Disc Priests Alert: Mage Food Required: Ready to Unsub

Must be nice.

1 Like

You can hand pick your comments isolated from the rest all you like. In fact, why not cut and paste this word with that word to completely and utterly change the meaning of what I said all you like. Just like you did there. But it does not change me or my meaning. I like how you omitted "and have never ever been anything I have encountered or did anything other than to discourage. "

Go back to the kiddy pool where you belong Brighter.

Doesn’t matter what you put before or after that statement. That’s your stance. Explains all your incessant whining and complaining about groups. It’s always someone else’s problem, not yours. That’s your mantra, dude. You’re sad.

Also I think you’ve worn out the kiddy pool thing. Make a new one! They’re cute.

What a joke. You put words in my mouth and pretend to know me? Twist reality all you like kid. Be my guest. Like I have said numerous times, your words are a reflection on you more than anything else.

And if you have or face racial issues yourself, then make a real case for your views. Or be the reality you want and stand up for yourself like Martin Luther King or Nelson Mandela. All the more power to you! I don’t like you regardless of your racial background or ethnicity. Your background makes no difference to me. Your distorted reality though, makes me worry about you.

Anything to be right? I am not an irrational person, and you have done nothing more than be an incessant irritant. If you had the slightest point of view about the issue this thread is about then make your case. As for your finding any excuse to attack me, it just tells me you like me, or wish you did. The opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference.

Holy narcissist.

If you didn’t like me or want to, you would be indifferent and my posts would be something you just swept aside. Narcissist, not. I will tell you something though. What you are confusing for narcissism is actually something that has always been a bane for me. It is the incessant drive for the highest degree of mastery and knowledge in everything I do. It is such that it is so engrained in my personality that it haunts me in everything I do. But don’t confuse that for narcissism. They are utterly different.

And as for your incessant drive to constantly point out that I am making excuses. It is utterly off track. It is the drive for perfection that haunts me, making me an analyst of everything that happens. This is so that I am at one with explanations so that I can figure out the road to perfection. If you don’t correctly identify the road, how can you get on it?

Anyhow, you are immature for your age in my view. Or maybe I am out of touch with young adults. But I wish you would just address the issue here vs find every reason to attack me. The issue is mage food and the hassles and hoops you have to jump through to get it and keep it from vanishing.

In all honesty I have been joining BGs to get mage food while typing this in my downtime while waiting to join yet another. But no mage has been dropping any in BGs for quite some time.

You should try the pomegranate food. It works pretty fast with the anima power

It doesn’t though. I have tried it. And others have repeatedly pointed out on this priest forum that nothing comes close to mage food and I agree.

And Blizzard, man. Like if you have ever timed a key with ten seconds or less to spare? Or have had literally two seconds to drink between pulls and were at ten percent mana!

Anyhow…

My game time will soon run out. I am honestly debating simply unsubbing. Waiting for BGs and then not being able to log out for fear of the mage food vanishing is a real hassle.

Believe it or not the reason I made an alliance alt was because the horde queue times for BGs are really long.

I unsubbed tbh. Game doesn’t hit like it used to. Maybe 9.1.5 or 9.2 will be better.

Yeah, I want to get the 20s for all keys, but honestly, the hassles are not worth the time commitment.

Funny thing. I have sent feedback to Blizzard in game multiple times asking for food similar to Fish Feasts. But as yet, they have done squat. And until they do I either unsub or start healing as an H paladin again.

As for you and unsubbing. When I was your age, I played video games. But there were things a thousand times better to do with my time that helped my career. In my case, that was reading everything I could get my hands on.

I am also sometimes sad that I did not know who I was at your age. But we did not have things like a free Myers Briggs test online back then.

Bruh did you just assume my age

I know better than to assume anything. But I have seen your picture and know how old you sound, lol. I’d guess you are in your late twenties or early thirties, but I have no idea. Younger than that?

But there are loads of better things to do with your time, regardless. In my case, I am still growing and I am in my mid fifties. In my case though, I am independently wealthy. Meaning, I no longer need a job.

PS After spending the last three hours getting mage food and being turned down for every 18, 19, and 20 I’ve queued for, despite my numbers–score and experience, I am edging ever closer to packing in the game or healing as a disc priest. People consistently invite paladins with lower scores and having healed half the number of dungeons I have… So over and out here… Good luck to you and have a nice evening.

Note to self: Never again play raiding meta vs dungeon meta. Blizzard bites at getting healer balance right, has made Disc Priest a lesser, if not horrible, dungeon healer nobody invites, and H paladin is almost always meta across the board.

I find your whining about mana very annoying too. Your not the only person who has played forever and i really think this is a you issue not an us issue. I healed 3 keys last night, 1x 19 and 2x 18 and i drank like 4 times all up in those keys overall.

To be honest, reading your posts for a good long time now seem to be nothing but whining and i really think its time you mained another healer and moved on. Obviously disc is not for you.

So ? are you a slave incapable of thinking for yourself.

then thats a choice you make. more dps for less mana.

woulda shoulda coulda. You chose to heal. Do your job and if you struggle, play something else and move on

4 Likes

Actually, just go play paladin, It’s not that boring with ashen hollow. Easier than Disc but still more engaging than druid, shaman and holy priest.

Monk is fun also, and It’s very good right now.

