Did Plunderstorm "cost us a raid tier"?

Would it have cost a raid tier if they never planned to add a raid to Season 4 of Dragonflight to begin with?

The Fated Season gives them the resources to hide content droughts between expansions without upsetting people. Up the item levels and reuse old raids…

EverQuest handled it, so I am leaning towards thinking WoW can as well.

4 Likes

I didn’t choose the plorm life, the plorm life chose me.

4 Likes

Except that Fated upsets a ton of raiding guilds because it cuts content short (both season rewards, and the traditional end-of-expansion mount-farming period).

Fated participation in Shadowlands was half that of the season right before it, and that was with Blizzard bribing people with FOMO rewards to get it as high as it was. Fated raiding is NOT popular, in the slightest.

1 Like

I doubt it cost us a raid tier, but it also wasn’t some little intern project either.

Quoting from a blue post in the Community Council’s thread:

/moo :cow:

3 Likes

I don’t remember that feedback on the forums but I’ll take your word for it and stand corrected.

1 Like

No. Dragonflight for whatever reason had some changes and ended the way it did. Not 'cause of this. This I imagine as someone pointed out earlier ; was done by a bunch of people from the spellbreak game dev team that was bought. I imagine it took some resources but not as much as player housing would take.

That’s depressing.

2 Likes

they worked so hard on this lol

They really should hire some people who actually want to work on WoW, to work on WoW.

The stragglers they have ‘working’ on WoW currently don’t seem interested in working on WoW. Everyone who did like WoW has been fired or quit, I guess.

Garrisons were not housing.

4 Likes

They were, but thank you for reminding everyone why Blizzard will never update WoW’s housing.

4 Likes

No doubt more effort was put in by the marketing team than the dev team.

1 Like

Marketing teams at game publishers don’t put in effort. They just shovel money at streamers to do their jobs for them.

I’m sure it cost us actual wow content.

3 Likes

Play SWTOR or ESO and then compare their housing to Garrisons. Please.

Garrisons are base building, not housing. There’s almost NOTHING about them that makes them housing.

You KNOW this but you’re gonna be obtuse about it.

5 Likes

Brewa is a dwarf now!

:scream:

I have, I’m primarily a builder, I play lots of games where you build things.

WoW’s engine can’t handle anything more than the mister-potato-head “pre-assigned slots with a menu” system.

So I get my building fix in games that are designed for it. Because that will never be WoW.

1 Like

Cool, glad Blizzard hired you as a dev. Love that you’re somehow an expert on WoW’s engine and what it can and can’t do.

3 Likes