Dishonorable Kills Need to be in Phase 3; not Phase 2

We are getting whatever blizzard decides to put in the game.

1 Like

Authenticly it will start when blizzard wants it to start.

DHKs existed for the vast majority of the game in which the Honor System was in place. So it would not be just “as” authentic. Delaying them until Phase 3 matches the Vanilla timeline precisely, which is about as authentic as you can get.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be a problem if that’s how they chose to deliver the systems. The problem is that they have explicitly said they aren’t doing it, and to change that now would require vast sweeping changes across the game to satisfy all of the petty differences that people would demand. This is only raising one topic and has less of a following than Unarmored Mounts…

That is why I put it in air quotes… I was pointing out that people have already pushed the developers to change the Classic Content Progression in a positive direction for positive reasons…

DKs in at the Honor System launch will have a negative impact on the game for the people who wish to PvP. It is additionally a change from the authentic experience. One that can be corrected by pushing DKs to P3.

People who dont like WPvP can roll on a PvE server. I expect all of my alts to get killed repeatedly. What I dont want is for people to not WPvP for fear of getting DKs in a time frame where DKs should not exist. I am advocating for something that is going to cause me grief… because it is authentic…

1 Like

They are not following the vanilla timeline. What part of this don’t you get.

Don’t like it. Tough. Play my little pony.

Except you called it “system” when it’s content, and they’ve agreed to progressive content release, not progressive systems.

1 Like

Wrong seriously… I cannot believe you actually typed that out…

This is NOT a petty difference… it is an important one for a very LARGE community of players.

1 Like

blizzard is already making the game this way so all other ideas are wrong

3 Likes

Your own little pet argument is not the only little pet argument. Less navel gazing would tell you that.

It’s one of a whole laundry list of petty differences that Blizzard has already stated they’re not supporting.

I love it when people suddenly decide they know how Blizzard’s code is written.

We don’t know what would be different and what would not be difficult. You are just making that up to bolster your point.

Just be consistent and stick with the Wall of No strategy.

2 Likes

Four weeks from Release? You damn straight better believe it.

Except ideas people like… such as layering, progressive itemization (sorta) and more content phases then what was planned…

lol yeah thats what i thought

1 Like

OP is correct. Dishonorable kills weren’t added until BGs. There’s really no argument here. So they shouldn’t be until Phase 3 in Classic.

4 Likes

Never said anything about code. I said if they change to progressive systems release then it would make massive changes across the board. Because you know this wouldn’t be the only thing that people demand.

Never give in to terrorists or users with a pet feature.

DKs being moved from P2 to P3 is

1. Months a way
  2. Literally the easiest change they could make to the current build…

I’m confused, you do know that killing other players, killng flightmasters etc. did not cause DK, DK was from killing townsfolk like the little kids etc.

1 Like

Progressive system release demands that Unarmored Mounts are in the game for CP1. And that Korrak is in AV for CP3 and 4. And that talent tress change every content patch.

Just because you’re self centered, doesn’t mean that there aren’t a thousand different pet features waiting to jump on any perceived slippery slope.

1 Like

“A pet feature”? This entire project is a pet feature. I mean, you want me to believe that the guys who are so deep in the Classic code that they will have fixed 100s of bugs between now and the launch are incapable of turning off DHKs until Phase 3? Really?

The point is that Blizzard has listened to the community in the past and made changes to accommodate them. The OP in this post is making a request, one that IMPROVES AUTHENTICITY, and all you can do is parrot the “Wall of No” meme wherein Blizz said “No” one day and now that means forever so quit asking.

Guess what? Blizz reads posts and sometimes changes their minds. Why are you personally so invested in pretending to speak for Blizzard in this particular thread?

2 Likes