DK changes in 10.0.7!

DEATH KNIGHT

Unholy

• Epidemic has swapped places with Unholy Blight within the talent tree.
  • Pestilence implementation has been updated to better reflect the functionality of the tooltip.
  • Rotten Touch duration increased to 10 seconds (was 6 seconds).
  • Runic Mastery now also increases Runic Corruption’s Rune regeneration rate by an additional 10/20%.
  • Commander of the Dead has been updated to always buff your nearby Gargoyle (or Dark Arbiter) and Army of the Dead Ghouls for 30 seconds after using Dark Transformation.

Developers’ note: The previous implementation of Commander of the Dead had too many edge cases where it would not always buff your minions or the window was too tight and created less than ideal rotational impact. We have instead updated it to be an aura around the Death Knight for the duration that will always buff their Gargoyle or Army of the Dead ghoul regardless of when they were spawned in after Dark Transformation was used.

Developers’ note: There are additional changes for Unholy Death Knights coming in future 10.0.7 PTR builds that aim to address some quality of life concerns and underperforming talents.

Frost

• Maybe in another universe.

At this point I’m 90% sure that blizzard forgot that they have another DK specialization besides Unholy and Blood, It is hilarious man.

“There are additional changes for Frost Death Knights coming in future 10.0.7 PTR builds” if only blizzard said something like this, but man FROST IS SO F NEGLECTED, like the middle child of this 3 spec brothers.

PS. Epidemic and Unhoy Blight swap? That is an extremely awful change for PVP. Nothing good from this post lmao

31 Likes

Yeah this is definitely a bit out of left field. Awkward change.

9 Likes

I have hope that they have some changes cooking since they updated Runic Mastery which is a shared talent with Frost. But then again, I had hope about some sort of change since September but we have not even gotten one. Hopefully they address some of our PvP issues but I do not think that is likely.

3 Likes

Holy f can they stop wanking off unholy and introduce some helpful frost changes for once

27 Likes

At this point I’m convinced that 1 of 2 scenarios is happening.

1. Blizzard actually forgot Frost exists

2. They’re pulling the same crap they did in WoD with Demo and Survival by letting the spec slowly become nonviable rotten garbage in hopes that everyone stops playing it so the least amount of people are mad when they completely redesign it.

12 Likes

I won’t mind a rework, but I don’t feel like is needed more than just some tweaks like they did to Druids or the upcoming Paladin thing, but all we have is dead silence from Devs

1 Like

I think a rework is needed at this point. The spec has been bandaid fixed for the better part of a decade at this point and the elephants in the room are Obliteration and BoS which are at total odds with each other. The spec as a whole cant grow or even function properly while both of those remain in their current states.

1 Like

Its the best possible change, no more having 0 aoe with the ST build.

Was talking about from a pvp perspective, throws things off a bit for us.

2 Likes

big W for commander build, unholy blight being moved sucks for the pvp perspective. Please for the love of god increase the duration of virulent plague. It is lousy game play to reapply dots every 5 globals.

7 Likes

Do people really think they “forgot” a spec that has been in the game for years and they just worked on building the talent tree a few months ago even making some changes to it in the beta? There is no way.

Anything over a +20 is for the challenge, and in mythic raids Frost was only 3% behind the top performer and is slightly ahead of Unholy overall the last i checked. Blizzard looking at these facts arent inclined to do any reworks or even do any balance stuff when its performing well.

Yes. Also this is a pvp thread.

Look up ions response to being asked why demo locks were underperforming in word. He literally said blizz just doesn’t want people playing that spec.

Not a difficult thing to imagine they’re doing the same thing with frost.

6 Likes

Well, its not, just some people in it talking about pvp implications for unholy.

Its actually a thread about Frost having no changes on datamined information that people know isnt complete in the first place.

Look up why he didnt want people playing Demo in WoD. It wasnt because they forgot about it or just didnt like the spec.

2 Likes

You’re delusional

9 Likes

Your on ignore

Citation needed*
Were you looking at this expansion?

Below is more recent parsing info

2 Likes

How have you not been permabanned yet?

7 Likes

I’d argue the opposite if you consider Frost DKs were Meta the last expansion in almost all situations except pure single target. I get frustrations with new content but Unholy definitely needed some love this expansion. Although its a lot it’s appreciated since I find it a more enjoyable build to play :relieved:

Why dont you look at mythic 90th instead of looking at heroic and actually post warcraft logs instead of reddit.

Because ive done nothing to be permabanned for.

1 Like