Disconnected before character select screen

Still getting errors when trying to log in and get dc’ed, or i get to a log in queue because log in servers are full then get dc’ed

wow51900123, wow51900127, wow51900128 are the codes popping for me…

If i don’t use the launcher to log me in i get the code wow51900319

Same here about 15-20 minutes ago, got booted after the loading screen froze and after that I kept getting booted before the character log in screen…

BREAKING NEWS!!! I got a new error… be jealous of my WOW51900128 code MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

is there any post with useful info on whats going on? there twitter doesnt say anything are they even working on it ? lol

1 Like

There is a “breaking news” visible in the blizz launcher as well as on the login screen after you get the error message that got put up maybe 15 minutes ago.

“We are aware of an issue affecting our authentication servers… We are currently investigating the cause and will provide updates as they are available.”

1 Like

They are hard at work making more stuff for the store. After they release a new mount for 20 dollars they will fix the servers.

1 Like

Seems like every time I have some free tune to actually sit and play I get issues trying to log in and can’t contact a live agent, really starting to get pissed

This smell like a Denial of Service attack. Among Us servers are down and Z servers are very sketchy. Just a thought.

3 Likes

lol among us servers are always down blizzards just having a problem like usual with their servers.

2 Likes

Sounds like a nice excuse tbh

3 Likes

DDOS is getting old for my liking sorry.

3 Likes

i dont think so. DDOS usually results in terrible lag and gameplay from when i have seen them happen. this does not appear to be the case. only people trying to change servers or logging in

1 Like

this issue could have been prevented had blizzard spent 10 cents for every sub and get some quantum computers to run the servers. Instead they use 2008 core 2 duo and windows ME.

3 Likes

Windows ME?, I thot they hade Windows 95

1 Like

yes servers are up but cannot connect.
smells like DDOS. or blizzard fell asleep

Might just be a problem with the authentication servers.

1 Like

Second night in a row for me, could not log in for 5 hours yesterday due to a similar issue.

1 Like

I don’t buy it. A DDoS would cause a much longer queue on the authentication servers while slamming it with requests. So far I’m not burdened by a queue to login, it simply fails to connect. The DDoS could be all of us trying to login repeatedly but that’s not a true attack.

Well everyone trying to log in is a type of DDoS attack. Imagine there is more than a few people just hammering the login server trying to get back into the game generating alot of traffic to the auth servers. Kinda like when the RTX 3080 went on sale, alot of websites went down from the sheer volume of people trying to buy one.