Disappointed in the beta handouts

If I was part of a company’s decision, I would rather give streamers keys first than some ordinary player such as you and me. Common sense to get more people excited in a game.

as soon as you replied I got a auto email/pop up on the side of my screen telling me I had a replie even if it wasn’t direct :slight_smile:

1 Like

this beta is not meant to be a testing beta, it is meant to be an advertising beta.

there is nothing anyone can say that will prove this wrong since the streamers are the primary people that got access. i get a strong sensation that the launch will be FILLED with bugs since they are doing it this way. MONEY>QUALITY?

I’m completely fine being a gamma tester…LOL

By the time a “beta” starts the only thing that REALLY matters is the stress tests which are far more open.

While yes, new bugs can still be found, in my experience it isn’t that common for a bug to be found that hasn’t already been documented.

Its still important for beta testers to submit bug reports, though. Because some bugs don’t always happen all the time. And brute forcing your way through the bug replication process to find out the common reason why it is happening to the people effected is useful.

That being said, most beta testers don’t use beta for testing anyways. They don’t care about bugs. If they find a bug they don’t care about relaying the information. They just want to play the game before others. At least with streamers you get the same exact thing, but free publicity.

Experience : 2 years in video game Q&A, in various positions including management

You’re absolutely right, being dissapointed is not throwing a tantrum. Being dissapointed; going on the forums, making a post about how you’re a long time subscriber, insinuating that for that reason you deserve a beta invite, then making a semi veiled insult about how the beta is being given out to streamers:

now, that’s throwing a tantrum.

if you want to start a discussion like you said, then put in why you think it’s a good idea to include more non-streamers, talk about why only giving this to streamers is bad. Make an actual argument that can be discussed.

3 Likes

Don’t worry next week they’re going to invite tons more for their stress tests. The downside being once the stress tests are over, those invited specifically for that purpose will then lose access. But there’s still hope you can crash the Barrens!

Why are you assuming that since this is a marketing beta they haven’t tested for bugs, or that they won’t move on to an open beta to really stress test it, in a month or so?

Also why isn’t this in the Classic forum? Is it so hard to choose Classic Discussion over General Discussion? Or are the optics better here?

Because not as many people visit the classic forum, and this forum maximizes attention.

1 Like

could be, that is why i said “this beta”

Also going to get a lot more people who care little for Classic or its beta access, and are likely to respond as most in here have already responded.

It’s a closed beta with no keys.

Streamers get higher priority on the automated system 'cause it’s free marketing for Blizzard - if you get them saying nice things - the people who are on the fence will or can sub for classic.

I played since beta 1 and have purchased every expansion and in 15 years I have put about 8 thousand dollars into services, mounts, subs, CE editions and could care less about the beta. If its Vanilla WoW then I will play it on release. I have had every beta until yesterday and would it have been nice to try it.“yes” but I don’t have it so ill just keep farming gold till it releases.

1 Like

classic is currently filled with why isnt my favorite streamer not having beta access posts

2 Likes

Anyone remember that MoP beta access debacle? Folks were literally losing their minds.:rofl:

1 Like

Then why are you assuming there won’t be more testing before launch? YHou said that you think the launh will be filled with bugs, but then you say you were only referring to the current “marketing beta”. Why do you think they won’t have a more traditional “testing beta”? Do you have some inside information the rest of us don’t have?

1 Like

Like with everything in World of Gamblingcraft, it’s all RNG. You didn’t get lucky. Simple as that.

1 Like

How many regular, non streamers do you see have access right now? this is clearly an advertising beta. i am not saying it wont change later on.

I also said i sensed it would be filled with bugs because they are using beta testing time as advertising time.

The point of beta is to publicly test the software, server loads, etc that you cant do by yourself as a company.

These streamers are not testing for bugs, they are playing for money.

I think he was more just pointing out the obvious, because the OP couldn’t see the forest from the trees. But that’s just a guess.