Discoverer's Delight and Nightmare Incursions Adjustments Coming - Week of 4/8

We have till monday to get 7+k exp per NI quest turn in boys and girls, they will likely only give 4-5k after the change.

Abuse early abuse often!

3 Likes

The NI exp will be going down even with the buff.

Basically everything else will be better, NI will be worse.

Remove the 3% exp buff and make it a reusable trail snacks. Sleep in it for 1 minute and get 6-8 bars rested exp. No longer useable by allies.

4 Likes

i love how you nerf the gold from the quests after the dmg has already been done, and gold inequality has been acheived. Now ppl that didnt do incursion day 1 get completely screwed. Everyone around me didnt have work/ family to deal with and got rich while im stuck behind on gold by alot.

2 Likes

Dude. Just leave it as is at this point. The damage has been done. Just up the buff to 100% again and have it not work in the portal.

Fixed.

Cool, I can’t play this weekend so I guess I just miss out on the boost… I interpret this change as

If you are not willing to drop everything in your life to play our game when we want, don't bother.

Message received :+1:

5 Likes

i was til pacifist runs became meta

Having been in maintenance fields all my life I can’t imagine how nice it would be to have a situation where you can go home all weekend while what you’re responsible for is broken. Is blizz really hurting that bad they can’t sacrifice for some OT ? I remember when I was an engineer on salary at Lockheed anyone on salary that went over 40 hours got PTO instead of OT, safe to say we took every chance we could to get OT when things were hurting. Made sense too because we worked when things were the most broken and then took our time off when things were smooth, perhaps bring the idea up to your superiors, your player base would be a lot less disgruntled with you guys to focus when needed.

2 Likes

So not only have the people who played on Thursday been given a massive push forward, but the people who play this weekend are ALSO benefiting, and the door gets slammed shut on everyone come Monday.

I am so done with this petty, short-sighted game development cycle.

3 Likes

Thanks for addressing the current gulf in optional leveling. I really liked my first few runs of emerald nightmare before we figured out the optimal exp/hour and turned ourselves into leveling drones. Now that I’ve got my honored rep im gonna go do dungeons with my friends to get other gear and prep for raid on the way to 50.

Some of us are still enjoying SoD Aggrend, thanks to you and your team for making it!

you’re missing the point entirely. the first day of a phase isn’t meant to be a massive boost to anyone playing during that time lmfao… that was obviously a huge error that they have yet to correct. All they had to do was a 12 hour roll-back and everything would be fixed.

1 Like

precisely this. it’s like they’re making it worse each phase on purpose. that makes no sense but that’s what they’re doing. Do retail designers only know how to make things worse??

3 Likes

exactly. instead of making leveling more engaging or fun they just boost the XP so you have to spend less time doing it. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s also not fixing the core problem and just causes more problems.

this is the same way they ruined retail leveling, by trying to speed people through it like they’re a rocket on rails instead of having actual content that people want to spend their time doing. Once you’re done, you feel nothing about that character because all you did was watch XP bar shoot up.

3 Likes

That’s a big yikes.

6 Likes

I second this. They said the main character in SoD/Classic is Azeroth, but so far we’ve done everything BUT explore Azeroth… P1 was the best for this despite most of the world being off limits due to low level. How do they do a complete 180 on that and go back to making retail garbage in P2 and even worse in P3?

2 Likes

So ALL the people that took advantage are being rewarded. For those that could not devote all this time at launch, are missing out.

When you make mistakes like this in a business, you don’t go BACK and take away. You just run with it. Just like taking out the gold. I agree it was a lot, but when you close something after many many have used it, you are robbing the players that weren’t there. And NO. It was not exploiting. This was 100% new content, so players thought it was part of the plan.

You guys do NOT know how to handle what you perceive as mistakes. Really bad business decisions.

Did it affect me? No I got my one toon to lvl 50 in record time (for me). You should have left this in place for everyone, including the gold.

2 Likes

I’d really just like to be able to trade and use the AH and mailbox, that’d be lovely. Been restricted since yesterday, didn’t do anything wrong. Very frustrating

Good changes, will hopefully make the nightmares encouraged to properly finish and reward other methods of levelling

Probably would have been better to say oh create a new zone with quests a dungeon like Hyjal. New loot and rewards again example a weapon for each class behind a quest chain that can pose a challenge if the player want’s it they can earn it for max level. Some new battlegrounds would have been nice for the pvp community I mean so many ideas here.

Youre game is broken for a lot of players, not dungeon loot being dropped. trade, mail ahrestricted.