Did Aszhara sink the entire Alliance fleet?

It is one way to avoid the “should we uphold Varian’s promise” dilemma, by making it so the Alliance isn’t in the position to do so. Though the problem of the whole war feeling awful persists. I just want the faction conflict over. Maybe the Horde will get a more compelling reason to like their own faction when Blizzard doesn’t feel like villain batting them more to justify conflict.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a “dilemma” to anyone outside this forum. You’re talking about two fricking expansions ago for Nether’s sake. Varian’s “promise” was nothing more than a throwaway dramatic moment for the cinematic. I knew that the moment he said it.

Are you still waiting for the underwater expansion to Vash’jir as well?

2 Likes

If only you’d read just one more sentence down.

2 Likes

I mean, there is going to be members of the Alliance playerbase, of those that care about the story, who would scoff at being remotely friendly with the Horde unless their help is desperately needed at this point.

Yes I did. And it doesn’t matter. We’ll still have players that insist that the Alliance “honors” the so-called promise once they piece together some rafts and billy clubs.

Zyco was responding to Carmageddon.

1 Like

We are starting to see some direct references to Mists of Pandaria, so I don’t think it’s implausible that at some point someone is going to bring up Varian’s ultimatum, and if that happens there will have to be a stated reason why they don’t actually carry it out.

2 Likes

That’s one magicked up shaman carpenter, who was unique and considered the golden standard. She’s the exception, not the rule.

I’m just going to point out the elephant in the room here. The horde and alliance lack a navy so hints why they needed the allied races. The night elves launch a full scale amphibious assault on dark shore. Why wasn’t this night elf fleet used to attack org while the horde army was away? How was the zandalari fleet mostly out and about when the alliance attacked yet the entire fleet is s conveniently in the harbor to be blown up when the alliance launches their sneak attack ? The answer is because it’s a bad story.

It’s not D-Day, it’s a bunch of rowboats with the Alliance’s Elite Champions pretty much fighting the war by themselves along with the Night Elf and Worgen auxillaries. They would not have a chance storming Orgrimmar.

1 Like

Perhaps Drahlina is a contrarian mask used by Carmageddon to instill doubt and unrest among alliance players, as well as convince night elf players to accept their role as discount high elven vassals in service to Borewind?

I haven’t ran an alt scan in a while, but the last time I did there were quite a few regular posters masquerading under alts.

1 Like

It’s more of a matter in observing the writing traditions of this entire franchise ever since the first game titled Orcs Vs. Humans. That’s been the one consistent theme of the whole ball of wax. All the other races have been supporting characters, that was the deal you should have figured out going in. As I recall, the bulk of the night elf fleet was destroyed during the eruption of Teldrassil… pummeled by the tree’s burning fragments. That and the Night Elf ships that were taken by Horde commandos.

At their best, we’re not talking about the equivalent of a Kul-Tiran or Zandalar navy.

Keep up with the paranoia though, I haven’t had a laugh this good since watching Matt and Pat.

1 Like

If they actually do it, I’ll quit posting for a month.

They didn’t cross the ocean in row boats come on now. The entire point was they had enough ships to launch a successful counter attack on darkshore so why not hit a target that would do some real damage since they obviously were the one race that had a large enough navy to move an army.

Have you looked at Night Elf ships? They’re beautiful to be sure, but they’re not the battleships that Ironforge and Stormwind crank out, much less Kul Tiras.

If I have hand gliders with machine guns and grenades in large numbers against an enemy that has nothing left that can fly i have air superiority. If I have row boats to move troops and the enemy has nothing that can stop it then I own the water. It doesn’t matter what the ships can do if they can move an army they can wreck havoc on an enemy that has no ships left to sink them. They don’t even need to attack org they could just as easily hit the echo islands, and fall back without anyone being able to chase them down.

Your sense of jest is pedestrian as ever, Drahlina. No fun at all.

This is Warcraft, rule of cool even when its stupid is the norm. Anyone with a cursory knowledge of naval warfare knows that Battleships have no use in an age of aircraft carriers and submarines outside of shore bombardment and veteran employment opportunities. And yet we have age of sail boats taking precedence against ships that they would be lucky to even get in range to attack, much less even scratch their paint. All because someone thinks disease-riddled splinter factories are romantic.

I still kind of want to see bombing runs with hand gliders and hand grenades now

1 Like

It is also a setting that has yet to transition with the guns at play in mind. Guns are just gamey plot convenient powerhouses or treated the same as bows.

1 Like

The answer is simple they would hsve never fought because the alliance isnt allowed a true real victory that isnt as set up or that dosent bliw up in their faces. Also the slliance isnt allowed to have something the horde dosent like a navy.

2 Likes