Did you really just break another promise?

You failed on your promise on Community Council.

You promised to not tie player power to the new zone.
We have legendaries locked behind it, we have gem slots locked behind them, now you just released conduit upgrades???

This is literally same as korthia.

How disgusting. Complete lack of integrity.

143 Likes

The question you should be asking is why people keep thinking stuff will be handed to them when it never has been?

Waste a lot of energy and time shouting at clouds.

10 Likes

it’s just PTR. I’m sure it won’t be like that during release.

(it will).

45 Likes

Ikr.
They said they wouldn’t and now it’s literally the same as korthia.

I mean if they do they this in game I wonder if they will really stop being bigoted at work place as well.

Just disgusting mentality. You should be ashamed blizzard

26 Likes

if you’re not racing for world first, does it really matter though?

i find that the ‘new power’ comes so front-heavy that by the time you hit a progression wall (usually boss #4 in mythic), any external power has already accumulated and there’s little to no new gains coming in.

it actually makes progression so front-heavy and the tail end of a tier drags on and on. this being a final tier content will be double long too… so 3 weeks of outdoor content won’t make it any worse. we got 9-12 months of this tier?

1 Like

Hero…pick one of 3/4 weapons. run quest. Profit. how legion starts.

few levels later…want another one? Go here

Since this is the class order hall…errr covenant lego the 190 at least could be a gimme. Nay even 210.

in terms of employers…the ones we got in SL have been pretty…cheap really.

I mean they don’t even give away now useless 197 armour. Not even asking for free. I’d pay modest anima per piece. Dont need to run story Renethal. KNow how it ends. KT lives since its wrong to kill him. Before he gets promoted to raid boss anyway…

3 Likes

I couldn’t put it better. :handshake:

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s really about how the ability to equip two legendaries is acquired but more about the principle, the fact that they stated they’re going to avoid doing this and then back out on their words. This makes some people wonder if Blizzard is capable of changing at all.

15 Likes

my guess is either a top exec or some analytics are driving that turnaround. companies in any industry try very hard not to change things after they talked to the customers about it unless they absolutely must.

2 Likes

Doesn’t take into account casuals.

It doesn’t. People just want to be mad.

Where did they say they wouldn’t tie player power to Zereth Mortis? I think I missed this one.

3 Likes

Someone posted a link to the video in the other few threads on this topic. Morgan Day interview.

I’d agree with this if this was another company, but in the case of Blizzard… lol

They never promised they would take casuals into account on this topic tbf. If they really wanted to, it can drop off end boss in LFR, that way, they essentially put a time gate on this for casual and it’s not zero effort.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll go watch it.

tbf the conduit thing is a one time buys thing with gold , that require no grind of a special recources and will upgrade all of your conduit in 1 shot.

if compared to kortia where not only you had to have the rep but you also had to farm the curency which made it a double grind

its quite an upgrade in quality of life id say

i would add that there has to be something in the game that explain why you couldnt use 2 leggo before and now you can .its an mmorpg not fortnite where you loot a random chest out there and get the best stuff possible.

1 Like

The one that’s edited to leave off what he was talking about, which was not Zereth Mortis?

4 Likes

I think conduit is worse actually. According to wowhead, it requires both rep and KSM, killing all bosses on mythic in the new raid, or 2400 rating in pvp. Hardcore players don’t want to grind the rep, and most casuals are unlikely to earn those achievements.

If they want conduits to be hardcore only, then don’t tie it to the rep; if it’s for everybody, then why the achievement requirements?

2 Likes

how did we go from gem slots to bigots lol

This…I have pondered once or twice.

odd dev calls, defy logic and if being nice go I don’t a dev would do that in good conscience…something made it happen.

Something being someone in a suit. from the executive floor.

Theory I drew up after Bethesda’s creation club crap. It had some of my fave mods authors up in that.

and their CC work just had the soul of their independent mod work ripped out of it. I mean 1 or 2 MA’s…they had fun at the crafting tables in their independent work. it take minutes to see it all. their creation club work? so barren, so boring…so uninspired.

I never blamed the MA’s. I know some suit or maybe even Todd directed that crap to be done.

You’re kinda missing the point (deliberately if i had to guess), deceiving your customers is never a good thing. This reminds me of the WoD attempt to remove flying thing, Ion swore black and blue that we’d get flying at the first content patch of WoD and the delay was just a trial thing, then they pushed it further and further and eventually came clean that they were never going to give it back anyway.

As a customer, i felt like he lied just to get me to sink some time into WoD because had he been completely honest, i probably wouldn’t have purchased it at all.

12 Likes

i gotta say i dont really understand people getting angry over rep grind .

its an mmorp ,repgrind is like one of the most basic/core thing out there in the mmorpg genre

rep are not hard to get ,proof is in the first patch of SL i never actualy did my venary sht cause i deeply hated the maw , guess what im still max rep with venary rn .people will all get it eventualy no one is holding you at gunpoint and forcing you to be exalted on week 1 and its not like more casual player absolutly need gem/max ilvl conduit to be able to do world quest or transmog farm

the only people for who the rep is an actual grind are the people who actualy need these upgrade to push higher content .

2 Likes

It is GD. If someone is angry enough things will happen.

Also leaving some cookies in the hopes that things stay somewhat chill. They are not of the normal Wonderland variety. So they are safe.

2 Likes