Did not receive Burgeoning Battlefield Furor from Weekly PvP Chest

UPDATE: Currently being told by a GM that since everyone was affected, they aren’t going to fix it and I have to grind ANOTHER week of conquest. This is not a solution. This is not a fix. I grinded to 1600 last week specifically to get 5 Furor’s from my chest for Rank 3 Since it was my last week doing PvP.

Do you have any idea how difficult and time consuming it is to start a fresh pvp season and try to hit 1600 when you’re somebody who virtually never does arenas? So if I don’t hit the necessary rating this week, I have to do ANOTHER week of conquest cap just because there was a bug? That’s not fair. That feels BAD.

Being told “your best bet is to cap another week of conquest” feels really bad from a player perspective. I did everything right. It was a bug. Bugs should be fixed. Smaller and larger things like this have been fixed.

Hello,

I capped my conquest last night because today’s chest should have been the last time I needed to cap conquest for rank 3 Conflict and Strife (currently at 11). I didn’t receive any from my PvP Chest, and I’ve checked my in-game mail, relogged, reloaded, and checked again. Yes I remembered to turn the quest in after capping, the item is still in my inventory. Was it stated anywhere that it wasn’t going to drop for this week?

Please help me and don’t make me cap another week of conquest :frowning:

Thank you!

EDIT: I got a piece of Challenger gear from my weekly pvp chest. I was 1550 on Sunday, and pushed past 1600 on Monday, I should have received 5, so clearly the rewards were still scaling based on rating. Looks like an unintentional bug that slipped through the cracks. The furor’s were never a “Season 3 PvP” reward like titles, mounts, or transmog. Theyre precursors to a rank 3 essence. They shouldn’t stop dropping just because the season was “over”(even though you could still gain and lose rating and receive scaled loot based on that rating even when the season was “over”).

9 Likes

It’s looking like a bug as the last post about this was moved to the Bug Reports forum.

1 Like

I would have posted there but I wasn’t 100% that it was a bug or intended.

Thanks for the info!

Exact same situation here. Capped Conquest, turned in quest and got none of the Essence items in chest today. I was 1600+.

1 Like

Same here for me and a friend

1 Like

Just echoing the same result here. The updates post indicated that

“Mythic Keystone and PvP chests that are opened this week reflect Season 3 rewards earned the prior week, and cannot be Corrupted, but may Warforge/Titanforge.”

So I’d think we’d receive the token based on our s3 rating.

3 Likes

yep me aswell

1 Like

Did not receive mine either. Ended at 1648. Got nothing. This is a bit infuriating I was looking forward to never having to do arena again.

3 Likes

so much this ^^^

1 Like

Same with me.

1 Like

no statement from blizzard it seems, in the same vote, this is kind of insane. very detrimental

2 Likes

As an update, I put in a ticket. The GM said that because the season closed on the 14th, we did not earn any furors (even though we got a conquest reward chest). This can’t be right, but he claimed this is intended.

I opened my ticket again. I’m not letting this one go. There was no indicator anywhere in game that the furors would be missing from the chest, and I definitely received a chest reward. Getting to 1600+ rating was probably the least fun I’ve had in game in the 15 or so years I’ve been playing, and I did it purely for C&S.

2 Likes

Yeah I only did pvp to get the furor’s as well, this is really frustrating. This is the response I got from my ticket:

“ Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support in regard to not receiving any progress for your Conflict & Strife essence. Please note PVP Season 3 closed on January 14 therefore these items were not able to be earned until the new season began. With the start of PVP Season 4 on January 21, these items may now be earned again and will start being delivered next week.

Please visit the What To Expect In Visions Of N’Zoth And Season 4 forum thread for more details: What to Expect in Visions of N’Zoth and Season 4

EDIT: I got a piece of Challenger gear from my weekly pvp chest. I was 1550 on Sunday, and pushed past 1600 on Monday, so clearly the rewards were still scaling based on rating. Looks like an unintentional bug that slipped through the cracks. The furor’s were never a “Season 3 PvP” reward like titles, mounts, or transmog. Theyre precursors to a rank 3 essence. They shouldn’t stop dropping just because the season was “over”(even though you could still gain and lose rating and receive scaled loot based on that rating even when the season was “over”).

My gripe is that it wasn’t stated anywhere that they wouldn’t be dropping. Also, they were never tied to pvp seasons to begin with. Even if you don’t do rated pvp and you just cap your conquest, you still get some from your weekly chest. It scales based on your pvp rating and drops more the higher your rating, so if we were still able to gain and lose rating last week, we should be getting scaled Furor’s accordingly. I told the GM I didn’t want to be dismissed and given the easy answer of “oh well season 3 was over”. I posted this in Customer Support and they moved it into bug forum, so this definitely wasn’t intended.

I get it that maybe nobody thought about this as an unintentional consequence, but I’m not letting it go either. I do not enjoy pvp, and this was the last week I needed them from the chest. It wasn’t stated anywhere they wouldn’t be dropping, otherwise I would have never done pvp last week.

That’s my feedback, thank you!

3 Likes

If you read the post they tell you to go to there’s absolutely nothing about furors not dropping. Furors are not a “seasonal” reward. They are a “Season 3 and Later” reward.

2 Likes

Yeah I hate every aspect of PVP in this game and only did it for rank 3 C&S because it is both my toons BIS minor. I play this game for raiding and therefore put in effort to achieve those goals. I ONLY conquest capped last week cause it would of got BOTH of my toons rank 3 C&S.

1 Like

Same here!

I hope we get some sort of feedback, because if I have to unreasonably cap again this week, I’d like to know sooner rather than later.

I’m kind of hoping the GM understands that they were never a “seasonal” reward. It’s really disappointing and feels bad when you do PvP for PvE reasons, and then don’t receive the reward you were working for.

Stay hopeful!

Same thing, I put my ticket back in, Hoping they understand its not a seasonal reward, and even if it was, we got the item out of the box, why not the furors?

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/NAu7YT2

why in the world would they respond with this? completely ludicrous for an essence.

edit: image attached is from blizzard customer service. they state its a seasonal reward. LOL WHY WOULD AN ESSENCE BE A SEASONAL REWARD?

Yeah, it’s so dumb! It’s not a season reward… it literally transcends seasons… It’s not like we’re asking for armor or anything