Did the entire Art Team just quit or something?

It’s the crafters of the warcraft universe, IE the ones who made the titans and they made titan weaponry. Anything remotely attached to titan crap is bland as all get out. The sets in uldir for christ sakes make us look like dumb cybermen! 10.0 can’t get here soon enough where we will have a fresh slate. 3rd times a charm right?

1 Like

The Sylvanas model is just her base mod without her 9.1 armour on :joy:

2 Likes

they farm out a lot of their artwork, i.e. they don’t have their own employees do it

1 Like

they are and have probably been busy working on store mounts, store tmogs, store everything.

1 Like

A long time ago the people who made World of Warcraft what it was until WotLK has moved on. One by one they were leaving until this Xpac has no senior anything that actually made this game something good.

And their “creativity” was called out as what it is by their own advertisement:

1 Like

After the launch of Shadowlands, the art team just checked out. Everything has been so bland and uninspired lately.

The art team completely dropped the ball with the customization additions they implemented for 9.1.5. The lack of quality, polish, and care that went into a majority of the work is actually egregious, and the fact that they disregarded the player feedback over the years makes it even more insulting.

1 Like

I am not surprised they are ignoring that type of feedback. I can barely figure out what you are complaining about the things are so minor. This is a huge game, they aren’t going to spend weeks on such minor details.

1 Like

Art and music are probably the areas where they nail it every time. In my opinion.

1 Like

Absolutely.

When I first saw the tier sets, I was confused. I did not want any of them, even a little bit. I feel like they’re all Kyrian/Oribos-themed. So boring. :confused:

I don’t really see anything overt that defines the classes. The aesthetic is too “light,” and only fits Paladins, Priests, and Warriors.

If they want to bring tier sets back, they should look back at the time when they did them right.

Now that’s a tier set.

5 Likes

This. - And they’re just lame in my opinion. The biggest reason they still look good is that they’re high rez, not that they are particularly creative or something we’ve never seen before.

In addition to that, unfortunately pretty much all covenant sets look better in comparison in my opinion.

They’re not horrible or something… just not my taste and I wish it was more obvious what set is for what class. The only reason we know what set is for what class are re-used assets :smiley:

4 Likes

The feedback the developers ignored were the requests since the Nightborne’s release to have more youthful and NPC accurate faces. Instead, they doubled down on the elderly faces that Nightborne already had plenty of on release.

Attention to detail matters, and dropping the ball on so many minor details diminishes the overall quality immensely.

This isn’t an indie game developer we’re talking about. When you look at other player models, there shouldn’t be huge disparities in terms of the quality of work they receive.

3 Likes

I’d just like to know why they had to go with guns and crossbows. Couldn’t they have gone ONE RAID without guns?

1 Like

This. I don’t hate them and they aren’t bad. They’re just not anything that fits my characters. It’s not a skill problem, it’s a vision problem. The theme would be good for like the Paladin tier set maybe, or even Warrior or Priest. But what self-respecting Demon Hunter goes around in SHINING GOLDEN ARMOR? A Rogue would get mugged in a back alley wearing something like that. When a Warlock in that tier set summons a demon, it will flee from them, thinking they are the Silver Hand come to smiteth them. Hunters and Druids don’t have a vine or a hide or a strip of leather anywhere; there’s no grass or moss or bones - how is that okay? I guess the mage is okay, but looks more like a nun to me, assuming that’s even the mage I’m looking at, since they all look pretty much the same.

How are you going to be a Death Knight wearing this glowing golden get-up?

I hear Arthas laughing at them from inside the Maw. He’s saying, “lol weak. Are you from the Ebon Blade or the Argent Tournament? lmao”

I feel like this tier set project was rushed and not given the love it deserved. Each class deserves its own unique design, constructed each season from the ground up, made to fit a specific thematic aesthetic or idea. There are no hard and fast rules, except that WoW always went by the “Rule of Cool,” stating that coolness should be concentrated and potent, there shouldn’t be a great deal of bleed and overlap from one concept to another.

And yet, I literally see one tier set replicated and minimally modified for each class.

I won’t say they’re bad. They’re just pointless. With all the choices we have in our appearance tab, who is legitimately going to wear these? Who thinks that these sets are genuinely the most interesting out of the myriad of options already available to us?

8 Likes

I like the Hunter stuff (weapons, armor), although I had to look at the tier set for about 10 minutes to form an opinion beyond a first impression.

1 Like

Well, according to PC Gamer:

"Blizzard is definitely aware of this, but without World of Warcraft, A Realm Reborn wouldn’t exist," Yoshida said. “WoW was the game we constantly looked up to.” He also showed his disapproval for the conversation surrounding which game is doing better, saying "our goal was to recreate a Final Fantasy version of WoW, so saying we won or lost to WoW is off-base to start with, because they were the game we aspired to be."

However the WOW team really did not rose up to the challenge of keeping the image of a game FF aspired to be. And I think Yoshida is aware of that too.

But the case in point: Art in FF is not “better” than WoW, but it is made with more care.

2 Likes

It looks like Bob the janitor was left to create the new tier set outfits. He did a pretty good job with the time he had to work on it.

1 Like

looks around am I seriously like the only one who kinda likes these sets? I mean yea most of em aren’t my favorite but I kinda like their look . . . Well actually I lie I think the shaman one is my favorite shaman set and I hope it gets a pvp reskin so I can use these tokens I’ve been farming to get it for my wildhammer shaman. Also the mythic Paladin set reminds me of judgement, my all time favorite Paladin teir set . . . It’s to bad I’ll most likely never get it because I don’t do mythics until I can solo them.

1 Like

The new tier sets remind me of the catchup token gear in Argus.
And I hate the shoulders for priest because questing gear/tailoring (?) had similar shoulders and the headpiece also looks like it’s already somewhere in my transmog collection.

Also the colors look really… boring to me, it’s really bland with little detail.

4 Likes

Considering the rest of the comment you wrote, and going by your logic, you liking the sets, doesn’t make it good.

Yeah, it’s not like they can make a mistake every once in a while, like making player models that divide a community. Nope, no sir… :man_facepalming: /s

So did they put work in Cata Worgen Female.

I’m pretty sure disallowing people to criticize the art is being extremely negative and closed minded to the art you love…

Look, just because your positive, doesn’t mean your doing the same exact thing everybody else is doing. :confused:

1 Like

Get used to it. Want something cool? Let me direct you to the cash shop!

1 Like