Discoverer's Delight and Nightmare Incursions Adjustments Coming - Week of 4/8

Nightmare Incursions should have been a daily quest system.

14 Likes

Yep!

I’d have made it so the initial quest you do to kill the demons on the ‘normal side’ of the Portal awards you a ‘Mission Pack’ that contains 5 (or so) of the Missions you get now. Make them all Daily, but shareable.

This way you keep the group option, while limiting the maximum number you can do in a day. – There’s what…15 (??) total Missions. So that’s 15 quests you could do a day for ~7k (based on what I get from Ashenvale’s Missions).

so true…I think blizz just wants the data at this point they don’t gaf about anything being remotely a grind. They think everyone loves them but its kind of like do you want to bat with a wooden bat or a metal bat even though everyone else’s is using the metal bats.
Do we like it no…do we want to level fast yes

1 Like

Nothing is going to happen. Get it out of your head and just move along. It’s a video game.

Yall acting like they stole your livelyhood.

I legitimately can’t believe you’re complaining about this. If it’s not one thing, it’s always another. People have, and ALWAYS WILL spam dungeons for xp, regardless of which buffs exist.

This community is so toxic.

1 Like

Excursions at 50 SUCK.
Way too many mobs in the feralas zone.
75 rep per quest is not enough.
If you don’t have people to play with, you absolutely cannot do them solo.

3 Likes

Level 25 incursions are very difficult, group of 5 barely made it inside the portal. There’s not many people doing it either.

1 Like

Wonder how many peoples subs it costs to just adamantly refuse to own a screw up?

Because owning mistakes means you might take steps to prevent it in the future.

Calling incursions a victory on twitter means you don’t think it was a mistake to invalidate peoples efforts in an MMO.

Which is fine, your opinion and 95% of my former guild would agree with you, so I recognize I am in the minority.

I personally have too much self-respect to keep playing if that is how the company feels about its customers.

7 Likes

If your waiting for Blizzard dev’s not to be conceited and entitled. Your going to be waiting a long time man.

5 Likes

O trust me I ain’t waiting.

Already put in an appeal to try and get my gametime back.

Not going to get it, but need to get SOME entertainment value out of the remaining month of money wasted.

1 Like

This is pretty lame to make a change like this 5 days after it went live. Just leave it as is and start doing a PTR before releasing new stuff that is just data-mined anyway…

Yup. Bad designers will always be bad designers. This is a lot of retail game design and it’s really showing its head. The quest design was totally silithius, but the rewards are just outragious.

Doesn’t help its all incredibly buggy. SOD really needs to just start doing PTRs. The “discovery” stuff only lasts a day or two as most

3 Likes

Seriously? You already broke the economy with some players realizing what was happening and making 100s of gold while the rest of the players didn’t, so consumables are gonna skyrocket and everyone who didn’t abuse the opportunity will go broke or just not go all in for raiding and PVP.

And now you double down by basically making the leveling process harder for the people who literally would already take the most time to level, while the try hard will be already running Sunken Temple while rolling in gold.

This is basically just profiting the most hardcore try hard players, like every single time you don’t even take a second to test your game.

This happens every time you release something. PTR, NOW.

7 Likes

the good news is its basically unplayable at this point if you’re Horde because the worthless alliance 50s camping both sides of the portal on every layer. But at least we have mega servers, right?

As much as I enjoy already being level 50, I now understand why there was a hard limit to 20 daily quests in TBC.

It should have been dailies probably, that would have unlocked more quests once you hit the reputation thresholds. Like the Molten Front in Cataclysm.

I also think we need a dungeon daily quest to encourage people to run dungeons. I know that daily was tbc and not classic, but it gave people a thing to do.

3 Likes

Just stop. Please just stop. You ruin the balance of our economy when you do stupid things like this. The hotfix for reducing gold made it so everyone who got on early gets a free epic mount, and a huge inflation to their personal wealth while the rest of us got screwed.

Now you want to ruin how the quest XP works? How about just… leave it alone? Why don’t you just fix the broken quests first. The Egg and Dreamengine are impossible to loot even after relogging in certain layers. Also guess what, maybe people would happily do the kill quests if you made it so that they spawned more often and/or had shared tags? Hard for people to do a kill quest when the stuff that they need to kill is already dead. No DUH they focused on the pick up quests instead.

5 Likes

Since when did classic wow casuals care about falling behind? Theyre constantly falling behind in raid performance so maybe the next patch should normalise everyones damage.

Agreed that incursions should never have been implemented in the first place though.

And… I’m done.

Way to ruin SoD, it’s beyond recoverable at this point. May as well just update the graphics to retail and call it retail+

Good job on ruining what could’ve been good.
P1 = Awesome, new, different
P2 = Rushed, no content, boring
P3 = Uninstall

6 Likes

losing motivation because the sod team doesnt seem to understand why people play vanilla. losing energy because blizzard doesnt do any testing or remove gold from exploits. the world is smaller, dailies are added, many ppl will have epic mounts on the first day of p4. it was fun to watch the poopshow of sod, but now its getting tiring. u guys need to shun the retail dev mindsets and get some vanilla lovers on the dev squad.

5 Likes

Good, please leave

1 Like