Did WoW break TSM finally?

Show me on the doll where the bad goblin touched you…

TSM servers are having issues which are being fixed. Don’t worry. It’s a very good and useful addon.

Also if you’re so against it, then how do you know the servers are down?

1 Like

Uber delivery will surpass that time in profits. (rough example)
As long as its a human doing it! The other should never be happening imo.

It violates free market principles tbh. You list an item for X, someone agrees to pay you X and the money is given, why should you get to suddenly decide X wasn’t a good enough price? People who mess up and list auctions for less gold and get bought out aren’t owed pity from their customer just like if I stupidly overpay and then someone lists it cheaper I’m not owed a refund.

3 Likes

lmao…oh yeah…the urge to make that dude insane for the next month would just be too overwhelming. Id just destroy the market for anything I saw the guy selling…even if i have to go farm it myself lol

2 Likes

Nobody is complaining about 400g items being posted lol. Also, I mean good for you, so can all your competitors in the market. High volume items don’t need a whole bunch of cancel scanning. I made MILLIONS in bfa selling bags, no matter how many i listed.

what would kill delisting real quick is the game looks at the current price for the item in question and thats your delisting fee, lol.

Was legit the most cartoon meme villain mail ever, I had it screenshot for a while but my pc is in storage in Canada :frowning: sent it to all my friends.
Legit thought I was being trolled till I saw he was heavily in the market and it was serious.

2 Likes

What would also kill delisting is just limiting the amount you can do in a day and it being account wide. Sure you can trickle list your stuff if you want, but that is your prerogative and still means your higher-priced listings of the same products possibly won’t sell and takes a lot more time on your end. Something something spending pounds to pinch pennies.

to be honest tsm is way too powerful of an auction house addon. it alone is the single most economy destroying addon in the game. I would be fine without it, but hey it’s not up to me so whatever.

4 Likes

Changes I would like to see that would be good for the game. But would probably annoy the heck out of market manipulators.

• First in first out. People who want to sell would have to undercut rather than just keep churning with their bots. And if you want to claim there’s no bots, explain why 20 sellers dropped their price on a 20k item of zero real value (level 1 white lw item) to 1 gold within an hour of me putting one up at that price at 3 am.
  • Auctions could not be canceled after a bid has been put in. Wheeler dealers could no longer place phony bids on their own vastly overpriced listings in order to make it appear there is demand at that price.
3 Likes

and a broken economy a la AH bots and wow tokens is not healthy for an MMO. But you know that, you were just trolling.

2 Likes

lol. There was one guy trying to run down the market on a particular bag a couple years ago. I think he was ticked the price was high so he’d buy one (mine since was flipping them all, lol) and then relist it at half the price or less. Id just buy it and relist again, lol.
He finally figured out I was flipping the things so he popped a cork and hate whispered me.
He finally starts going for broke, buying stacks of the bags and relisting them at about half the price. Im not joking here…the guy was literally giving me free money for about an hour, whispering sweet murderous nothing in my ear the whole time.
He was about 5000g into it before he must have realized there wasnt any way to win it from his side if he was giving me free gold, lol.
Finally got one last hate rant from him and never heard from him again, lol

2 Likes

The problem with this, and the “few minutes to relist then no more cancelling” etc ideas is that it has one key point of failure.

It requires blizzard to redo their decade+ old spaghetti code for the AH which is likely a complete mess and would take a herculean effort to even understand what was going on.

Maybe im wrong, but it’s much more realistic to ask for absolutes across the system then limited systems.
Not that blizz is likely to listen to those either though IG.

This is one of the reasons that the game has been around for song long. Another is all of the little details within building, rooms, and crevasses even with pictures and writing on random dropped and placed things.

If there was a combat addon with the power of TSM they would have killed it long ago.

Gives way too much power and semi automation.

Never get emotional in an investment, lol, but man can you make a lot of money off emotions. I love this story, seen it a few times myself… always enjoyable.

There used to be a guy who would list a single item of like cloth at 1s or whatever to try and trick people into selling stacks cheap.

I kept buying them. He got mad at me. So then I would buy the stacks people would drop minus one so his stayed but I got the stacks.
So one time someone dumps 20k on it and I scoop it up, but then I noticed that a huge chunk of mine triggered right after.
He tried to buy the stack, in a rush, but I wasn’t screwing around with -1 on q 20k stack I just bought them all. He must have clicked the adjusted price and bought 20k at full market price, cuz he was absolutely bouncing off the walls when he whispered me.

Being the nice guy I am I offered to buy the 20k back at 10% under market value so he didn’t have to go through the hassle himself. He didn’t go for it :frowning:

2 Likes

They actually just did this at the start of SL. And some of the changes have made the AH less useful to anyone who is not a full-time cancel scanner.

2 Likes

Maybe. I’m not quite sure why they can’t add a field (to be very generic here) to their items that tracks last time posted that gets stored in the database and a check that looks at that date and says “nope, it was listed within 24 hours ago…gotta wait”. Maybe disable this check for items in certain buckets like consumables (which we know they can do because the AH has sections for them) and save it for the bigger/1 time purchase nature of items like weapons/armor, pet’s, etc.

I’m not their systems architect but it seems like a solvable problem without doing a total AH revamp which, if they ever did, I would hope would come with a way for buyers to request goods in the forms of work orders that crafters could choose to take up and fulfill…like say I put in a work order wanting 100 flasks for X gold. If a crafter can see my posted work order, they might decide that is a good deal and can fulfill that taking the 100 flasks out of their inventory and receiving my posted gold.

Ah could without a doubt use an overhaul. Lots of QoL features that are needed really.

They need to break DBM and Weak Auras next. The World First Race will be better if Method and Limit had to do the mechanic without an addon.