Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters

Flying sounded like a part one thing to me, yet here we are.

5 Likes

C’mon, you guys got a better solution for this. You talk about how the twinks became viable with the XP off and now you gonna disable an entire bracket? My first (and only) one is pvping in the 110-119 and ill be forced to leave it and start going for another bracket with less people and longer Q times? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

ABSOLUTELY ASININE CHANGE BLIZZARD! What the heck are y’all thinking. What if someone stops at 110 because they want to twink at that particular level for a variety of other reasons. Why punish tons of players for the actions of so few. What the heck man.

FURTHERMORE, THIS IS YET ANOTHER DECISION WHERE BLIZZARD SHOULD NOT BE CARING WHAT THEIR PLAYERS ARE DOING. They pay you 15 dollars a month. WHY DO YOU CARE HOW FAST OR NOT FAST SOMEONE LEVELS?

19 Likes

heh…yeah. Like forcing me to do pathfinder will make me play how they want me to play.
Not.
I just stopped playing BfA altogether, as well Legion and WoD.
Got this wide open world and STILL trying to force me thru the maze like a rat.

10 Likes

Is it really that game breaking? Jesus, Blizzard tell your employees to take up a hobby. I hear golf is good, burn of some stress, bring you back to reality, maybe get reacquainted with having fun?

14 Likes

Why not tell everyone you dont want any customers anymore? You continuously “fix” any shred of fun and leave the rest of this dumpster fire untouched. Thanks Activision, long time consumer of all things blizzard but anymore its just ridiculous.

7 Likes

How about you fix horrible server lag that I experience on daily basis instead of fixing what isn’t broken?

11 Likes

No god no. I dont want them stinking up the golf course…or the rules.

1 Like

Well–and please don’t throw flaming bottles at me–but I appreciate the proactive communication.

We’ve asked them to tell us BEFORE they do things and to communicate changes. At least they did that here. They told us when and they told us why. That’s improvement, even if we don’t like the decision.

I halted xp at 90-something on my goblin shaman because I wasn’t done in the MoP content, and I didn’t want to level out of WoD before leaving Pandaria. I planned on stopping her at 110 to do the same in Legion. I wanted to do pathfinder and see all the content I missed there.

So, this makes me sad/unhappy/whatever you want to call it.

BUT…they communicated it. So that’s a good thing, and I appreciate it.

8 Likes

They are figuring out that players are enjoying 110-119 game play.
so I guess when players are having fun lets stop them.

5 Likes

Pathfinding is done on the ground. Makes sense.

hi activision how ya doin

10 Likes

Glad I decided against twinking my 110 paladin and just biting the bullet and leveling.

I hope the devs realize the actual problem is with level scaling and the decrease in relative power as we level.

11 Likes

TL;DR “We found a spider in the kitchen so we burned down the house.”

I’ve never turned off XP on any character of any level, so this doesn’t effect me. But, I bet there are players out there who want to turn off XP just so they can stay in Legion. I mean, I’ve considered turning off XP on an alt to stay in MoP, I just never did.
Anyway, sure seems like there would have been a more elegant “fix” for this, like, people grouped with a player with their XP turned off would receive less exp or something, instead of just removing a game feature from everyone.

32 Likes

How about fixing you IOC bugs in battlegrounds.

4 Likes

lets nerf the smallest bit of fun left in this dogsht game.

company run by idiots these days.

22 Likes

Gratz Blizzard – I have never used this system but to punish players who use it for legit purposes is BS. I hope Activision stocks plummet even more and more and more til the company goes backrupt. The company is already morally backrupt might as well make there company financially that way too.

I will NEVER spend another real life dollar in the game until this company decides to find a balance between making a profit and the gamer. All the actions we see are now Profit 1st , 2nd 3rd … and maybe 50 to 100 spots down the gamer is taken into account.

13 Likes

So you cannot lock your character at 110 anymore? Meaning we can’t stay in Legion content now?

5 Likes

I used up all my likes for the day liking all the posts in this thread saying what a crap change this is… so for everyone posting against this - you get many, many likes and all my love for the day - even if the forums don’t let me do so.

(edit - lol its still letting me click the likes, even though it gives me the error message each time)

20 Likes

So rather than fixing the underlying issues with scaling… they are just turning off a feature for people… OK way to close that JIRA ticket. :roll_eyes:

18 Likes