Did WoW break TSM finally?

looks like I called it again.

that or maybe a daily cancel limit. If we’re needing to cancel more than twice in a daily reset we probably need to learn to pay more attention, lol

This can be looped quite easily.

Post 200 of something - Get undercut - Post 200 of something - Get undercut

12 hour posting duration expires - Repeat.

1 Like

I’ll be the adult in the room and /ignore you now.

This would fix a lot, yes. Enough time to correct a mistake if you left off a zero (or put 1 too many).

1 Like

None of these suggestions to stop AH vultures are going to work. The only thing that stops me from crafting the 25 291 Legendaries I have the mats for is the time I would have to spend in front of the AH to sell 1 posting 1 at a time. The vultures will always have that time.

I don’t see that as a problem. My fix is to stop people canceling auctions. If we’re selling a commodity that you can expect 50 to sell, my 5 shouldn’t make a difference in that. It’s like farmers undercutting each other when selling to the government. Sure, the government would buy your corn for 10 cents less per ear than all the other farmers sold for, but they were gonna buy all the corn anyway.

If I am that desperate to make my 5 potions sell, I’d just list at a price point lower than what I think you would be comfortable going and just rely on you buying me out to relist and sell yourself at whatever markup you think you can get.

I do next to no AHing. I have my own army of alts and/or connections to make whatever I need, generally speaking but what I am tired of, specifically, is playing bidding cancel wars with someone on a 291 base piece. Instead of just listing for his ungodly overpriced amount like everyone else, he’s setting low bid amounts to push his to the top and then just cancelling a few hours later. He’s tying my money up on his hijinks.

I know full well I can just buyout and be done with it, but it’s the principle of the thing. He lists an item for a price, I accepted the price. He shouldn’t get to cancel because he’s hoping for more. I don’t know of any single auction that stops an auction mid bidding.

lmao…you would have hated me on ebay, lol. If my auctions werent going for what I wanted Id cancel them as late as I possibly could. They might have needed to change their system over the last couple years over people like me doing that kind of crap.

If you are undercutting within a second. You are either botting or have inhuman reflexes.

literally not at all. find an ah with a mailbox within reach, have a second WoW account running and just keep hitting the cancel scan in TSM all day long.
Very easy and very quick unless they broke it.

Because there are only 2 players who are ever posting auctions at once.

lol…actually a while back i made a video (before screwtube striked that channel into dust, lmao) showing two games running and why the AH mount is a waste of gold. You can literally play the game on one monitor while cancel scanning all day long on the other.
Got quite a few hate filled rants in the comments over there when i posted it lmao

Inb4 someone says using ah gold to pay for a second account is degenerate p2w. :grimacing:

1 Like

Just limit AH postings to 50 per day. It would solve 90%+ of our current AH problems.

And no, if “playing the AH is how you play WoW”… then you aren’t playing WoW as intended. You’ve found some little niche that you enjoy… and that’s fine. Up to and until the point you are ruining the game for everyone else. There is such a thing as “critical mass” and in the last 4-5 years, we’ve hit it with these AH addons.

People might enjoy reading “A Tale of Two Cities” and counting how many times the word “open” is used. That doesn’t mean that’s why Dickens’ wrote it.

Same thing here.

The current AH situation needs fixed.

Possibly. I haven’t even been to Ebay’s site since my college days which are now well into double digits now. I was under the impression though ebay would flag/nuke your account though if you were doing that but I don’t know.

People doing this on WoW should definitely open up a store and do it there too…see how long it lasts. Place a sticker on a product saying X, let the customer take it up to the register and you go “lawl psych…it’s really X + Y” and see where that get’s you.

1 Like

I don’t use an ah add on and post hundreds of auctions a day. Sometimes I’ll spend an hour or two doing the dance of reposting but most of the time is I am logged in doing other things. If you had inscription or alchemy you’d understand how silly your suggestion is.

1 Like

You’re having fun the wrong way. :rage:

1 Like

I do have Inscription (I have at LEAST one of every profession).

And that’s why I said 90% … and not 100%. I’m allowing that it’s not perfect. But SOMETHING needs to be done.

I think even Ion said that AH isn’t intended to be the main game but to unload some stuff you don’t need.

1 Like

i feel the same way about people who wpvp