Disc Priests Alert: Mage Food Required: Ready to Unsub

Is it only me who feels the mana issues mean you have to have mage food if you pug M+? I literally find I need it because with the fast eat anima power and other food, you just dont get mana back fast at all. Plus the obvious–when you are in a low skilled group and have to spam shadow mend? I mean, you go oom so darn fast!

Blizzard took fish feasts away–which was uber food you could get yourself. In BFA I would literally go to the Darkmoon Faire once a month and spend an hour or so there to fish up stacks so I could make my own food and not have to depend on a mage. Now you can only join groups with mages or get it somehow some other way, and then after you get your food you cannot log out while you have lunch or whatever–for fear of it vanishing from your inventory. On my alliance Disc priest I simply join a BG to get mage food, but on the Horde side the wait for a BG can be so long.

In summary, it is bad enough you can have horrible mana issues in some groups, but then add to that the need for mage food, and you want to go running into the arms of the healer that has it all–great utility, great damage, and NO mana issues: If you guessed holy paladin, you guessed right. Sigh. That or unsub.

Just pick the mana orbs power option.

You can’t always get mana orbs from the first lieutenant, and in fact there are some dungeons where it is literally from the last lieutenant. So what do you do until then? If you just have regular food vs mage food it is a double whammy until then.

Yeah, and I have this macro to say that I am low on mana. Plus I also run the Healer Protection addon–which announces when you get low on mana automatically, and 90% of pug tanks still ignore you when you have 2% mana and are spamming your mana need macro. You can go into pulls with 2% mana, seriously. HOA is the worst for that. And so many tanks die and run back so often there. I mean, some literally pull half the instance with you at 10% mana, and you have three deaths despite you making every effort to drink, sip, and communicate.

And you can even sit down and then somehow the game automatically stands you up so you cannot drink when the tank pulls. I have literally spammed my food keybind so that I can get a little mana because of this.

I am so close to unsubbing because of the need for mage food and the mana issues. I’m just completely fed up with the hassles of trying to drink and having to get mage food for every darn run. It is a huge hassle and waste of time.

mana issues have been something healers have had to deal with forever, try playing classic wow. Its your job to manage it. We have told you before that going NE helps. If your only doing keys, even night fae isnt so bad for the DR and the mana back. Use copious amounts of mana potions, run solace over bender. There are things you can do.

Well, honestly, I knew someone would say something like that. But this post is about having mage food specifically. Having other food is just not good. Mana comes back so slowly with other food.

I join bgs before i do M+ just so that the only groups I join don’t have to have a mage–but sometimes you have to wait like 20 minutes. Other times you have no mage in the BG group or none who drop tables even if you ask. But that is a huge hassle. I also at times have to log out and in again every five minutes once I have some so the food does not vanish. But that is also a huge hassle. I refrain from joining guilds with friends when the guild does not have a mage that runs M+ regularly, but that is a downer. I shrink down my Wow window and stay logged into the game while I stretch or grab a drink or watch a TV show between runs, but guess what? That is also a huge hassle.

Why Blizzard has healers with serious mana issues and other healers with none makes other healers superior. They don’t have to go through this laborious process because there is no need for any food, let alone the best food for getting mana back. I was told earlier by a group that disc priests have mana issues so they much prefer to invite other healers, so I was to take a walk.

The point is we don’t want to be a liability to groups so we pretty much have to get our hands on mage food. Us disc priests pretty much require the food that gets mana back the fastest but it makes for a huge hassle every time you want to heal a key. THAT is my point. I’d rather get the food myself, even if I have to farm the mats. Why? Because I loathe relying on others and the hassles that that creates. Not to mention I loathe the hassle of getting mage food and then feeling I cannot log out because it will vanish when maybe I want to do something other than be glued to my chair for hours.

You follow?

On an aside, I also prefer to play mainly on the horde side because the player base is a lot larger and there are a lot more higher keys on offer most of the time. If there are Night Elves on the horde side, great, but last I checked there weren’t any at all.

Duh. I find this comment extremely annoying as I have played healers almost exclusively since vanilla and like 99% of Disc Priests, would have to have severe brain damage to not recognize your point here. I have used mana pots and then had the group leader say to invis next packs. Great! I stop to drink whenever possible, but a lot of tanks tunnel and are utterly oblivious to your mana issues and will pull packs with you at 10% mana forcing you to blow all of your CDs to keep everyone alive and then with you at zero mana and no CDs left they let you drink. But your group could have let you drink before and so you would have your CDs for when needed or when it is best to use them.

