DK nerfs make the class unplayable

We weren’t “immortal” by any means. I’m in full vers gear and getting blown up in seconds in fights, through my AMS and through my IBF.

The truly immortal classes are DH and any healer, but they aren’t getting nerfed in a significant way.

The amount of gutting nerfs to DK survivability you just did to my class just killed it, and we weren’t even a top performer. Too many people casted their big CD spells into AMS instead of waiting a few seconds for it to fall off and cried that it didn’t kill us in one shot.

We then proceed to die in one shot the moment it falls off.

Edit:

The durability nerfs were not necessary. We have no mobility and our damage is sub par. Being durable is all we had, now we have nothing.

The abomb limb grips were the only way we could stay on a target, now we can’t. And even if we DO get on the target, we don’t have the single target burst to actually do anything meaningful.

It’s literally going to be another season of DK frost support. Just chill streak and chains of ice until the match is over and hope the other DPS can pull their weight.

The sheer audacity of people in these comments to try and name things DK’s have to defend themselves when their own classes have more is just, asinine.

DK’s have been trash in PVP for like 5 years at this point, probably more. We get only somewhat decent for a week and it’s nerf time already. Some of your classes have been fundamentally unfun to play against in PVP for DECADES and you never get touched.

7 Likes

Have you already played with nerfs?

5 Likes

Ehh, before the nerfs DKs we’re pretty immortal, even tankier than DH (which is fine due to less mobility).

The nerfs were very heavy handed though, they may have gone too far but we will see.

1 Like

The nerfs were terribly done. That is why people are mad. Did we need to be nerfed? Yes. In such a stupid way? No.

What I dont understand is, blizzard will leave classes busted OP for a whole season or even whole xpacs, but when DK is A tier we get kicked in the balls the hardest. This is for pvp and pve. I don’t get it.

We still have 2min IBF, Lower CD AMS, still have some mitigation from Necropolis, and the specs are well designed overall imho. However, physical classes are going to nuke us again. WW/War/Hunter/Feral/DH(They nuke everyone) and its not like they haven’t had awesome things added to their kits.

If they don’t want us to survive by healing/absorbing than maybe provide some choices so we can compete against those classes. I would actually prefer it because its disarm and dead anyway. Maybe:

-Buff Unholy Endurance by 10%
-And/or add a dodge mechanic to Unholy Ground: “While you remain in your death and decay you are shrouded by unholy mist and dodge is increased by X. Increases cool down of death and decay by x amount.”
-Or any better thought out active mechanic somebody else comes up with.

The abomb nerf is straight stupid and disgusting.

7 Likes

The nerfs other than to DS were fine. DS nerfs might be overboard, and maybe they could’ve looked at the interactions that amplify it, but we’ll see if they partially roll it back or how it plays out in the coming weeks.

The spam grip was extremely annoying to play against.

5 Likes

you did not just say we were tankier than DH. The literally unkillable gods.

They are the tankiest class in the game, aside from Disc priest.

1 Like

Doing Bgs for the last week having fought a shiit ton of DHs and DKs, yes DKs are tankier than DH. Doesn’t mean DHs don’t need nerfs

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Its supposed to be? lol Somebody must have gotten gripped by Abomb then Double gripped with Echo and overreacted.

Abomb limb was overdue for a nerf in shadowlands. Was mega toxic.

5 Likes

It was too much damage for how much utility it gave, and one aspect should’ve been nerfed like a year ago.

1 Like

Mhm… I think the change was exactly what Abom limb should have been from the start. Abom limb basically stripping every DCD within a square mile was maybe a bit much.

2 Likes

That is an incorrect statement, stop firing your spells into AMS and you’ll notice that DK’s die just fine.

2 Likes

No, they really didn’t. Not into magic, anyways, but that’s kind of meant to be their strength.

After AMS falls off we don’t have that advantage against magic anymore, you know. Literally nothing in our kit reduces damage against magic, it’s just that one spell, and AMZ if it’s talented.

Against physical all we have is a 30% DR from IBF, and that’s a 2 minute CD. Even WITH that we are being bursted. We aren’t durable in the slightest.

3 Likes

Just use one of your 4 hard stops against casters.

Having a spammable cc is hella toxic and deserved to be nerfed tbh. Priests had a similar thing with psyfiend back in MoP that spammed fear for its duration, and that remained untouched for like 2 patches iirc.

It’s never fun to play against.

1 Like

Oh, yes. Sustained physical tears DK apart.

This is just too much. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

dk’s would drop to 20%, go back up to 40% then drop back 20%. repeat this until abom comes back up and win. deserved to be nerfed

1 Like

Name one stop that we have, aside from AMS, that every other melee doesn’t also have?

Because aside from AMS all we have is CC, and the only hard CC that we have is 4 seconds long. One of the shortest hard cc’s in the game right now.

1 Like

The abom nerf just gives me hope they’ll adjust spear as well :grimacing:

1 Like