Did most of the decent players quit?

Since Vanilla WoW for the most part, being in a dungeon group, BG group or whatever, it was pretty competitive. If there was a bad player it was easy to carry them and move on with your life. In BFA, especially recent times though, I feel like entire groups are bad. It’s very common (like 95%) to be in a group now where 3 DPS have no clue what they are doing and the healer is just terrible. Not only are they awful at their class, but simple mechanics are destroying them, prolonging fights and runs. It’s getting really stressful to play with so many players that are bad enough to be mistaken for cheap bots. Is anyone else experiencing this?

And no I’m not talking trash to them or anything, I have just been sucking it up and trying to carry as much of the load as possible. I just feel like on average, the good players have left WoW and what’s left is just some super high end players and some new or lowest tier skill players. Where the hell did the good guys, the good casuals go?

21 Likes

you dont quit wow you just take a break.if everyone herd that the next expansion was better then tbc they would all be back.

6 Likes

I’d agree with you. I swear it’s like people cannot do even the simplest of things without being hand held thru it.

Did LFR tonight. Figured it’d be a quick clear for a chance at the mount.

7 people failed the robots. Seven different people. As in they got in the robots, the red skull popped up, then they got thrown out.

If you don’t know, in LFR you can see your own robots color while inside it, so they literally failed a test given to preschoolers (matching colors) It was ridiculous.

28 Likes

I tend to skip LFR and just go straight to pugging heroic mode since gear ez to get. Tends to be easier and less time consuming that LFR LOL

that sucks i dont do raids,m+ or lfr but yea people dont want to work for anything anymore which makes me glad classic wow is coming out soon.

4 Likes

I expected the normal laziness, them just not getting in the robots at all, or afk. But actively failing it?

1 Like

Sounds like you found people who were trolling or mostly solo’d they’re way into LFR and thus the problems.

Oh my god that’s hilarious XD

6 Likes

maybe you had all noobs in there?

1 Like

Most of the good people just play with other good people.

11 Likes

OP Topic is literally about 5 mans from level 15-119. People just suck these days in 5 MANS! I’m getting group after group that is constantly dying to stuff. If I tank, the DPS is really terrible and the run goes slow. If I DPS the healing and tanking is slow, bad, and people die a lot. If I heal the run is super slow but at least rarely deaths. I’m out of healers to level and getting pissed at how bad the average dungeoneer is these days.

2 Likes

It shouldn’t be surprising if players are less and less skilled. What with the shift toward pushing boost sales and the continual changes to leveling dungeons that keep new players out, why would anyone who wasn’t a veteran nostalgic about the dungeons they used to wipe in back in the old days even do instances before reaching max level?

3 Likes

Well back in Vanilla through most of Wrath and even into Cata only a fairly small persentage of the population did the type of content that needed that level of skill.

Since the inclution of the LFG system and things like LFR and Mythic dungeons the numbers of people doing that level of content has skyrocketed. This means there are a whole lot more people of all skill levels trying to do the content that at one time only the good players as you call them could be successful at.

The ‘good players’ didn’t go anywhere, they are just now outnumbered by everyone else because there are fewer barriers to the content.

7 Likes

While I agree, all the really good players from vanilla in my circle have indeed quit and never came back.

6 Likes

I don’t mind wiping on hard content, but just pisses me off seeing someone die to a 20 second windup mechanic or something ridiculous. Violet Hold execution spell by last boss for example lol… nobody clicks, just blindly slaps boss.

1 Like

And they were prolly replaced by other players with equal skill. Your level of skill isn’t dictated by when you start playing. I doubt the ratios of good to bad players are any different now then they were in Vanilla.

4 Likes

I quit yes. I don’t ever plan on coming back. Though I forgive Blizzard WoW has changed so much it is beyond recognition I no longer know WoW.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure just about everyone has quit

3 Likes

There is other games where I can pour my dollars into. I can know my 15 bucks matter in another game.

2 Likes

Yeah, tell that to the peak when there were 12 million.

4 Likes