Hey all,
Playing a little catch up so I don’t have a lot of information yet. This had been reported earlier and is actively being looked into.
I don’t know if it is on our side or not, I’m not seeing anything that indicates that so far, but I’m keeping an eye on it for any updates. If I get anything I can pass along I will post that here.
Appreciate the update Vrakthris, there are a lot of angry panicked posts on the forums on the topic…it’s been since about half past ten eastern last night.
2nd post and thank you - on my one remote day this week ofc this happens!
Might not be Southeast US only? I was getting DCed last night from Western Canada. Have not tried today.
I’m from Brazil, and I started experiencing this issue today. I’m getting a lot of random disconnects, and sometimes my ping also spikes really high before going back to normal. I tried using a free VPN, but it didn’t fix the problem.
So I gathered by the creation times on some of these posts, started a couple of hours after I left for the night. 
Usually if we have a lot of drops the folks here get the lights and sirens to indicate that. There doesn’t seem to be any obvious drops that we’re seeing, from what I gather of all the tech talk so far, but they are poking around.
Its not. Friends in AZ with exact same issue
What I’ve collected on the issue since about 5am EDT this morning is the following.
It’s affecting multiple ISP’s in the South East US.
Google Fiber
AT&T Fiber
Spectrum
XFinity
I’ve seen users report it in FL (lots), GA, NC, TN, KY, AL, and LA.
However, it doesn’t seem to be affecting all ISP’s in this region. Some people have successfully used their hotspot on their phone to connect, and I have personally been able to work around it using a VPN provider on both their Miami, FL and Atlanta, GA exit nodes.
That’s all the facts I’ve gathered. I’m personally in Central Florida on AT&T Fiber, and am currently routing all my Blizzard traffic through Mullvad VPN in Atlanta, GA.
I’m going to remove the southeast part of my post since obviously a lot of you are from other areas, so that initial report isn’t accurate. Thanks for the data, everyone!
From feedback it appears to be across ISP’s and unique to only the game. I am able to use all other web services.
I am in Atlanta GA and I am unable to log in - AT&T as well.
If the problem is found to be on Blizzards end are you going to roll back all the deaths caused by this issue? Im betting no but just wanted to throw it out there
This kind of makes sense. South America’s main internet gateway to North America is through Miami, FL. So you’re coming straight into one of the most represented regions having the issue.
This is also getting some of us in SoCal and Mexico. Bunch of us in Socal can’t play since last night and we play on West coast servers.
Throwing some info if it helps.
connected from FL, attempted to change routes using cell service, starlink and using spectrum. Having same problem.
Login, loads fine, see mobs, move around, jump, interact causes UI to fire but nothing happens and then a pause of about 10-15 seconds and latency that just shoots up to the 1000 on both home and world.
Hey Vrakthris these boys on Reddit have been tracking it since its started at 11:30PM EST last night. many people believe the issue is related to one from a year ago. Hope this helps
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1ji07h3/isp_is_routing_wow_traffic_through_the_us_causing/
Yea similar. In a few instances I could play until I interacted with something or performed an action/attempted to hearth. A few other times it wouldnt even let me in. Is occurring on classic and retail
That reddit post which I saw earlier is from a year ago.
Same here in SoCal, im getting bit upset everyone is only saying southeast US.