Did the entire Art Team just quit or something?

I disagree. They do fit the game. The fit the zone we are going too- a zone people asked for by the way.

They do fit the game. I don’t see how they don’t fit the game. They all look like their classes they were designed for apart from maybe warlocks that look like they’re a clan member.

But yeah- they’re fine. Not GREAT. But they’re fine. Not worth bashing that’s for sure.

I honestly reckon blizzard is running bloody low on confidence right now, I don’t think bashing every decision they make is that smart- especially if it’s a game everyone loved to play.

2 Likes

I like em, the theme is very much ‘ancient beatsticks and lightsabers using technology that doesnt care about reality’

3 Likes

Exactly 100%

I like them, I think they look exactly as you’d expect them to look for the theme of the zone.

1 Like

What I tried to say is that the expansion is a big disconnect from the game and we still lack essentials which should have been taken care of by now. I don’t feel anything when I see the 9.2 update, it’s just a constant reminder that we are not valued as customers, the story being in the gutter and their systems are forcefully designed bad compared to FF14.

I want a quality game. The best source of entertainment I currently get is RPing on an EU-server which I occasionally visited in the past and started to play regularly on now. It’s that bad for me.

they put all the effort into the set that matters most. The blizz shop set. The game we pay to play is mediocre to hold us. The best looking stuff is for shop whales only.

You think this

https://i.postimg.cc/cHKFyvym/image.png

looks better than all of these?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Closed mind, because I think the weapon and tier art looks pretty pathetic? Look at the new Sylvanas model or the travel form, those look good. Looks like those actually had time and effort put into them.

do these tier sets have magical energies swirling around the entire character model and have all the pieces 3D.
But your asking if my opinion vs your opinion…what’s the point of your question?

The point is its a very unique set that is as usual placed behind a paywall with no other option to get.

IMO it does look better then the mages Tier set but that’s because its got colors and doesn’t look like it was left too long in the bleach wash cycle with the socks.

2 Likes

I mean, a major asset artist did quit this summer during the first round of scandals. Her work was very noticeable.

• Bobby kotick should resign
7 Likes

the sets themselves look fine, it’s really not that atypical compared to a the other sets that are raid themed.

They’re largely not my cup of tea because bright golds and whites don’t feel right on my UNDEAD DEATH KNIGHT

1 Like

So far the transmog looks good for characters like mechgnomes. Thats nice.

1 Like

This might be the more plausible explanation.

1 Like

I suppose you’re right, there isn’t a point since what does or doesn’t look good is opinion and as always the method to get anything off the shop if you don’t want to pay cash is with gold.

Yeah I feel different, I think the cash shop mog looks like something from BC, too much color for me :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s the crafters of the warcraft universe, IE the ones who made the titans and they made titan weaponry. Anything remotely attached to titan crap is bland as all get out. The sets in uldir for christ sakes make us look like dumb cybermen! 10.0 can’t get here soon enough where we will have a fresh slate. 3rd times a charm right?

1 Like

The Sylvanas model is just her base mod without her 9.1 armour on :joy:

2 Likes

they farm out a lot of their artwork, i.e. they don’t have their own employees do it

1 Like

they are and have probably been busy working on store mounts, store tmogs, store everything.

1 Like

A long time ago the people who made World of Warcraft what it was until WotLK has moved on. One by one they were leaving until this Xpac has no senior anything that actually made this game something good.

And their “creativity” was called out as what it is by their own advertisement:

1 Like

After the launch of Shadowlands, the art team just checked out. Everything has been so bland and uninspired lately.

The art team completely dropped the ball with the customization additions they implemented for 9.1.5. The lack of quality, polish, and care that went into a majority of the work is actually egregious, and the fact that they disregarded the player feedback over the years makes it even more insulting.

1 Like