Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters

No not just one here’s Lore on an important change… finally a blue deals with the real problem.

3 Likes

They must want really want players to stop playing there smelly game.

7 Likes

I don’t think so. A lot of people have stopped playing their 120 characters because they don’t have anything of interest to do there, and they’re playing twinked 110’s. There’s also a lot of people doing 110 content, many of them still at 110.

They think this will improve utilization of the garbage “content” they gave us ingrates and push us to raid and do high keys on all our characters.

Next thing they’re going to do is accelerate the retuning of 110 end content so that 110’s will no longer be able to do it, just like they have already done to 100 level end content, which can no longer be done by a 100 level.

They are going to force us all to play the game right even if it means destroying the game entirely.

8 Likes

People found a way around buying boosts but dont worry they “fixed” that.

10 Likes

Remember the thing where Blizzard is being portrayed as losing touch with its player base? Yeah… punishing players for using systems you gave us to make your game more enjoyable is one of the things you guys need to STOP DOING!

12 Likes

These kinds of changes are exactly why the playerbase is pissed. You’re investing time in issues that aren’t as pressing as other aspects that actually deserve and need attention. What I don’t understand is why this is randomly a problem now? The same thing happened in Legion with 101 twinks decked out in BoEs and this has been an ongoing situation for years. Why not invest some more time in Class and Azerite tuning so that we can enter Battle For Dazar’alor in a fairly comfortable place instead of having some Azerite that are 5-10x worse than other traits.

12 Likes

So my characters I want to use for farming and have them stop below 115 so I can still use the Legion legendaries are going to level when I don’t want them to? Awesome. I love when I can’t do what I want with characters I have to pay for. It’s like if Pizza Hut told me I couldn’t get what I wanted on my pizza and still charged me for it. Great way of doing business. Especially when you’ve already ticked people off.

11 Likes

I urge you to make it announce to the player when they log in that their XP is now turned on again. I would be so angry if one of my XP off characters gained a level without me being aware it was gaining experience and might actually quit the entire game over it.

2 Likes

This 100%. Please reverse this change blizzard

5 Likes

My wife and I have some characters with XP turned off at 110 so we can goof off in Legion…and because BfA kinda sucks.

I really want to type the f-word right now. Ok, here goes. I’ll take that risk. What the FINKLESTEIN!?!

This “change” really does bite the big one.

20 Likes

It was important to a lot of people. There were people REALLY upset about it. It’s an easy fix, so I’m glad they gave it to them. I have no idea what Smoochums looks like, but I know it was important to people because like 10 threads of people going hysterically ballistic got posted here about it.

I’m surprised your “team” still has jobs at this point. I really am. Happy holidays to the players, here’s your coal, take it and like it. Why did I come back after not playing for years again? I am having a hard time figuring that one out lately.

8 Likes

So now my 110 Twink I made for the purpose of PvPing in the 110 only bracket is dead? Great.

9 Likes

I don’t participate in these type of “carry runs” but I do think this is a knee jerk reaction to something that does not cause any harm and actually provides a much requested service ingame. All this solution does is “force” players to level through content, that obviously they do not want to, and LFG for island expos (which I have found is not worth it bc those groups lack coordination and take too long). So what if ppl want a power level, Blizz was fine with it in Legion with 101 twinks with 840 gear powerleveling through dungeons but powerleveling through Island Expos is different or wrong somehow. This is a hamfisted attempt to push players to level through content they have probably leveled 4+ toons through already. Most if not all just want to get to endgame and dungeon/raid or BG. I really believe its not that ppl are powerleveling other players, its the rate at which they are reaching max level. This is so disappointing considering how poorly Blizz as a company has been treating its player base, I guess we are the “vocal minority” again, right? Very poor decision and as on par with Blizz’s track record lately, poorly communicated that this was even something being discussed.

7 Likes

Are we certain that people are disabling XP to stay 110, as some sort of exploit - and not just because BFA is killing WOW and they want no part of it?

7 Likes

Thats not a game breaker and could be fixed at any time… instead they focus on a fix for a pet. Sorry but while I feel for those affected its not game breaking.

1 Like

The actual forum sub for that is “waffles”, as in what the waffles are they thinking?

I guess if there’s only a few thousand players left that will make it easier to port wow to mobile.

4 Likes

Wow I guess level boost sales took a serious hit if you’re now addressing this issue people reported months ago.

4 Likes

“This is a short sighted fix that’s not going to go over well” is BFA in a nutshell.

12 Likes

Game breaking for whom? Not for you, clearly. But seeing the level of outrage on the forums, I’d guess it’s gamebreaking for a lot of people who are going to stop playing for the holidays and never come back.

7 Likes