Disappointed in the beta handouts

This account has been attached to WOW since day 1, and beforehand with vanilla beta. I have been playing this game a long, long time and was looking forward to being part of the process to polish Classic wow for the masses.
I feel like a lot of long time day 1 players are being left out of the process in favor of streamers but I guess that is the winning recipe now to market a game.

3 Likes

I don’t really see how marketing figures in here, as there’s no initial buy-in for Classic.

1 Like

There is a lot of re subscription possibility for past players who don’t play anymore.

3 Likes

Streamers promote the game, so they give them keys first. Normal players get keys later, it has been like this for years.

9 Likes

A lot of people have left WoW all together. Streamers showing how Classic is going to work may bring back folks who have left. The streamer is about the best free publicity Blizzard can get. Giving them beta keys is essentially empowering a marketing division.

6 Likes

I never quite understood why people get bent out of shape if they don’t get beta access. I am curious as to how people feel entitled to this.

13 Likes

Being a paying subscriber to this game doesn’t entitle you to anything other than what you’ve payed for already.

7 Likes

It’s just a beta so who really cares? Most people who will play this beta will just “play” it and not actually report issues or anything. I hate when that happens. I’d rather get the finished product in this case I’ve already been through vanilla and I do not look back at it with rose-tinted glasses like most other people do.

Never had beta access for a Blizzard game. Been playing since late in Vanilla, couple sub lapses here and there. Like a lot of people who come and go I expect.

I don’t feel like I’m entitled to a key, not expecting one given my luck. But I do resent seeing 20 streams up, what… a couple days after we got an official release date? I’m annoyed by it because I want to play.

Didn’t even realize an invite wave had happened till now.

Obviously. I feel like people just can this response like [citation needed]
Why even have a discussion.

not a streamer not a beta tester simple.

Not trying to be mean, but I wonder if it has anything to do with you only having 18 posts. I assume Blizzard would want people willing to speak their mind on issues.

Having a lot of posts would indicate you MIGHT be passionate enough about the game to let them know.

Not saying this is true, but was a thought I had.

There’s a lot of players returning purely for classic, myself being one of them.

Lots of people get beta invites. Streamers are a minority. Streamers by nature promote the game so naturally they get into things like this. Everyone else(which again, is the vast majority) are simply picked at random.

That is, assuming people are actually aware they have to opt in to even have a chance to get into beta.

I’ve gotten 2 beta’s. Legion and BFA. Managed to break my character via falling through the world quite a bit for Legion(pushing the limits on exploration with glide and double jump, Suramar was evil, lol). Had no desire to mess with BFA. Have played since ye olde days, though I never expect nor assume I’m owed a invite. Random is random.

At the very least make sure you are opted in.

2 Likes

Because there’s not much to have a discussion about, honestly. People either got a key or they didn’t. Streamers are free publicity. It makes sense. I’m not sure what else there is to say on it, really. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

was watching some streamer guy play it.

was kinda awkward

people kept donating him money and he didnt even say thanks lol

one streamer named panser has classic beta already but that’s cause shes a streamer and they get everything first lol hell she even got the next gen VR head set from oculus that isn’t avail to the general public yet as far as I know lol. but hope you get a beta invite thos at some point. hell start streaming WoW an see how fast you get in:)

Yeah I get that. My comment was in reference to the quote. At the risk of speaking for many I think most people can agree that a sub doesn’t entitle you to anything other than 1 month of game time. Not the point of the discussion.

this is true. and not sure if you were talking to me but I wasn’t quoting you btw:) but I do agree with you tho

You have no proven value as a beta tester… Streamers on the other hand, because they stream, should know the game inside and out, and have proven they know the game and how it is supposed to work.

Don’t take it personally… the fact you didn’t get a beta invite isn’t a slight against you as a loyal player. If you want to be considered for any game’s beta program, you have to have proven knowledge of the game and its many mechanics.

(i say this with the caveat that lots of non-streamers also got into the beta who may or may not have demonstrated they understand the game… you weren’t lucky, but certainly you didn’t prove your value beforehand to increase your chances)

All good mon amis, not at you.

Initially I was responding to @Rhielle who makes a solid point. The discussion kind of shifted to canned responses not really bring anything to the topic and not in reference to her post.

Still not 100% clear for me on who gets notified in /reply or [quote] combinations.