Dire Maul coming out next week

You seem to be one of those deeply confused individuals who is incapable of thinking outside the box of their own wants.

If you want a casual game, maybe BfA is what you should be playing.

I don’t know. But you’re making my point for me. If Blizz is doing this to appease a tiny fraction of the playerbase who rushed through the leveling process, then that’s a very bad sign. As I said, it’s not just this decision but the reasoning behind it. It demonstrates who Blizzard is catering Classic to and dictating release schedules for. And it’s not for the ‘Classic audience’, which I consider myself part of.

It’s this kind of game development philosophy that drove me from the game the first time around. And once again I feel…unwanted as a player. So going forward I can now expect all manner of design decisions centered around the 1% of the playerbase who rush through the content. That’s precisely what they shouldn’t be doing and what Classic shouldn’t be about.

2 Likes

Yeah the thing is for a lot of these players WoW is their part-time or full-time job. They arent gainfully employed, so the difference between part-time and full-time is serious.

Its how you truly feel immersion - not working and playing classic 60+ hours a week. Without overtime, you are not working hard enough.

1 Like

and the ‘central mass’ keep changing as people at the top leave due to boredom.

10/10.

RIP my progression through those early raids

2 Likes

i do hit the gym 5 day a week 2 hour at a time.

it’s 8% of my day, 5 day per week. I don’t think it’s that much. difference is, after 2 hours of intense physical activity your body just can’t handle more.

wonder how much time the average person waste on facebook/twitter/reddit/… wow forum…

1 Like

and you seem to be one of those ‘special people’ who think the ‘‘anyone who play more than me is a no-lifer and therefor we shouldn’t listen to him’’ argument is passable.

as you obviously know, but chose to ignore. everybody have a different version of what ‘rushing’ is.

but I’m glad you think you are more valuable than them… atleast you’re being honest about it.

Not complaining really, but it’s kind of a headscratcher, actually… the funny thing is, I don’t remember any of the complainers asking for DM. It’s always honor/BG’s and more raid content.

And for those complaining about MC being too easy, DM has catchup loot that is just going to make it even easier.

No; what you are saying is factually incorrect. If it were true, there would be no successful MMOs. Every single one of them would have bled out. There has never been an MMO that blasted out new content the very instant the 1% cleared the first tier, at least not one that has survived any test of time. Point me to one. I dare you.

The content release schedule you’re imagining, and how the industry works, is a twisted vision produced by a brain diseased by the inability to imagine anything beyond watching your own personal numbers going up. You are ignoring people who take breaks, or resub, or just stay subbed while they find other things to do, or, god forbid, helping their guildmates gear up. It’s also pretty obvious you’re a PVE carebear, but that’s your decision to ignore the boundless content provided by fighting other players.

This thing is much larger than your own narrow field of view.

give us the new AH too.

if you want progression, BFA mythic raid are there for you.

molten core is more of a ‘’ one-shot everything up to and including rag unless your raid is brain-dead’’ kind of deal.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what all these Zoomers want.

cause it’s a step.

not a big enough step, but a step in the right direction nevertheless.

as i’ve said above, if we keep pushing maybe we can get BGs in november.

Where I am from, we use terms like VC, USA, and Merica…

No. I’m the guildmaster of a 300+ active player guild and I’ve been farming rag for weeks. All of my BIS is done. I’m the 1%.

ooooooooooor…

new MMO wouldn’t be holding back on releasing content.

Actually it’s kind of the opposite that happen : content get rushed through the gate to keep people happy…good thing we don’t really have to worry about the ‘rushed’ part since it’s all done, and blizz just have to turn a switch on.

and hey, we do have many example of MMO doing classic/ TLP stuff : EQ for example have it’s classic server release content at 5X (or faster) the original rate just to keep player interested!

indeed, things are much larger than your narrow field of view… too bad history and reality isn’t on your side.

good for you!

the argument remains, and withholding content cause some people play more than other remains stupid, doesn’t matter who said it.

Not really a fan of this. Not because I’m not 60 yet (hit 55 today, had a 10 day vacation in So Cal 2 weeks ago). But because I’m worried Blizz is pushing the timeline too fast in general. DM launched 3 1/2 months after Vanilla released. Now we’re getting it in 7 weeks?

And I don’t see who this benefits. Those who burned through content and got to 60 in a few weeks who’ve cleared MC 4-5 times and killed Ony maybe 7? That population is guaranteed to be less than 1% of the player base. Those folks really don’t need the loot provided from DM. While there might be a few pieces that upgrade them in the short term, most of it will be improved through raiding. And it won’t benefit the many players who are level 53 and below who are still working on leveling up - since they won’t be running DM at launch. So we’re talking them relatively small number of players who are 1) Level 54-59 when DM releases (since you need to be at least level 54 to start equipping drops from DM), or 2) Level 60 players who don’t plan on raiding. And its that 2nd group that REALLY worries me. It’s 6 weeks since Classic launched and I get the feeling Blizzard is already getting ready to cater to the “I’m max level and don’t want to raid but still want great loot” crowd. The exact thing many feel lead to the disaster we see in WoW Retail today.

Also, I imagine that Quel’Serrar will be coming with DM (I mean, why wouldn’t it). Top tier tanking weapon that lasts until Naxx that’s essentially AH purchasable (with only needing to kill Ony after buying it) only weeks after Classic launch doesn’t worry anyone else?

Again, not seeing why it’s better that DM launch next week instead of several months down the road with P2. Then again, I’m not playing a class that can solo farm DM for tons of gold either…so maybe that’s it…

1 Like