Difference between Red and Green dragons?

Besides the color, don’t both dragonflights consider being ‘life’ based beings in terms of power?

I mean Green Dragons are druidic, but druids do use Life magic. Red Dragons represent life as well, but like…they breathe fire?

What…what makes them different?

2 Likes

Green Dragonflight is heavily focused on the Emerald Dream and its sort of ephemeral “theoretical life” phase of reality. Reds seem to be focused more on the physical and real life in the world.

Also green dragons breathe acid. Totally different /s

6 Likes

Red dragons protect life, like creatures, and green dragons protect the whole of nature. I can understand how the two blur together.

3 Likes

Which used to be a big deal. Originally the Emerald Dream was envisioned as a blueprint, the back-up which would be drawn upon if Azeroth were ever to be Reoriginated. Ion and Danuser have kind of tag-teamed the Emerald Dream and made it lore-irrelevant and so the Green Dragons have kind of ended up without purpose.

1 Like

Capsaicin level

3 Likes

Red = meat
Green = plants

4 Likes
3 Likes

One is red and other is green ?

2 Likes

For now, anyways. Now that we know Elune is a Life Titan type thing, there’s undoubtedly some more drama coming for the Emerald Dream at some point. Honestly given the ties to the Greens, I wouldn’t be surprised if we wound up going there this expansion.

1 Like

Same tho. Thank you, Prilosec.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Well it certainly FEELS like that. Unfortunately more choking, less cool fire spitting.

Green dragons maintain the emerald dream.

Red dragons focus on the physical plane.

They get together once a year and channel the power of Christmas

2 Likes

I used to think Red protect the physical plane of Life while Green protects the emerald dream aka non physical life.

Now, I’m not so sure…

1 Like

I’m also interested in the answer. :slight_smile:

Green dragons are mostly sleeping the whole day.
Red dragons are mostly flying the whole day.

1 Like

I don’t know about Red Dragons, but I hear that Green Dragons are great places to kick back with a pint or two…

1 Like

The green one is for nighttime and the red one is for daytime.

They’re the vicks cold medicine of dragons.

2 Likes

Red = Life, as in the preservation of the physical health of living things.

Green = Nature, as in the preservation of Azeroth’s natural ecosystems and the Emerald Dream.

4 Likes