Disconnection Issue - WOW51900319 - Only when DragonFlying

Hello,

I have been having some disconnection issues whilst Dragonflying in Dragonflight contents.

When I mount on my Dragonflying mount, I will randomly get disconnected, This happens in every area(Dragon Lands), and can happen quickly or sometimes it takes a little while but eventually will happen.
It even happens in Nokhud Offensive.

It does not happen if I use Blizzards in game flight path birds.
It does not happen if I’m flying normal flying mounts in Azeroth or other contents.
I can ground mount and run to destinations, however, soon as I start flying & its almost as if the Blue Fast movement speed is the cause. However, I cant 100% say that it would be the cause.
It didn’t happen when I levelled to 70. And I did 2 Characters. (My Alt didn’t have any issue until I was 70 doing dungeons flying over to them getting dc ect.)

It typically looks like this ; I fly to a WQ from Vak - Disconnect along the way, reconnect and get to the WQ destination. Finish WQ, fly to another Spot, Disconnect along the way, Reconnect and am able to proceed.

My hardware;
RTX 4090
Intel 13th Gen i9
64Gb ram
Windows 11 Pro
Internet - FTTP - Ping in game - 13/14ms - Using ethernet Cable.

I have updated all drivers and Graphics settings.
I have done a scan and repair.
I have turned off and computer on.
I have reset internet / modem.
I have deleted WTF Folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

17 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue, even redownloaded WoW just in case in addition to everything you’ve done. Just random disconnects when dragonriding, and not when hitting terrain as I’ve seen folks posting about on here.

1 Like

During todays play time from 12.30pm ST to 5pm ST - I had only 1 disconnect whilst flying around.

Ive jumped on now at 8.55 ST and have had 2 in the space of 5 mins. I have run a WINMTR during the replication of the 2 disconnects tonight.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.1.1 -    0 |  308 |  308 |    1 |    2 |    6 |    3 |
|   gateway.qb01.brisbane.asp.telstra.net -    0 |  308 |  308 |    2 |    6 |   74 |    5 |
|    ae10.woo-ice301.brisbane.telstra.net -    0 |  308 |  308 |    2 |    7 |   45 |    4 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   63 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   63 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Update, early morning, no disconnects, seems like a population issue?

I’m getting the same disconnected error but it always happens when I mount my dragon and doubletap spacebar to start flying. It happens at random times

16 Likes

This just happened to me and now I cannot log into the character I was playing it auto crashes now.

11 Likes

I also experienced this a few times only when dragon riding. Just disconnects and i come back in. Not latency or other odd behavior. Very Weird.

2 Likes

seems to be a pretty common issue?

Their servers are not coping, its a real issue, and when events are up its a lot worse, I get major lag and get DCed constantly only in DF, I can log onto lower toons with no issue, its become upsetting, to be honest, I have made a thread asking for a refund on game time as this should not be happening in a live game that we paying to play but can’t because of issues on their end.

4 Likes

I’ll fly to an ore node and at certain points when I land it will just dc. When I log back in, I’m dead for no apparent reason. Did it again. Flew into a corner where an ore vein was. Same thing. Not sure if it’s happening to anyone else.

2 Likes

I’m getting the same random disconnects. It will log back in momentarily and then disconnect again. It’s happening a lot and is pretty obnoxious.

3 Likes

This is happening to me as well, quite often. Every day, maybe once every 5 mins or less.

1 Like

This is what happens to me and I noticed it is more frequent if I am near a rock or some other object. Happened to me twice in about 10 minutes just a little while ago

3 Likes

It’s tied to their poorly designed anti-bot/flyhack code. The game thinks you’re out of bounds and bam. Disconnect. It’s ridiculous.

Happens to me as well when I double tap spacebar to fly, more frequently since the last maintenance.

2 Likes

Went to take off last night on my Drake and just dc’d with that code. 3min later happened to my wife. She turned and looked at me like I did it. lol

This, right there. I mount, double tap space bar, freeze and poof. Disconnect.

4 Likes

I am having this same annoying problem. Great expansion so far, but yeah… this sucks.

2 Likes

Same issue here as of today. Can’t even log back in. it’s disconnecting me everytime

3 Likes

Seems to be when you’re on the dragon mount and land in a spot that you shouldn’t be able to fit. Had it happen the 2nd time and every time I would log back in would immediately be disconnected. After waiting about 5 min to log in, I could get back in and it had moved me about a yard forward.