It’s a Blizzard issue. If you don’t agree, that is fine. But Blizzard took away fish feasts and made disc incredibly mana hungry in anything shy of a competent group that gets kicks, does cc reasonably well, and pumps decent damage, etc (long list of factors, really).

So what are you saying here? That if the group is not competent and skilled you just get up and leave. I have an alt on Alliance, and cannot always join elite groups–which means sometimes the need to drink a lot. But on my main doing 18-20s now I don’t have to drink a lot either, but when I do, I want to have the best water on hand. Is that a crime?

That is a joke, right? I have no desire to switch out to Night Fae. I like doing damage and pumping as much as I can–that helps a lot when timing keys.

It is and I have zero desire to switch out.

I am not a quitter. I like healing as a disc priest. I just find obtaining and keeping the mage food I have on hand a real hassle. Is that a crime? And maybe you like the hassles if you bother with getting it. Or maybe every group you join is elite, but I am not that lucky–and neither are a lot of disc priests. I have been told by groups that disc is mana intensive and so they will not invite disc priests. I have also literally been removed from groups for being disc and not holy for that very reason–which I did ask about after. Hence, it is not only a me problem like you surmise. In fact, I waited three hours between getting mage food and being invited to an 18, 19 or 20 key earlier today, and I must have queued up for around 40 before getting an invite. And my raider io is almost 2300 and I have healed more than 100 timed 15+s on my main alone.

If you think this is a stretch it is not. As for you and your expert opinions I don’t find them helpful in the least. Do you quit keys when the groups are not very good? Do you heal US alliance or US horde at all? Do you find that disc priests are not mana intensive at all like more than a few people have told me when denying me invites? Maybe you are just better than the rest of us? Yeah?

Maybe you aussie guys don’t play on US servers much and play among friends. I have no idea what your situation is. But I mostly pug keys, with an occasional run with friends. Hence, the experience I present above may not be the same as yours. But it is what it is.

Just to substantiate what I am saying, I invite you to look up my main on raider io. I have looked you up and you don’t even have a quarter of the experience healing keys that I do on my main alone, and my alt alliance priest has timed more 15-20s than you by a wide margin.

Here is a link to my main:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/Jinxyminx

and my current alliance alt disc priest.

I invite you to look both of them up on raider io so that you can see that I really don’t struggle all that much. And so that I am not just speaking on a whim about my main point: That Blizzard simply needs to add in food that gets back mana as fast as mage food to cut down on the hassles and help change the community perception that disc priests are undesirable to invite to groups–mainly because of mana issues.

You don’t need mage food really. I don’t know how you manage your mana but you don’t need it. Don’t spam shadowmend if you can utilise Boon, shadowfiend and Radiance.

Eating normal food, It’s like waiting 5 more seconds than eating mage food from 0-100. You only full drink from 0-100 like 2 times in a dungeon max. This is from a +18 I did this week, I didn’t pick mana orb power either.

Yeah, I guess. But I know of disc priests that heal high keys that will not heal them without mage food just like me. They get groups with mage alts to log on to them to get it, they join BGs like me, they refuse to log out and let it vanish, etc.

Also, at this stage in the game, I really do not want to go through all of the incredible amount of grinding all over on another toon, like an H paladin. The next expansion will be a whole other story though. That said, I do have a 55 H paladin I could casually try to get up to speed, but my main has truckloads upon truckloads invested in her that I would lose if I wholeheartedly switched out to a different main, starting from scratch this late.

Five more seconds is completely unacceptable in a lot of groups. Most of the time I am lucky if I have two seconds for a nibble between 95% of pulls.

Yes, I agree If you do like +22, then mage food is required. If your groups don’t wait for you then It’s not your fault.

Disc is crap on grevious anyway which is next week. Just reroll if you are tired. I mean I switch to Holy on grevious myself.

Meh, I heal disc only and have no problem healing grievous–not that I recommend it if you are not confident or don’t know disc inside out. Mage food is more than a must for it though. Sigh.

On and aside, and honestly, though. I wonder at Blizzard’s rationale for making mage food a must for disc priests at least sometimes. Do they want mages to be a mandatory invite to M+ if your healer is a disc priest? Is there some other rationale? Like is it to make people not want to heal high keys (22s and higher you said) as a disc priest? Is it an oversight? Is it to make for hassles or misery if you main disc? I mean consider this in comparison: holy paladins have more damage, an immunity (ie. a rock solid defensive), more utility, etc, already, and in addition, they also have no mana issues!!!

Also, your mana burn depends on loads of factors no matter what the key. In fact, in lower keys, when the skill is obviously going to be lower, I find that there is typically more need for spam shadow mend healing vs in higher keys. And these factors are really, largely outside of your control. Things like tank gear, tank skill, how much dps the group does (as in on Tyrannical bosses when you can run out of mana if the dps is too low or use a minimum when the dps is really high), the dpsers’ skills at CC, kicks, coordination, etc. I mean how much mana are you going to need in high dps coordinated groups vs. pug groups with a half carry, a noobie who got carried through most keys, a paladin tank who mainly heals keys vs tanking them? Also things like the pull sizes, tank healing, offhealing, use of innervates, use of defensives, group dispels, avoidable damage taken, etc all matter a ton. And the list goes on.

I lost brain cells reading this. If you quit and unsub will you also stop coming to these forums? Please PLEASE do that and go back to your kiddy pool.