Disconnected from wow 51900319

I have been receiving this message frequently " disconnected from wow 51900319" the last few days. I was wondering if there is anything I can do, or is it possibly an issue that has been going on lately. I have done the IP release, renew, and flush DNS. In addition, I have killer control app for my network and have tried turning of advanced stream detect but I still got the disconnection error message.

8 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: WoW51900319

Howdy Anduthor,

Would you be able to provide a WinMTR test so we can see what’s happening on the route?

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Unzip the file to your desktop
  3. Run the WinMTR as Admin
  4. Type 24.105.62.129 in “host”.
  5. Click “Start” and open the game. Let the MTR test run for at least 10 minutes to capture this issue occurring.
  6. Click “Copy text to clipboard”
  7. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

Note: If it’s not letting you post, break links by adding a space before .com/.net, so you can post them. You can also upload the MTR contents through Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.1.1 -    0 |  636 |  636 |    0 |    0 |   12 |    0 |
|                          INTEL_CE_LINUX -    1 |  628 |  626 |    0 |    2 |   64 |    1 |
|                          INTEL_CE_LINUX -    1 |  625 |  622 |    0 |   15 |   92 |    9 |
|                          INTEL_CE_LINUX -    0 |  636 |  636 |    9 |   19 |  110 |   23 |
|              po10.demia001cr1.mchsi.com -    1 |  629 |  627 |    0 |   23 |   76 |   22 |
|              po13.chgil001cr1.mchsi.com -    1 |  632 |  631 |   16 |   23 |  111 |   18 |
|              po10.chgil001er1.mchsi.com -    1 |  624 |  621 |    0 |   23 |  108 |   18 |
|                          INTEL_CE_LINUX -    0 |  636 |  636 |   16 |   27 |  111 |   22 |
|              ae1-br02-eqch2.as57976.net -    1 |  626 |  624 |    0 |   50 | 2149 |   23 |
|         et-0-0-1-pe04-eqch2.as57976.net -    1 |  625 |  622 |    0 |   26 |  125 |   28 |
|        chi-eqch2-ia-bons-04.as57976.net -    1 |  624 |  621 |    0 |   25 |  112 |   18 |
|                          INTEL_CE_LINUX -    1 |  620 |  616 |    0 |   23 |   69 |   20 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider~~~~

I want to follow this thread as I am also constantly having this problem. I keep reporting it in game every time I get the disconnect.

1 Like

Just had this happen to me. Internet connection was fine, it was just my connection to wow that crapped out

1 Like

It’s happened to me off and on since not long after BFA launched! It doesn’t happen all the time, but does a handful of times after a maintenence. So I could go 3 weeks and nothing, then all the sudden maintenence and its happening again! It’s happened this week too

1 Like

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. For me, these disconnects began after the last update. When I first login to a character for the day, it is almost an instantaneous DC, but afterward it could be anywhere between 2 to 20 minutes, and this will happen continuously, making any type of long play session impossible. My hardware has not changed in 5 years, my drivers are up to date, like I said the only change was the last update and then this started happening. Here is what the console says when it disconnects. I could be wrong, but I’m wondering if this is an issue with Battle.net. I logged out of the Launcher and logged back in, but that didn’t help.
i.imgur .com/N5fKFWJ.jpg (remove space before .com)

2 Likes

winMTR is just traceroute, this will not correctly diagnose the problem. ICMP is only used to establish if a connection is possible. we already know the connection is possible because we are able to log in.

traceroute in particular is mainly used to determine things like an issue with a node or a sometimes a route loop.

what i have noticed is that i can connect, and then i will dc after about 10-15 seconds of being logged in, this will happen a few times until i correct it by porting somewhere, usually deathgating to acherus, however i have also seen it happen in BI Ach, not EPL Ach.

IPv4 and IPv6 make no difference.

i’ve seen other players with this issue as well, but 319 is so nondescript we really dont know if its the same issue or not.

1 Like

Hey there,

These are definitely some strange MTR results, the modem is appearing in several very odd places it normally shouldn’t. Though I think the problem is still showing itself in the results well enough so that’s ok.

This first device here is likely a router, whatever the first network device your computer is plugged into will be this one. No problems here thankfully so that connection is good.

This second device here is likely a modem or some kind of mesh network device. Definitely something strange going on here since there is some minor packet loss and the device is showing up places it shouldn’t!

Once the data goes out of the home network and to the ISP, there is already a good bit of data that was lost. However more is being lost as it’s going out which further indicates a problem with whatever Linux device(s?) that is.

If this device was provided to you by the internet service provider, definitely be sure to ask them about doing a Factory Reset on the device or Firmware updates. If this device was purchased separately and setup manually, we must refer to the device provider. Since each network device has different setup and configuration our ability to assist with them is limited.

The long short of all this is I think we need to focus our efforts on the linux device there.

I do hope the information helps! Let us know how things go.

1 Like

Hiya. I’ve been on-and-off with this subject from my own experience with the issue and the many others who have had to deal with it. I’m no tech support guru but from what I’ve read up across most cases it’s either:

A) A lot of small instances of stress and congestion in your connection that all adds up to cause lag or disconnects, namely the WOW51900319 error in this case.

B) One specific node along your traceroute acting up and dropping a significant enough amount of packets to cause the disconnects.

