Dispel Adjustment

I agree, nothing will ever stop dispels. However reducing it to create some kind of RNG factor will definitely limit it, and save the lucky people who dont get randomly targetted. In addition to all of this, as per the scenarios above, doing this change will virtually completely eliminate major city dispels. Breaking addons so that one cannot see enemy buffs without detect magic will ensure this.

It wouldn’t. It might funnel the majority of them to portal rooms and inns though. Auras are reapplied at zone in. So things like long distance hearths/portals cause auras to reapply and that can be seen by the combat log. To prevent that, Blizz would have to remove buffs from the combat log entirely. Which I dont think they will do, as it is totally legitimate to see someone applying a spell in pvp and then dispel it.

Out of 100 people entering a major city via port/inn, there would be less than 15% of them have dispellable wbuffs. Again, i agree with you that such a change will never change the dispel meta, however limiting it from an intended game mechanic i feel is a good compromise.

As for what you mentioned about blizzard changing the log entirely, i agree with you that blizzard is unlikely to do it. However as we have both probably witnessed over the last 12 months of Classic, they have done a lot of things which are “some changes”. These are especially true if the community have a loud enough voice.

This is pretty much how it works already.

1 Like

incorrect, currently dispellers have a WA/addon to show enemy buffs above their head.

Sure it’s of common use, but most drekheads I know that partake in this avenue of play dont use WA or know how to import strings into it

Every night on my server there are several priests sitting around in the main city dispelling, there is no way they can target people randomly with buffs without such an addon, when they are surrounded by hundreds of others.

I honestly think you are giving too much credit to the savvy of these types of players. It really isn’t that hard to tell who has what when you see how and when they log in and out.

Please dont misunderstand me, I do know the method you describe is widely used. But there is a randomness to their actions believe it or not. It’s why they get so excited over the act, they got “lucky”

I fixed it for you.

World buff dispelling is not the only thing that this nonvanilla-like buff mechanic affects.

One example of this as a warlock is whether I have an invisible succubus close by or if i have demonic sacrifice up. Currently addons will give that information away by broadcasting my buffs to the enemy. They should be uncertain until my succubus is revealed or by observing if I DS.

If the goal is to have classic more similar to vanilla, this should be fixed.

3 Likes

With your attitude and talk, you wouldn’t last a day in the real Vanilla WoW.

FFS, I don’t think you even play classic for all that matters.

ok lets look at what you say needs to be fixed

sounds like you have a class feature that is easily detectable. thats unfortunate bro. doesnt mean they should change the game though.

dude what do you care, you have an alt dedicated to summoning around the world to avoid pvp and save your buffs. I hope you never raid with buffs again

that is correct, i do have summons for all my wbuffs, however this isnt just about me, this is about the game and community.

would hurt wpvp though.

If you think anything is ‘toxic’ on a pvp server, you should never have rolled on a pvp server to begin with. You belong on PVE.

Doesn’t have anything to do with weak auras. My luna UI shows buffs w/o any weak auras.

Resorting to personal attacks is a poor argument. To re-iterate, I am completely okay with dispels. What should be broken though is the ability to see enemy buffs without detect magic. If you have something to discuss about that then that would be more relevant post to this thread.

1 Like

Correct. Because its just hooking into Blizz API for auras. Many addons can do this. One of the most popular being Classic Aura Durations. Its off by default but just ticking a box in the options shows it

The fact that you think it was a ‘personal attack’ is just further proof you chose the wrong server type.