Disconnecting every 15-20 minutes

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.1.1 -    0 | 1669 | 1669 |    0 |    0 |   19 |    0 |
|                             10.163.16.1 -    0 | 1669 | 1669 |    0 |    1 |   31 |    0 |
|                              10.30.11.1 -    3 | 1549 | 1517 |    5 |    6 |   31 |    5 |
|                            10.10.163.45 -    2 | 1559 | 1529 |    8 |   11 |   47 |    9 |
|                eqix-ix-ch1.blizzard.com -    2 | 1551 | 1520 |    9 |   15 |   85 |   11 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  337 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|         et-0-0-0-pe04-eqch2.as57976.net -    2 | 1556 | 1526 |    0 |   27 |   83 |   26 |
|        chi-eqch2-ia-bons-04.as57976.net -    2 | 1560 | 1531 |    0 |   28 |   59 |   26 |
|                           24.105.62.129 -    2 | 1590 | 1569 |   26 |   27 |   52 |   27 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider~~~~

Here's mine. WoW had been behaving yesterday but the disconnects are back. This is today's first.

You have packet loss right after your first hop. Call your ISP. The packet loss just continues from there.

1 Like

Insane person commenting on every connection thread still I see.

1 Like

It’s horrible tonight, everytime I try to Hearth or go into a dungeon/raid I get “instance not found”

Im also experiencing this.

Random disconnects, but relatively frequent.

Has only started happening within the last 2 weeks.

1 Like

Experiencing this as well.

Used to be maybe 1-2 times but now it’s as bad as 4-6.

EDIT: Something I’m noticing is that I’m getting latency to the world but nothing from Home every time I try logging onto my characters. It’s rather strange looking at it really.

1 Like

This keeps happenign to me as well, and it seems to be getting more frequent.

Edit: Still happening

1 Like

Also getting lots of disconnects. No issues in other online games.

1 Like

Make sure to state if it’s only been happening the last few weeks like it has for most of us.

1 Like

packet loss is only real if it continues on through the rest of the test. you can’t be losing 21% of your packets at one hop if 100% of them are making it to the server. typically hops that show up like that are just de-prioritizing test packets.

3 Likes

If a node isn’t blacklisted after 337 attempts with 21% packet loss then yes that is an issue.

And yes that test was super small. And yes that wasn’t the only node with issues.

that test shows the server is receiving 100% of packets that were sent. it stands to reason that there is no packet loss.

2 Likes

The number of packets that had to be resent are not added into those numbers. Nor does that account for the time delayed so for authentication or encryption it can easily cause a DC.

Regardless it’s not a healthy route.

what? it accounts for every packet that was sent to the server and it accounts for 100% of the transit time to the server. that’s what a winmtr is. every single packet sent made it to the server and it took a maximum of 61ms to get there. it is a basically ideal winmtr.

3 Likes

I was referring to 118 out of 118. It ignores the time spent at the bad nodes. He has two with awful worst pings and 1 with 21% packet loss and then multiple attempts at two nodes that don’t even receive the packets.

So out of that small session he has 110 lost packets.

the packets made it to the server in 54ms on average, and took no longer than 61ms for any packet to get there. it ignores no time spent anywhere.

3 Likes

He has 4 nodes with issues. No one cares if the times were normal. He is dropping packets enough to matter.

That is not a normal / healthy WinMTR.

118 packets went to be sent. Along the route they got dropped 110 times.

Sorry, you have no clue what you’re talking about and I think i’ve explained as best as I can. You also keep saying to change DNS to change routes which is wrong. It is great that you want to help but you really need to try to see how this stuff works before offering advice. There’s lots of great explanations of winmtr’s and how they work and lots of knowledgeable people on here who explain them often too.

4 Likes

Changing a DNS does effect routing and how quickly bad nodes are dropped.

When you have multiple bad nodes than its unlikely to fix the problem but if its just one it has a good chance depending on the the DNS’s weighted policies.

Same reason you can find massive webpages on getting better ping in FPS games. Bypassing poor default ISP DNS routing not only finds you a faster path but avoids problems at a much more aggressive rate.

They are server side the server stability has completely changed since DF pre patch its very obvious ?