Did most of the decent players quit?

BTW do you think that 4 hour , 3 hour, or even quick 2 hour que times might destroy the game for some players.

No, I’m still here.

You still have me.

They are in their own groups, not pugging. Most people formed tight bonds in Legion (when M+ came out and really started requiring some planning) and have stuck together since.

WOA 90 to 95% of players do not care about top tier play and probabaly for the same reason that little league baseball teams do not demand a 475 foot distance from home plate to the homerun fence. Yes some players can hit a home run at that distance but how many little leaguers and even high school baseball players would find that acceptable?

Just got out of a +5 ML with a hunter that face pulled at least 5 packs, then proceeded to take their sweet time moving out of Sanguine, then proceeded to backpeddle through the minefield and nearly get catapulted into another pack, and also lost by about 3.5K DPS overall to the other hunter with 20 less ilevel.

They had a 400+ IO score too… I just don’t understand man.

This. Dear god SO. MUCH. THIS. :woman_facepalming:t4: Shirrak the Dead Watcher in Auchenai Crypts is the first one that popped into my head. I’ve yet to have a single alt go through that dungeon since level scaling that doesn’t wipe on that boss at least once.

Not really, Vanilla bosses had like 2 mechanics max, most of them were tank and spank spam shadowbolt or fireball.

But I will say LFR has been a terrible idea. Blizzard shouldn’t have to make an entire raid tier just for people who can’t be bothered. Just give them a slot machine in one of the cities to use that gives them gear once a week, that’s what they really want.

2 Likes

I, played Warcraft, Warcraft II and Warcrtaft III in the 90s I came back to play WoW in WotLK in 2009.

They are playing FFXIV

People who play Wow to farm and craft not having to farm is like telling players who play to do dungeons and raids that they do not have to do dungeons and raids.
I am going to guess that you are probabaly one of those fanatic players who does 4 or more dungeons or 2 or more raids in a single week.

Ooh, yes, we could go to Zurvan, get our weekly token and pull the instant “You Win!” lever, it’d be awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

You know this thread is almost 6 months old right?

1 Like

Tis the month of the Necromancer, hence all the recent resurrections :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe this was the root cause.

He did confirm that he said the words.

2 Likes

Great, now we have to get him to the fish tank and sing…

Yes. 

Vanilla WoW players were super bad.

Tons of players couldn’t do the dungeon content and since there wasn’t other content they’d go there anyways.

Now that WoW has been around for fifteen years and some people have grown up playing it, the average WoW player is way better than the Classic WoW player.

this is true, people are like “In Vanilla everyone was super elite master sensei lord of skills” ,but the truth is that the mechanics were not harder than today’s mechanics.

2 Likes

I was in a raiding guild back in classic and remember doing the dungeon 2 set quest to smash Stratholme in 15 minutes.

I also had to run UBRS like 90 times to get my dungeon 1 set shoulders. People were atrociously bad back then.

If I had a buck for every time people we randomly recruited for runs stared at me and my crew slack jawed for pulling whole rooms in scholomance I’d have a tidy sum.

Most classic players were dreadfully awful and wouldn’t be able to do things like mechagon. They couldn’t do strat.