Dissapointed

The root cause of this massive outcry is the oversight of server capacity on a non-retail server.

The technology for 2019 allows for Blizzard to have big servers. Big populations. Cool beans.

Problem is, this is a Vanilla version of WoW. One without CRZ, without Sharding. Layering is gone. No teleports to dungeons or BGs.

What does this mean? The world is alive. People need to travel to their destinations.

But,

Now you have these increased capacities on Vanilla maps and zones. All of those people crammed into those zones designed with a Vanilla population in mind.

Itā€™s against the original design of the maps and PvP, and thus we have this result.

2 Likes

While I hate to suggest re-rolling to you again, might I (sincerely) say that you sound like you may be happier on a Normal server. On a Normal server, PVP flags in Contested zones are off by default, although you can flag up if you want to.

I say this because you mention how frustrated you are at not being able to pay attention to the story. This is the kind of thing that a Normal server would offer you. And when youā€™re ready to PVP, you can simply enter a battleground.

1 Like

im an fps player. sorry that having an even fight with equal amounts of enemy players is too intimidating for your tab target brain. but hey, horde taking an even fight? lmao nah

2 Likes

Like 1v15 is fair lol. My response to you, ā€œGet gud.ā€.

1 Like

i see. thank you for the insight.

I meant ā€œGet Goodā€ at grammar.
We all donā€™t need to read your wall of terrible text. We get itā€¦
The game has an obvious major problem right now.

All true statements and youā€™re ignoring one of them thatā€™s the biggest problemā€¦

Poor alliance attitude toward PVP by PLAYERS who selected PVP servers knowing full well what that means.

I have no problem with it, I am horribly outnumbered and get caught by massive zergs but I am still having fun.

I have even more fun when my guild does a little PVP on the way down to Molten Core or Ony for raid night; we clear thorium point, searing gorge, black rock mountain and everything thatā€™s RED is dead.

Trouble is, the rest of the time Alliance are sitting in Iron Forge doing nothing OR looking for X,Y, Z group to farm ā€œBiS Lootā€ā€¦

Why the hell does everyone need BiS loot for Raid?? Seriously, this is 1.12, itā€™s cake itā€™s EZ mode you do not need BiS loot for Molten core, never really did in the first place but itā€™s even less needed in 1.12 wow.

To make that even more ridiculous,ā€¦ They will Min-Max the hell out of PVE but on a PVP server put almost zero effort into PVP gear or PVP oriented buildsā€¦ Hell they donā€™t even need to be the ostensible cookie cutter build, but a PVE build simply is not gonna cut it in PVP and never did work out in PVP in vanilla (unless everyone on your server was horrible)ā€¦

I sure as heck know you were not going to get away with a PVE build and Leather in place of Plate (warriors / Ret) for PVPā€¦ Just does not work out because you will get destroyed.

BUT alliance being alliance only think PVE and when it comes to PVP they put in 1/10th the effort and then QQ when they get stomped.

1 Like

to be fair i read all of this lol

your on a pvp server when any player of the enemy faction can gank you any where and any time.

go back to your fps games if you dont like the pvp.

yeah but faerlina is also better tha fairbanks and lots of other non steamer servers i also have toons on. your point exactly?

OP never said he didnt like PVP. He doesnt enjoy how 20 Horde camp 1 Alliance playerā€™s body. If you call that pvp, then that is pathetic. Its a massacre, not PVP, what is happening on most servers.

3 Likes

pvp happened on a pvp server if you cant handle it re roll on a pve server or go back to retail.

1 Like

I agree with thisā€¦ BUUUUTā€¦

Yeah dude, this is the only thing I see the horde spam; even as they die. Itā€™s super pathetic and I would never wish that on anyone.

then go play another game and quit.

you chose where to play.

Maybe play fps games then?

1 Like

I am not the one complaining here, I am pointing out that alliance have a garbage attitude and put forth NO EFFORT for PVP use where as theyā€™re hyper min-max oriented for PVEā€¦

Thatā€™s only one of their problems, but in MOST situations itā€™s an cultural problem of the alliance not always the numbers of players.

i completely agree with what you are saying and i actually think all the streamers quitting is kind of good because people who want to follow you around all day and give away their gold arent going to be anything substantial out in the world. got get me wrong i love pvp. when phase 2 first released it was very exciting for me because i play shooting games. i defended feathermoon as a lvl 46 and killed tons of 60s pretty much myself. So i dont want to be on a pve server. I just dont want to have to corpse walk everywhere and be camped in the mystic ward lol

Meanwhile I farm those same mobs, as alliance on the same server, helped clear out black rock mtn and held the horde out of the instance for over an hour just after the tomb choke point with ten people, and made like 4k honor yesterday, while helping clear Menethil off and on all evening. The horde finally wouldnā€™t even get off the boat.

How do we have such different experiences on Fairbanks?

This isnt an RPG btw. This is a pvp game. Go play skyrim or some other boring single player game where you can do nothing all day long.

thats very true. alli want to go play with faeries and mermaid and horde want to destroy people in pvp lol