Did some Alliance Helves become Void Elves?

Blizzard doesn’t care. Umbric as the leader only mentions the Horde, so either they are all or mostly Blood Elves.

Point is, it’s Alliance stuff, so it doesn’t matter - Blizzard.

1 Like

The real fun part is looking at the Alliance War Campaign after learning about what Void Elves are and how limited they’re supposed to be. Every single major battle, including the diversion in Nazmir that was specifically a suicide mission, had Void Elves comprising like one third of the Alliance’s forces.

If there were 1000 canonical Void Elves at the start of BFA, their numbers have probably dropped to 50-100 by the end, based solely on how eager they are to jump on literally any sword they can find.

I know! It’s like the Void Elves decided “okay what’s the easiest way of decimate ourselves”

Like for real, we didn’t need a Void Elf Army there, juts a couple of Velves opening portals and moving people and IDK Umbric saying that he wishes their numbers were greater.

I wouldn’t be surprised if by the end of next expansion, Void Elves magically have this large sustainable population.

Wouldn’t be the first time. They pulled a massive industrialized army out of The Hordes butt twice, despite always being a faction whose main story had always been “We have no resources, lets invade Ashenvale”

3 Likes

Huh? I didn’t noticed this. I seen Silvermoon NPC’s and Void Elves…

High Elves are Blood Elves are Void Elves are High Elves

2 Likes

They have at least a platoon in Nazmir and another in Zuldazar. I think they have somehow found a way to replicate the ritual and are turning more Thallasian elves into void elves to replenish their ranks.

Remember that story quest in Dazar’alor where we were told to open rifts to abduct horde ambassadors? Notice that most of the ambassadors that we kidnap were blood elves.

Some of the wayfarers that randomly spawn in Telogrus high elves, and recruiting velves also added high elves wandering around Stormwind.

According to the devs the Void Elves do not have a method of replicating the process… yet. But they are looking for a way to do so safely. Which makes the whole Nazmir thing very head scratching to say the least.

Even with that said, which Thalassian elves are they going to be converting?

The Alliance High Elves that supposedly are too few in number to be an Allied Race on their own can’t really add that many to their ranks, and I believe it would be a hard sell getting anyone, but especially those High Elves who want to disassociate from their Blood Elven brethren, to agree to being infused with void energy and having insanity inducing whispers permanently yammering in their heads.

Blood Elves seem more likely to engage in dangerous procedures to attain power, but just how many Blood Elf traitors are there that are also willing to have insanity inducing whispers constantly chattering away in their heads for the rest of their lives?

In truth, Void Elves should not have been present in any significant number in Nazmir, but wow’s devs have admitted that “there are as many as we need there to be” when it comes to in game visuals.

Bottom line is, Void Elves are unsustainable as a race outside of natural reproduction. If there aren’t enough Alliance High Elves to be a race, there certainly aren’t enough to convert into a sustainable population for Void Elves and that’s assuming any significant number would sign up for the crazy. Drawing Blood Elves into the Void Elf ranks is slightly more plausible but even then, how many would forsake Silvermoon and the Horde “for power” and all the baggage that comes with being a Void Elf? Not enough to sustain a community I’d wager, and neither High Elves nor Blood Elves could continue to sustain Void Elves in the long term.

Basically, even when Blizz decides to say “Void Elves have figured out to make more!”, it won’t actually do anything to help sustain their population. There’s a limit to how many individuals can be cannibalized from High Elves and Blood Elves and any and every death of a Void Elf is a staggering loss for them. Blizzard is going to have to let us know if Void Elves can procreate the old fashioned way and explain why their offspring aren’t insane tentacle monsters right out of the womb. Then they are going to need to explain how they can reproduce so quickly to sustain them as a species when they are constantly suffering losses from military engagements… or from simply falling into madness from the whispers.

As they stand, Void Elves are an unsustainable people.

3 Likes

No they like to leave things vague so they do not have to come out and say “Yes we used lots of excuses for why High Elves are not an allied race for the alliance but the truth is it was all BS. We do not want to blur the lines between the alliance and horde anymore than we already have thus the alliance will never get High Elves.”

What I think happened is Blizzard assumed that they would be called lazy for giving the Alliance blue-eyed Blood Elves so they asked themselves: “How can we give them what they want but still give them something unique?”

But! Little did they know (even though they should have) that there is no pleasing the WoW community. They were called lazy anyways and jerks for not giving the Alliance blue-eyed Blood Elves.

3 Likes

At least I can forgive the Horde’s boom a little bit more; like industrialization by itself made them more reliable on machinery than numbers, and tbh we don’t know how steady was the population growth overall for Orcs and other Horde races; would make a lot of the Horde a bunch of 12 yo’s… but at least it’s vague enough about the overall numbers.

Void Elves tho, they are a known quantity with not actual means of replication. Much like the Forsaken pre-Cata, but the Forsaken where like the undead population of an entire kingdom plus some from others, while the Void Elves are a… research party gone blue.

This is a lame take even in the most general of senses, but when we are literally talking about group mobility between these 3 it’s downright asinine. Try to pay attention to the conversation happening before joining.

3 Likes

no she is not, having void form =/= void elf, otherwise all blood elf and night elf shadow priests would be void elves.

She IS. I’ll reiterate for you. She absorbed/ate/ingested/consumed a Void Naaru. She is an Elf, Who are highly susceptible to magical influence. Blood Elves were siphoning Mana worms and got green eyes. Lady consumed an entire NAARU. If we look back a Naaru damn near made Illidan, a raid boss, twice. Her puppy on a lightbound leash. If you have any doubts after reading this then we will definitely have to agree to disagree. It’s my contention that the Void naaru was so powerful it forever altered her.

void elves are blue, alleria is pink.

using void powers does not make one a void elf, void elves are stuck in a transition state between elf and becoming an ethereal, alleria is not in that state.

I think you’re wrong. the evidence is right in front of you.

So then the common ground is that Void Elves don’t have to necessarily be Blue and it only depends on the specific manner of transformation?

3 Likes

Wowwiki says she’s both Void and High now. But blizz in game hasn’t made it perfectly clear. So I think from the circumstances we can logically conclude she’s turned into a Void Elf while still retaining her high elf appearances.

while sojourning with the [Army of the Light],was attacked and infected with the void on a [Burning Legion](gamepediacom/Burning_Legion) prison world that had been deeply saturated by its energies

infected with the void.

Locus Walker offered Alleria the heart of the slain void revenant Nhal’athoth, which Alleria consumed. So long as she remained in control of herself and her mind, the shadow would be her ally.

Within the [Seat of the Triumvirate](//wowgamepediacom/Seat_of_the_Triumvirate), Alleria confronted L'ura herself. Locus Walker encouraged Alleria to use the power of the void rifts the darkened naaru was opening, and Alleria absorbed L'ura's essence completely, turning her to a void state. Although the process changed her, giving her access to a void form, Alleria maintained that she was still in control, the same person she had always been, but now something more.

this is literally telling us she is not a High Elf anymore. "Although the process changed her… Changed she maintains shes still in control but something More

Doesn’t she at one point refer to herself as a Void elf…when referring to Void Elves she says ‘we’?