DK is in a really bad spot noithing on the horizon

I’m not a raider LFR few times a week at best. I have played Wow since beta and so much has changed its not worth rehashing.

However I have played Warrior, Hunter (Survival) Druid (Guardian) Paladin Ret and Prot and they are in every way better than playing a DK in the state they are in. Most noticibly Warrior is exceptionally strong with alot more defensive abilites on easily readied cooldowns. Ignore pain for example. I survive a hell of alot more on any of the specs I mentioned and kill thin gs alot faster and smoother.

I didn’t want to start a thread comparing everything thats wrong with the DK opposed to other mele classes.

I did want to point out to anyone still playing DK and I don’t see alot these days is we need new representation for our class, IE a new DEV who is going to smooth things out and make the class great agian.

233 gear score, I know not high or impressive but any class I play, especially the ones I mentioned, are just smoother eaiser and better in almost every situation.

I have read all the posts and comments about pretty much this topic and here is my Million dollar question.

Why does it take the BIS gear at max ILV and max conduits just to be able to be competitve in any game mode for DK?

The short answer is it should’nt and there are going to be many that argue against my opinion.

The last thing I want to leave you all with is, When Wow was first released, level 60 max, green gear, maybe a blue or 2 if you were lucky and elite mobs with gold or silver circle meant (DANGER WARNING WILL ROBINSON) at least the game was fun.

The original DK class had presense aura for whatever spec you were in etc etc,

With all the changes and long long cool downs compared to other mele, I can’t help but wonder who ordered the DK class to be CAST AWAY.

Have a safe and Happy Thangsgiving everyone.

3 Likes

the DK community mostly. its really hard to overhaul DK without upsetting some significant portion of the DK community.

there are also areas were the devs and the DK community butt heads and dks aren’t the ones in control.

1 Like

This is not true. Could you provide a source of your data?
Start of Shadowlands Unholy was the best dps spec in game until the mastery nerf where it became top 5. It did really well at low ilvl.

Not sure what this has to do with DK’s?

Unholy’s CDs are about 1 minute (apart from army) which is pretty short.

Thanksgiving was over a month ago…
But happy thanksgiving to you too! :turkey:

Dk defense
AMZ 2 min
Icebounf Fort 3 mins
Lichborne 2 mins
Anti magic shell 1 min

Warrior Defense
Ignore pain 12 sec
Shield block 15 sec
Intimidating shout 1.5
Spell reflect 25 sec

just an example of one Dk defense on one min Cd rest longer

4 Likes

Maybe you’re just playing it wrong? I love how DKs play (with the exception of BoS Frost), just wish they had a little bit better damage. And DKs have the best defensives of any melee outside of a straight up immunity.

Those are defensive.
Also, I’m pretty sure some of those are tank specific which is only one of three specs.

Death strike has no cd and is insanely powerful.

We are solo gods for a reason.

You gotta take death strike into account. It’s so good for staying alive.

Warriors really don’t have any heals. Are you even using death strike? I have all melee at max lvl and in open world DK is by far the most survivable dps spec melee to mobs. Just use Deathstrike in place of deathcoil, it really doesn’t hurt your damage that much.

Ummm what?

1 Like

Probably Canadian like me, ours is early October.

Not a great look though, considering the American thanksgiving is the original.

5 Likes

I regularly pull 15+ mobs when I have % based clears in korthia and almost one shot the pull as frost with FWF. Ilvl is 244, so I overgear the content sure.

Also, if you’re killing stuff you’re getting death strike heal procs for a significant portion of hp. Those procs cost no resources either. All 3 specs have access to lichborn and death coiling yourself. Coupled with heavy RP generation were good to go.

As blood, easily solo heal myself regularly on bosses on mythic +10-12.

In SoD DKs can solo tank the stack mechanic on guardian of the first ones with CDs saving a ton of mana and stress on heals.

AMS negates so many effects this xpac it’s absurd. In ToP alone you can AMS or Deaths advance the slow that the souls do, you can AMS lots of the aoe or diseases from the adds, you can IBF the chains on one boss, you can AMS the draw soul on another boss, you can deaths advance to negate the banner slow on the third boss, you can AMS to entirely stop an add from spawning on the last boss if you time it right for every odd cast. You can control undead some of the harder packs or certain inspiring mobs. This is just one dungeon.

Our survival is stupid outside of pvp burst windows, and honestly I’ve felt like this all xpac long. Warriors are tissue, and I rarely see them above mythic +14.

Not to derail this post but Canadian indigenous people celebrated the harvest (thanksgiving) way before European’s came over.

harvest festivals and fall celebrations are common in most cultures.

1 Like

I mained a war from vanilla until wrath and then mained a dk until legion. The class just isn’t as fun as it used to be (for me at least). I miss when dks could tank or dps with every tree. For m+ blood dmg seems low compared to other tanks. Not sure what needs to be done , if anything, to fix dks, but it doesn’t feel like the class that I used to play.

4 Likes

The harvest was a different thing entirely.

Thanksgiving was the European celebration in honor of the help they received from the natives. Without the Europeans there was no thanksgiving
which you slipped on and admit to in your own post. Need to check your deconstructonist education because its not accurate.

Here’s the deal, if you were educated in North America and are 36 and under you were given a bias narrative with a lot of falsehoods sworn in. Hence your confusion on the topic.

8 Likes

If by different you mean the name you are 100% correct.

But that’s like saying artifact power and azerite power are two completely different systems.

Remember the history books were written by Europeans that love nothing more than to toot their own horns.

Knowledge is power.

0/10, because on this subject you didn’t have knowledge.I’m Canadian as well btw.

More on topic, I tried to play my dk after two week hiatus (unholy) and I can’t stand it. Sooo clunky compared to this rogue.

List of suggestions for the devs:

Baseline 1s global all specs.

Buff core abilities for all specs, not pets etc.

Unholy- epidemic and death coil both reduce the CD of dark xform, death and decay. Dark xform 30s cd from 1 minute. DnD 15 s CD from 30s.

Army CD 4 min from 8

Individual rune recharge, baseline 6s from 10.

Apoc damage buffed, big buff.

Unholy blight baked in, Necrotic plague put in UBs slot.

Delete pestilence, worthless talent. Buff Defile.

2 Likes

What if army is talented? Can get it down to a 5 min cd when played well enough

How long until we point out that this requires a shield and usually only Prot has one unless you are leveling (which even then is questionable)? Realistically, Arms and Fury dont have access to this unless they have a shield which 99/100 is never.

On top of that Warriors dont have self heals, I agree Death Strike needs it be reverted but Warriors are entirely based of negation/shielding while we have self-healing on top of that.

Even if you want to point out Defensive Stance for DPS, thats still requires a 10% damage loss on usage --which DK doesnt have.

That sounds terrible tbh. One of the drawing points of DK is the slower playstyle. Not everything needs to be spammy.