Didn't recieve replacement Timewalking Cache

I never received a replacement timewalking cache that i received a Forbidden Flounder from

1 Like

Same but for Flame-Warped Curio

Flounder gang! Still waiting for new cache.

+1 flounder. I was contacted by GM saying it should be inventory and another GM saying it should be in mail and if it isn’t by now there is nothing that can be done unfortunately. I am going to keep the fishy in my bank forever :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This but Curio for me.

This is what was sent:
"Thanks for contacting us about mistakenly receiving a reward with the wrong item level, or a Fobidden Flounder, or a Flame-warped Curio, from new Season 4 activities that rewarded a Cache of Awakened Treasures.

I understand it’s frustrating when in-game activities don’t work as intended and I am sorry you were affected by an issue like this. Sadly, Customer Support cannot assist with replacing a random item of the wrong item level and so requests of this nature cannot be fulfilled. Any eligible cases that could be resolved by our development team have now been resolved by them: Opened timewalking Cache before hotfix - #31 by Kaivax

If you did not receive a replacement cache, then unfortunately it was not possible to resolve the issue in your case.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, and our apologies for any inconvenience caused."

I understand the GMs hands are tied… but there needs to be some avenue of escalation.

I just got the same response, and I also received the Curio. I opened my cache on Wednesday to be clear.

Also just got the same response and also got a curio

1 Like

Curio GANG

I have finally received a non-automated reply, and I am less than thrilled. So here it is in full, and I hope the rest of you are as unhappy about this as I am.

"It’s our understanding that you received a 441 Flame-Warped Curio from your recent Timewalking cache and you were hoping to receive a reward that was level appropriate

This was a known issue where Caches of Awakened Treasure from the Burning Crusade Timewalking quest were rewarding items that were lower level than expected. This has been fixed by the developers and rewards received before the fix were exchanged for level appropriate Caches

It was also possible when opening these caches that you could receive a 441 Flame-Warped Curio from your Timewalking cache. We can confirm this is not an issue under any further investigation and no exchange will be possible for this item. We definitely understand this is less than ideal and we are very sorry you ended up with this token which has no use in the new season, but with regret we must confirm it is not possible to seek an exchange or swap to optimum loot here. Customer Services cannot exchange your Flame-Warped Curio for an item of your choosing or provide you any sort of alternative proposal and we are truly sorry about that."

(I’m not asking customer support to replace my loot, but I’m not going to sit and wait for a dev to look at all these forums about the same issue, just to not tell me that I’m out of luck anyway.)

3 Likes

Okay but the Curios and Flounders arent even gear so why not offer compensatory gear? We did the work so we just get nothing for it? that’s bogus

3 Likes

Yeah, just a complete failure of the process

You’d think even just getting us a new cache shouldn’t be game breaking. I sent them several tickets explaining that my flounder is not helping kill bosses and thus compensation is needed. Sadly its falling on deaf ears.

1 Like

I have been to three different forums about this same issue, and not a single dev response still. Disappointed is an understatement. This whole thing really wouldn’t be THAT bad if we were receiving SOMETHING. Even if I could just redeem it for old transmog. Unusable = unacceptable IMO. I would have rather received GOLD. :frowning:

We need to keep this issue going because there will be a next time… and next time they might not even fix it for the people who got lower ilvl gear…

1 Like

+1 flounder and 2x GM responses saying nothing can be done if I haven’t received in mail/inventory by now.

Feels bad got the curio and told to go f myself pretty much so come back hype for the dungeon changes just to have all the steam taken away by blizz… Not sure why i expected any different to be honest…

1 Like

Still waiting for a replacement cache…

Gotta love waiting on them to fix this bug… /s