Dire Maul coming out next week

I feel like I play a crap load, and I am only level 54, just enjoying myself throughout the process. I wish I had more time to play, but now I shall have another dungeon to run and WPvP soon, I cannot wait!

Citation needed.

You don’t have an argument. Your entire routine here is nothing more than “i’ve got mine, nobody else matter, roll out content the instant i want it, it doesn’t matter how far behind me anyone else is”. You have no sense of pacing or balance.

It’s not about me as an individual, or any individual. It’s the broad philosophy behind the game. And a rush mentality is not what I thought Classic was about. It was about the experience, the journey. Soaking it in and taking our time. Instead Blizzard is just basing decisions on the small amount of players who throw that experience and journey to the wayside, and speed through it all.

If this is who Blizzard is trying to appeal to, then so be it. But that’s not me. And it’s not the philosophy I thought was behind Classic. But I’m not a rash person. I’ll take some time and think things through before making a decision.

3 Likes

Its obvious that vanilla fans were not who blizz was catering to. But. Retailers.

Yeah cause having a life is bad…what are you 16? lol…

I’m not sure why you keep blaming retail players when it was the private serer community doing the majority of rushing.

If you’re playing Classic for the Raids - you’re probably a retailer.

3 Likes

Clearly blizzard forgot how faceroll vanilla was/is.

You know that old saying, if you tell a lie and tell it a lot, it suddenly becomes the truth. This was pretty much the population that were fixated on the “difficulty” of Vanilla.

Classic raiding/progression is a joke by modern retail raiding. Classic raids are basically LFR. Just faceroll.

it’s literally in what you’ve bolded.

go look up everquest TLP server; the release date of the different expansion are public and pre-determined. Selo’s, mangler and so on. they release expension on a 3 month or a 6 month schedule, some of them bundled together ( LoY with PoP, PoR with DoDH… original only lasting 3 month instead of 2-something year and so on).

You don’t have an argument. Your entire routine here is nothing more than “i’ve got mine, nobody else matter, roll out content the instant i want it, it doesn’t matter how far behind me anyone else is”. You have no sense of pacing or balance.

no, the argument is people at the top are already leaving classic cause there’s nothing to do… and there is nothing to do after your weekly clear. you can’t expect people to just come back in 3 months or however long it take to get BGs out… only a fraction of those who leave will come back.

on the other hand, your argument is ‘’ well, some people aren’t here YET, so we should all wait for them’’… as if that happened back in 2004, or as if the once-a-week casual logger will ever ‘catch up’ to the hardcore-minded.

Way to early.

maybe it was what you tought it would be.

but, as you surely noticed, there’s a rather signficant portion that do not think like you… maybe because absolutely nothing is new in classic, every single quest is known, every single detail about the lore is known, every single boss mechanic, ability, strategy, loot, spec… is known… so there’s absolutely no journey/experience/soaking it in to be done… not that the 40th variation of ‘‘go kill X and bring Y back to me’’ is particularly interesting… how many people read quest text, would you bet? My guesstimate is in the single-digit.

If this is who Blizzard is trying to appeal to, then so be it. But that’s not me. And it’s not the philosophy I thought was behind Classic

you do realize that back in 2005, blizz had no problem pairing green/blue geared PuG against AQ/Naxx gear rank 13’s in BGs?

non hardcore raider feeling like 2nd class citizen IS definately part of the classic experience.

The main issue here is how much time it takes to complete a raid and how many players are in each raid. There is also the issue of how DM affects gold/consumable farming and lets not forget about the buffs. Anyone can clear a MC with 40 players but the real challenge is going be reducing the amount of players you have in one raid group. Less players will equal faster gearing and collecting of off set gear pieces.

yeah, I’m sure APES, grizzly and co. aren’t eager at all for new content or battleground.

Wait a minute. So your basis for a content release cycle being dictated by the progression status of players who already have everything on farm is a classic Everquest progression server that is cramming a new expansion in every 4 weeks?! If Classic WoW went at the same pace, we’d be on Naxx by next February! What you’re describing would utterly annihilate Classic WoW! You’re out of your mind!

Again, this is your diseased brain talking. The number of people quitting because they’re “done” is effectively zero. No one quits for the reason you’re describing until they’ve finished gearing in MC/Ony. You’re so clueless about so many things that I don’t think it’s a good use of my time to deal with you any more. You’re just too far beneath me.

Well as far as gearing and gold goes, the players ruined it using exploits -not blizzard.

If amything dire maul is a way to balance out the cheaters that got away with exploiting and those that didnt.

Its really net 0.

and it’s now 5 week after the world first kill?

sorry, did you try to make a point here?

What does the world first kill of one guild have to do with anything. The main point is that the majority of players still have content to play so there is no point in rushing the content by adding in OP catch up gear. There is no need to releases DM with its superior gear when there is already plenty of gear to farm in the game as is.

EQ expension aren’t exactly like WoW tier release…

but yeah. why not. imagine going into naxx in a mix of dungeon blue and few lucky pieces from MC and BWL instead of a fully AQ-geared raid who will clear the entire thing in few hour on release day.

wouldn’t you want a challenge? see who can distinguish themselve with limited gear as opposed to who logs in first on patch day?

sounds amazing to me.

Again, this is your diseased brain talking. The number of people quitting because they’re “done” is effectively zero. No one quits for the reason you’re describing until they’ve finished gearing in MC/Ony. You’re so clueless about so many things that I don’t think it’s a good use of my time to deal with you any more.

I mean, you’re talking to a raid logger right now, and only about 20 people from our original rag kill were present on our last rag kill… but hey, I guess you know more!

Oh, and I really want to know how many people will quit because BGs comes out… ‘‘oh no, we actually have some PvP that doesn’t involve camping flight path or watching group of mage AoE raid team in blackrock mountain! that’s dreadfull i’m quitting’’

You’re just too far beneath me.

thanks for making me laugh.

the majority of player… casual jo… will never raid.

there’s is no progression to be done in MC… one-shotting everything on your first clear is common. DM gear won’t change anything.

if you wanted to experience MC in green and stuff… either you should’ve lvl’d faster, or find a like-minded guild willing to undergear themselve. in both case, DM release doesn’t affect you.