Disappointing Druid forms?

Am I the only one extremely disappointed with the new travel forms? Id honestly rather not even have these in the game because it takes away from the class, besides the stag but who wanted another one of those? I would have also loved to see a focus on the ground travel forms as they were the ones really lacking. Not to mention trolls already have a bat travel form. An updated cheetah or black cat ground form would be amazing.

9 Likes

You don’t have to use them. I think they’re pretty dope

9 Likes

Figured they’d be more geared toward the races like Zandalari/Kul’tiran received. Guess I’ll stick with my stormcrow. I love the bat, but it’s not very night elfy, and the one for trolls fit them a bit more. Unless we get some vampy druids somewhere…

6 Likes

I personally can’t wait to fly around SW as a raven yelling Caw!Caw!

17 Likes

Okay, Now I want 2 Nelf ladies that look exactly alike dancing in front of a moth while using the “Whole body shrinka” and singing “Mosura! Yah! Mosura! Yah”

2 Likes

How do any of these possibly “take away from the class?”

Druids can turn into a giant owl thing with horns, but turning into a moth or a raven is crossing a line?

I would have loved to see an alternative to the cheetah form (because I prefer how sleek it is compared to the various deer/stag forms), but I don’t see how more options aren’t a good thing regardless.

15 Likes

I am going to be sad about all the people who don’t get this reference. +1 Bokchoi

Are these all that are offered?
I suppose this is the design team telling us that only Night fae or Venthyʻr Druids deserve the love.

*Edit
Ah I now see, this is Datamined stuff… not the end all be all.
Hoping for more covenant and also not covenant themes for these forms.

1 Like

Bc the Druid forms are usually special/unique to druids. The only one that isn’t is cheetah and the reason people like it is usually because it’s sleek, not because it looks great or feels like it fits the class. I know a lot of people were really hoping for a sleek ground form that actually made it feel like you’re playing a Druid. These would make me feel like I might as well be playing a hunter’s pet. These new “forms” are just animal models that are already in the game with no change whatsoever

3 Likes

I had suspected they would just copy some mobs but had hoped for an updated cheetah model. The forms being added aren’t very interesting to me. I am sure someone will like them though.

1 Like

Can’t you do this now? the default flight from for Night Elves is a raven. I use it every time I am in the game because the “Not a Class Mount” form from Legion is so terrible.

1 Like

I wish you could select druid forms from other races within your faction

Example:

I have a NE druid, and I like the Kul’tiran flight form, but don’t want to be a fat human for it.

etc…

1 Like

Yeah but its not as cool looking as the one in the pic. :frowning:

1 Like

Personally I like the lunar wing because it very clearly looks like a Druid, however I do agree that no actual class mount was disappointing. And to your other point I didn’t realize but it does look extremely similar to the nelf form. Also adding bat when there’s already a more Druid like version for trolls just seems lazy.

1 Like

I’ve been playing one lately and the forms are just great looking but yeah its hard to get over the fat human lol. I don’t play resto or balance on her ,just feral and guardian so I rarely see her in human.

Giraffe form. Reach high places.

:giraffe:

8 Likes

Nope. We just got some mob models and nothing unique to druids. No jewelry, no ears or horns or tusks for them. No distinction whatsoever.

I’d rather just not have them at all. It’s lazy.

8 Likes

Speak for yourself.

I love that we’re getting an Ardenmoth travel form.

My only disappointment is they chose 2 animals from Revendreth and 2 from Ardenweald, rther than 1 from each zone.

2 Likes

I don’t. It’s just an NPC moth. There’s nothing different about it. Most of our forms are specific to us, with ears, horns, tusks, jewelry, etc to make it look like we’re druids. This is just slapping us with a regular mob model.

5 Likes

looks at Doe, Cheetah, both Orcas, the Sentinel, the Humble Flyer, etc. forms

4 Likes