Dishonorable Kills Need to be in Phase 3; not Phase 2

what op is saying is that dishonorable kills negatively impact your progression in world pvp. dishonorable kills didnt exist until after world pvp had been made less important with the release of battlegrounds. the fact that its going to be released a certain way is irrelevant.

2 Likes

I love the mental gymnastics “#nochanges” people use to justify the changes they like or dont care about…

CHANGES to the EXPERIENCE are just as important as changes to the system.

Honor System was played without DKs…
DKs are just like phased loot table content.

DKs affect an ingame currency system that is pushed to a specific content delivery system later in the game. To CHANGE how that currency is affected changes the the original experience of the content.

I’ve suggested delaying DHKs to Phase 3 before.

Request never gets traction.

2 Likes

I don’t care about #NOCHANGES. I don’t do any mental gymnastics.

The line between systems and content is not always so clear-cut

2 Likes

I agree. The line is made up, it is not a universal thing. So someone just decides where it is. And it has been decided by the only authority for this project. Thanks for participating.

In this situation, it’s completely sharp edged.

Battlegrounds are content, the Honor System is systems. DHKs are part of the Honor System, so they’re delivered when the Honor System is delivered.

1 Like

DHKs should not be in classic period.

3 Likes

You mean the authority that listened to community input and made changes to their systems and content as a result? That authority?

1 Like

That already started with 4 phases before the community complained about how the CONTENT of DM would KILL the Raiding “System” cough content cough

Yea those authorities…

There is still time to get DKs pushed to P3 with the BGs where DKs BELONG!!!

There was a deafening roar of layering posts that snuffed out any other issues.

Now we can move on to this. Lets make it happen. #DKs4P3

1 Like

Authenticity dictates that they start in Phase 3, when BGs are released, and then persist until the TBC pre-patch

1 Like

Talk about gymnastics. Whoo!

TBH I do not care about strict authenticity. DHKs were a horribly flawed mechanic that were a net negative to the game.

2 Likes

… Raiding Content… sigh

Next you’ll be asking for Korrak in CP3 and removed in CP5. :wink:

Understood, but “authenticity” is the only reliable guide post for what goes into Classic or not, without the entire process devolving into a popularity contest for every change.

1 Like

This is true… the biggest flaw being everyone in the group gets the DK even if they did not tag the NPC… however they were put in the game to lessen the occurrences of people killing opposite faction quest NPCs… This was a big problem and DKs were in the game before making the quest givers unkillable.

If there are no DKs then quest givers need to be unkillable…

but that is a conversation for Classic +

2 Likes

It is just as authentic to not have them in the game as it is to have them in the game.

1 Like

We’re getting 1.12. Not a franken-patch.

Guess what.

Vanilla isn’t classic. We’ve known this for the last 6 months. The way they are working the systems are also not the same.

Get over it.

I’m not expecting 100% patch-level authenticity for Classic because that’s unrealistic, but there is a world in which relatively straightforward requests can be met if they increase the authenticity of this project.

If they came out and said “8 debuff limit in Phase 1” and “no DHKs until Phase 3”, why is that a problem for anyone?

Sometimes I think people just get a big stiffie for saying “No” on public forums even for requests that are perfectly reasonable.

2 Likes