using a 2H on my Frost DK? No.
Do I think the option should be available? Yes.
Do I care about the DPS difference? No.

So yea while I think balancing them to be equal would be ideal, if they aren’t, I don’t really care, use what you find fun and if someone takes issue that you aren’t using their “optimal” build, tell them to bite you.

1 Like

If only the playerbase overall had that thought process. Other people’s time in the game is just as valuable as anyone else’s, and if you are bringing other people down because of your choice it’s not really fair is it? You say bite me, they kick you from the group and find someone else.

That’s the thing about multiplayer games, it’s not just you, or me, or anyone else playing an isolated experience. It’s a group game and that has to be taken into consideration.

Yes, but if they add the option to use 2H to Frost DKs and yet the current disparity where there is a 3-5% higher DPS for those of us who use 2 1H remains, does that make me right to kick any Frost DKs who dare to use a 2H instead of the obviously superior 2 1H fighting style? No, no it doesn’t.

It depends on the level of play. 3-5% in normal doesn’t matter, 3-5% in mythic raids do. We can see it from just what mythic players do to get any and every edge possible. 3-5% on top of other increases they get adds up and the content is balanced with a lot of stuff in mind.

3-5% at this point however is probably way too low of an estimation. You were most likely just throwing a number out there, but people are seeing much higher dps increases just from decent to optimized gear. What happens when that’s the case and you have an option that is just mechanically inferior as well? The gap gets bigger and bigger and bigger.

Actually the 3-5% was taken from someone else above talking about current alpha DPS parses.

So at that point, why even give frost DK the ability to use 2H at all? Why even give us any talent choices? Just lock everyone to the most optimal build and be done with it?

I can only answer for myself, but I saw a false claim and wanted to show why it was false.

I have really no interest in repeating the same arguments, as you may have noticed, so I’m just gonna hang back and correct things when I am able.

1 Like

What false information? The me saying something I never said and the evidence presented isn’t even me saying that thing? Your evidence was about a playstyle split, another was what 2h transmog meant and people were running with the idea that DW was gone (why do you think the thread was someone being sad because 1h weapon transmog options were datamined or released).

So none of these are me saying “2h should never return”. And as you have said countless times, I repeat myself all the time, so it should then relatively easy to find it. What happened to all of your bookmarks?

If you want to play something that is mechanically inferior, by all means knock yourself out. I’m just surprised you guys haven’t started too right now even with the ability pool being so limited just because of the overall hatered of DW that seems so prevalent with about 7 players on the forums.

I don’t know who would even do a parse in terms of dps on the alpha, but almost quadruple the km procs, increased runic power and resource generation, a 15% frost damage increase which boosts almost all frost abilities. 3-5% sounds extremely low.