If it’s A, you don’t have as much of a single all-fixing solution as you do a multitude of things you can do/changes you can make to ease the load and reduce them from happening significantly. The following few worked for me but I can’t offer any guarantee of results for anyone else:

1. Set a static IP and use Google’s public DNS.
    When I first ran into this error ad nauseam back in Legion this trick singlehandedly put an end to it, and reduced it significantly enough to where I can play without worrying about it back in January when the problem arose once again. Here are the steps to it:
  1. Run Command Prompt as an administrator and put in the command “ipconfig” (without quotations), and take note of the “IPV4 Address”, “Subnet Mask” and “Default Gateway” fields say. You’ll need them momentarily.
  2. Open Control Panel, go into “Network and Internet” and then “Network and Sharing Center”.
  3. Click on the name of your network and then “Properties”. Then click the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” listing (DON’T uncheck it!), then the “Properties” button on that window.
  4. Check “Use the following IP address:” setting and fill out the boxes with what you got from the command prompt.
  5. Check “Use the following DNS server addresses:” setting and fill it out accordingly:

Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

1. Click “OK” and exit out of everything. Give WoW a test run ASAP to check effectiveness.
  1. Perform a clean reinstall of your addons, and disable high-load ones until you absolutely need to use them.
    Addons impact the game a lot more than people give them credit for, and overwriting their files with every update can cause corruption and general flunkiness. It’s a smart idea to purge your Addons and WTF folders (Taking care to export stuff you want to keep like UI profiles, TSM strings, etc beforehand), and doing a fresh reinstall of all of them. The second part of this is rather tedious but over time you’ll get used to it. Simply keep any high-impact addons like TSM, DBM, Healbot etc. disabled until you’re in a situation you need them for. A little extra upkeep can go a long way!

2. Adjust game settings, namely the max background and foreground FPS and the “Optimize network for speed” setting
    These are popular methods to combat the issue that I can vouch for as well.

1. Enter the pause menu in-game and go to “system”.
  2. Go into “advanced” and check the “Max Background FPS” and “Max Foreground FPS” boxes and adjust their sliders to 30fps and Anywhere under 100fps respectively.
  3. Then go into “Network” and uncheck the “Optimize Network for Speed” setting.
  4. If you know your router doesn’t support/doesn’t have it enabled/exclusively uses IPv4 for your device specifically, also uncheck “Enable IPv6 when Available”. I don’t notice a change with this one myself but others claim it’s effective so I’ll include it here too.
  1. If possible, use an Ethernet cable.
    Anyone with a grasp on online infrastructure will tell you that going wireless is always inferior and more problematic than just using good ol’ cords. If the option is available to you, you can and should definitely try playing on an ethernet cable for a few and seeing if the disconnects persist. If you can’t access/arrange things to where you can wire up your PC to the router, it might be smart to seek alternative options like using a more portable device to play or investing in powerline adapters.

2. Look over your connection proper for any overbearance, stress etc.
    It’s not that big of a stretch to assume WoW is a low priority in your router’s eyes, so it could very easily be the first to get jettisoned off whenever it needs to keep the whole thing from clotting up. Fixes for this can include but aren’t limited to changing your device to be a higher priority for your router, turning off or booting any additional devices of yours off the network until you’ve had your fill of WoW for the time being, and simply adjusting your schedule to when less devices are on the network and taking up bandwidth. If you can, it’s also a possibility to talk with the other people using the connection and seeing if you all can ease the load together.

3. Check your devices for any double-inputs.
    This one is a must-try if you’re finding no issues with your network outside of WoW or if the crashes happen specifically in high-input content like raids, Mythic+ or large-scale PvP. You should troubleshoot your input devices (mouse, keyboard, external keypads, etc.) to see if any are “Double-clicking” when certain buttons are pressed. This is an issue when it comes to connections specifically because WoW can be overloaded by too many inputs in such a short time, resulting in errors such as a disconnect or a proper crash of the application itself. Definitely go over your input devices and either replace or repair any offending parties if found.

There are many more things that could work that I won’t put here for time or relevance reasons, but there are definitely some countermeasures to the issue you can try. Just keep in mind that none of these are guaranteed to be a perfect fit for your version of the problem specifically, and even after doing all of these you still might be dealing with the issue, albeit very mitigated.

Case B, on the other hand, has only one, likely painful solution you can do: contacting your ISP about the issue. In my experience most service providers aren’t of much help and you’ll likely be going in circles or wasting your own time trying to get to the root of the problem, but it’s the only reasonable option you have in this case, so you’ll just have to grit your teeth and give 'em a call. I’ll be /pray-ing for you if it comes to this.

And that’s all I’ve got. Best of luck with this issue and I hope you can get it under control at the very least. Please be sure to post back with what specifically worked/if anything else fixed it!

2 Likes

Okay, so I bought new modem from my service provider. I hooked it up and I am directly running my computer to it with a ethernet cable. For about five days I did not have any disconnects, but this weekend I have had it happen 3 times. I am no longer using my router as my modem has it built in.
Is a Linux device a modem?

I would post another winmtr

So how do we fix this issue.

I have the same problem and it is incredibly frustrating.

Hey there,

Closing this out due to the age of the thread. Please bare in mind that this error code just means the game disconnected which can have a huge number of causes. In the case of the original post the cause was the data traveling from their router to a modem or mesh network device and loosing data in transit. See my full explanation here on that.

If this is not the same for you, please create a new thread and attach a winMTR so we may help review it. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the winMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the affected game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).