Did I grab the right professions for holy Paladin?

The two I grabbed were herb gathering and alchemy. I thought about the other professions that could help me later on at cap level

There really isn’t a “wrong” profession.

Unless you’re doing PVP, and then you absolutely want Engineering.

4 Likes

Can’t go wrong with herb/alchemy. Can make your own mana potions and elixirs. Lots of help for your guild/friends and good gold making potential. Also you don’t have to get difficult recipes like you do with leatherworking and blacksmithing.

1 Like

Engineering also amazing for dps classes without a rez.

1 Like

Yes very wrong.

Alchemy is waste, get that on lvl 35 alt if you want to make potions.

Engineering is a must for paladin. While leveling do mining/skinning… for gold. At 60 drop skinning for engineering and be pvp and pve god.

2 Likes

getting mining or skinning instead of alchemy for leveling.

eventually you’ll wanna be engineering/x. Alchemy, mining, herb would all work paired with engineering. Generally as Horic says alch is an alt profession

You can save hte alchemy recipes you find cheaply on a bank alt anyway.

Low level potions are very cheap alchemy will get you nothing until you have the in demand high level stuff. Mining/herb will give you mats that have value earlier.

edit - there are a few exceptions tho. Swiftness pots and regular elemental protection potions come to mind. Elixir of fortitude

1 Like

Crafting professions are a gold sink and are not as profitable until max level.

Until you are 60, go double gathering and sell EVERYTHING on the AH.

3 Likes

Herb/Alch is fine for a paladin unless you are a serious PVPer. Then you want engineering. You don’t need to save up money for a mount like other classes, and when you reach 60 you can spam dungeons and sell what drops in there to get your epic.

1 Like

There is no wrong way to play. There’s at least as much reason make your choice as there is to not.

Mana pots are really expensive right now. Being able to farm up your own and sell the surplus makes a lot of sense, to me.

Lots of folks recommend engineering. I personally hated it when I leveled it. Way too much crap to keep around. Sure, it could ad a lot of flavor and fun. But as a paladin, I don’t feel I’m missing anything without it.

3 Likes

Well, yeah, but paladins definitely have a rez.

But … is it just a TBC thing, or was engineering the only way a paladin had to pull at range? Not really important unless they’re trying to tank, but I remember there being some engineering item used to pull.

On which note, your end-game plans may influence what you want to do. If you only plan to heal in raids, there’s not as much value in engineering. If you want to be heavily into PvP, very different story - so much to add to your damage and control.

Engineering is great for raids too.

Reflect trinkets for various elements flying at you.

You get more dps with pets that power up with engineering level.

Mines clear suppression room in bwl like nuclear weapons.

Ranged charge and cc options.

Grenades give ranged attack, good for those shades in stratholme.

And so on… it’s the most OP profession ever!

Yea it’s amazing for everything

THere is no class that wouldn’t love engineering. But paladin benefits arguably the most because we deal with backfires the best and also have the simplest kit with otherwise empty globals beyond auto attack

1 Like

I don’t have engi on this toon and find the Crystal Charge consumable from Un’Goro very useful as a result. I am currently blacksmithing, which seems pointless except for quite cheap sharpening stones. So … we’ll see?

1 Like

Unless you’re going to get BS stuff from raids…I would say BS is not profitable generally

I know one person who does that and he is a Korean Boomer. And i mean real boomer

Most BS attach spurs and weapon chains…Annnnd that’s about it. OP neck tho…So keep it if u want it for that obviously.

1 Like

Sharpening stones? Yeaaahhhh I might have to stop RP’ing gold sink.

The elementium sharpening stone* schematic comes from raids lol

Hey +8 dmg isn’t chopped basilisk liver.

I’m not saying you’re not gonna make a lil something…But the people who can actually tip you for your service buy the gud stuff

1 Like

Link’s boomerang from Un’Goro quests.

1 Like

What if I want to make flasks? Get to 48?