Manage your mana? I suppose if you just let everyone die by not healing enough so that you preserve mana that is acceptable as managing your mana?! Maybe not, but to suggest any healer worth his salt is unaware of that fact is a joke.

Nobody runs Night Fae currently! I have done more than 3.6k dps in a run with a solid group and would not trade that dps for the world. It is unreasonable to even suggest it.

In summary, no, there are not things me, in my case, can do. Or then again, maybe there are. I can unsub and avoid the hassles. I can drop disc priests and go back to maining H pallies like I did for years. Or I can go through the laborious hassles of jumping through hoops to get and keep mage food before it vanishes. And all this just to get mana back as fast as possible so that the tunnel vision tanks can keep being silly and ignorant. Honestly, though, I simply loathe having to get mage food and wasting time on it because Blizzard took away Fish Feasts and did not replace them with food that gets mana back nearly as fast as mage food! As for your other suggestions, like go Night Fae, it is totally unreasonable. If tanks would simply let you sip for five seconds sometimes… Or better yet, and back on topic: If Blizzard would simply add something to the game that got you back mana as fast as mage food or Fish Feasts, then the hassles of the related mana issues would be half the headache.

Just another Fourleaf QQ post

1 Like

I knew you would post something along those lines! It is less a cry post than one to relate a problem in the game! If you ran M+ much and as a disc priest you could probably relate. Oh, but that’s right, you stay in the shallow end (and in more ways than one!) You have probably never even heard of Fish Feasts, either! And you would be wrong by a mile if you think I am alone in the need for mage food as a disc priest in M+!

Another snide post! You are just so much superior with your 10s, 14s and 15s and healing Holy than all of us lesser Disc priests pushing into the 20s! And sometimes where every second and every drop of mana counts! Oh, but being a punk, you think others pointing out rational things must mean they are irrational cry babies!

Stay in the shallow end kid, where you belong!

You know this works the same way, right - ttps://www.wowhead.com/item=173859/ethereal-pomegranate?

I just find it funny every time you post complaining about something it’s always an exterior force that’s preventing you from pushing what you want to push.

For example,

Also weird to only point out my 10s, 14s, and 15s as holy when I have completed 16s, 17s, and 18 as disc. :thinking: Not really impressive though considering this season is exponentially easier than last for keys.

1 Like

As mage food?! Seriously? You think that gets mana back as fast as mage food? And with the anima power Portable Healing Trough?

Not even close. Mage food is far superior, and there is nothing in the game currently anywhere close for getting mana back. There used to be Fish Feasts which did the job, but Blizzard nerfed them–making them only usable to level 50. Yaay Blizzard!

It’s identical and works with the anima power - eat fast.

It doesn’t prevent me from doing anything. I get my mage food before every run I do. It is a hassle though. That is the point.

Maybe when you are middle aged and have been a teacher for a long time you will realize that there really are reasons why things happen the way they do vs people always just making excuses. You may think people pointing out things always means they are making excuses, but that is not always the case. Sometimes there are rational explanations for why things happen the way they do. In fact, a lot more often than most irrational people realize. Like, for example, I live in Asia, which means my ping when raiding with you guys on an East US server was often over 260 or even 300. And did I ever mention that when your lame raid leader was interrogating me, saying “Faster Fourleaf!” Yo. He was always opening his big yap and being a hard “butt” jerk to people. He struck me as probably someone who is incredibly frustrated in real life and with a mediocre (at best) grasp on the things that really count. Nobody needs that garbage in a game–and in an at best average guild (you read that correctly). It is mostly trash guilds, in my experience, where the raid leader is like that. The best guilds often have the people with the best people skills as raid leads–or that’s how I like it anyhow. They are usually really nice, in fact, and also have a better grasp on understanding both people, and why things happen the way they do–and without creating tension, finger pointing, toxicity, blaming and an unpleasant game experience. I have been in a number of guilds, and rate my experience in your guild as very poor. If your experience is different, great, and I am happy for you.

I would say that your posts and approach to the game exemplify what I am talking about. They are more a reflection on you (and your game experience) than anything else.

