DISAPPOINTMENT: soloing old content

I don’t think there is any legitimate reason for these things to not be farmable.

Throw some “increased damage taken / decreased damage done” onto everything in legion.

2 Likes

This was, in my opinion, an accidental consequence of the level squish: someone didn’t get the math right, or the proportions correctly done and its a very low priority for Blizzard to fix it now.

1 Like

I could be wrong, most likely I am. But the recent gold nerfs to ilvl 75 items and lower may be a first step for them to adjust scaling in old legion raids? I’m not a coder but I’m sure it’s not as easy as just flicking a switch on to adjust the more intricate events like Eonar in M Antorus to be accomplished by a single player?

This sounds right. But probably wasn’t even a consideration when designing the formulas. This xpac reeks of hastily done work and an understaffed/overworked staff.

But hey why don’t you fire some more employees blizz?

5 Likes

They fired guys in the “esports” division whose job was to promote, advertise, and design stuff for WoW esports which were not a success. They’d have been of little use and possibly even damage to design work like this.

Meanwhile, Blizzard is planning on hiring thousands of new people for game design so…

He’s not even good at raiding, that’s the funny part.

1 Like

Wasn’t it a year or so ago they fired like 800 ppl? That would be the development time for SL.

Even if they do hire thousands more to “fix” things, damage is already done.

2 Likes

I am with you 1000%

I have zero interest in Mythic anything in WoW. In the past on my down time I would go and farm of transmog which would keep me busy during those inbetween times.

The game has zero content to keep me interested atm and not being able to farm our so Legion and BFA well it is time to consider other games to invest my time and money into

I have no memory of that, but that doesn’t mean its not true. I just wasn’t paying any attention at the time. That would have been a poor decision but not a surprising one, given the time frame. That was right in the middle of the 15 days to flatten the curve that turned into more than a year: companies cannot afford to just pay people to sit at home and do nothing. A LOT of people lost their jobs then, and a lot of major companies just shut down forever.

This! EXACTLY this!!!

2 Likes

I don’t believe for one minute they intend to hire more people.

1 Like

I’d argue that making old content “relevant” would keep people playing the game once they complete their daily chores… which would increase subscription rates, not decrease it.

2 Likes

If they didn’t want you playing old content they would delete that content.

1 Like

People like me prefer to solo old raids than do new content. Making all that new content costs money. if they see people not doing new content, the head honchos will ask, “Why are we spending money on new content? Make people play new content, or we cut your budget by 20% next year.”

I worked for a software company for 23 years, this is the corporate mindset.

4 Likes

I AGREE with you 100%

Sadly, the Developers are more interested in having people in Shadowlands to keep their Time Played Metric up; so the Share Holders don’t start to look a little harder at THEM.

/#Stay Safe, Stay Healthy