You go on “completing” your 16s, 17s, and 18s as disc. My alt priest on Alliance is doing better than that.

You are wrong. And full of it.

1 Like

You are wrong. And full of it.

Rather rude.

I didn’t attack anything you said.

All you ever seem to do on these forums is make excuses for your poor game playing.

It’s what I use and I do much higher keys then you.

2 Likes

You are incorrect on two counts. No, that food is far inferior to mage food. And second, you are comparing yourself to an alt, not my main. But credibility because you deem yourself as superior makes no difference to me when a fact is a fact. In fact, yours just went out the window because you are wrong. Point blank.

Look, if you don’t believe me look at the tooltip for mage food and the food you have so much faith in, and do the math. The difference is huge–as when the tank gives you two seconds to drink and is pulling half the instance and the dps are useless at CC, and their damage is garbage–which is a regular thing in M+ if you pug a lot on US servers.

And if you claim to be such a great healer, you ought to know this already. Man.

I would add that raider io has your world ranking as a disc priest at 34,615 currently, while my alt disc priest (not my main) is ranked 2499 as a disc priest. Hence, you are claiming you are a credible source of info as a disc priest–which is where the mana issues are, but being as you are so poorly ranked as a disc priest, I question your credibility and wonder why you are pretending to have knowledge from a lot of experience, when you quite simply do not. In reality, this explains why you are misguided. If you did have a lot of experience and knowledge you would know better.

Hey pretty cool man, grats!

Yo. Brighter. Go back to the kiddy pool! To me you are simply living proof that leaving you monkeys and assorted rulers of the universe behind was a great decision!

Has this changed https://www.wowhead.com/news/water-regenerates-mana-slower-in-the-first-seconds-of-drinking-in-shadowlands-318430?

See how I’m not name calling i.e. having an adult discussion.

1 Like

My heart has been stung. :disappointed_relieved:

Also using an insult with a history of racist connotation is not a good look.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same…

1 Like

Forgive me, I am Canadian. And as such, the reference was neither intended nor of any meaning to me. Canadians have neither the history nor the issues some Americans do with people of African origin. Some of my best friends have been of similar origin and others have been of a wide ranging ethic background–and to me racist issues are someone else’s problem and have never ever been anything I have encountered or did anything other than to discourage. My wife is not a white Caucasian either.

Coincidentally, I picked up the term in this game from a reference made by the healer “Yumy” in reference to people who think they are of high skill but are not. I thoroughly doubt he was making a racial comment or any connotation of one. Neither was I. If you know anything about the English language, or languages in general, you would know that there are loads of words with a variety of meanings. If you want to twist the meaning of sentences and distort them so as to attack others, that is your problem. Not to beat this to death, but if you think a Volkswagon Beetle is an insect or an Apple computer can be eaten, for example, because an apple is an edible fruit, or that a crane is always a bird, then that is your business. Look up the word “homonym” if you, an elementary teacher, need to jog your memory or choose to continue to sound childish. Duh.

Okay, first, that info is outdated–and I can rarely sit down long enough to see the rate at which you get mana back accelerate–usually two to three seconds. And most tanks are probably not aware that disc priests can have severe mana issues when the dps are poor at CC and their damage is low–and to most tanks a healer is a healer and they often don’t distinguish between one kind and another–especially from one that has zero mana issues–like a holy paladin vs a disc priest. I have never heard of or seen any high end disc priests who stream use anything but mage food. I will qualify that though by saying I don’t watch that many–and also that in good groups who push more than just their damage buttons and do spot on CC, the need for mana is often minimal.

If you had the math or theorycrafting to back up any claim that any food is superior to mage food then let’s have it. Darkmoon Faire Fish Feasts no longer work above level 50. Also note that pug groups do not ever give you enough time to get back to full mana even if you have the best food. 90% of tanks do not even notice if you are at zero mana most of the time, and will simply chain pull and even ignore info in chat about your precarious healing and mana problem. The luxury of being able to drink for more than two or three seconds is a rarity. In my case I swapped out a profession for engineering because it gives you a speed boost every two or three minutes. When that is up, and I need mana I put that to use so that I can run to rejoin the group. That or I blow my cds extremely wastefully just to keep everyone alive for as long as possible.